Perfect World vs. Jade Dynasty

ArchSaber - Sanctuary
ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Off-Topic Discussion
I have to be honest, Jade Dynasty is my least favorite game from Perfect World Entertainment.
AP classes are a real butt pounding...
Post edited by ArchSaber - Sanctuary on

Comments

• EbilBecca - Heavens Tear
    EbilBecca - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Agreed...crappy graphics and bots that lvl while you're away. Oh, not to mention the slow lvling when you are online.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]~sig by Satalia

The search function is a very useful tool, if you don't know how to use it then you're an idiot.b:chuckleb:cute

GAME UNINSTALLED b:victoryb:bye
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I was disappointed when I played it. There are good ideas in there (especially a real story that is slowly explained with quests) and I love that woody pig pet talking, but it was too bland and repetitive for me.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Toasteee - Heavens Tear
    Toasteee - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Plus the customization is nothing compared to PW's...b:surrender
  • Vanquish - Heavens Tear
    Vanquish - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2010
  • Yasarelle - Heavens Tear
    Yasarelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You guys care to expound a little more? I was thinking about downloading JD because the graphics and spellcasting effects, classes, and game world story looks better than PWI. But that's just from watching online videos. It's too bad they don't have a winged race. The flying is fun.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You guys care to expound a little more? I was thinking about downloading JD because the graphics and spellcasting effects, classes, and game world story looks better than PWI. But that's just from watching online videos. It's too bad they don't have a winged race. The flying is fun.

Just the battle routine and quests (not the official story that is revealed to you with time, but the battles you are asked to do) are no good.

1st quest: beat 30 monkeys and 30 pig-men;
    2nd quest: beat 45 monkeys;
    3rd quest : find rare item on monkeys.

On top of that, quests are incompatible with each other, so you end beating 80 monkeys (They look cute on top of that). Doing this all at once is quite insane, even if you have a pet and esper...

Of course you level fast at early levels. All of those factors made me go 'Oh, I feel like not going further in this game'.

Give it a try and you will understand what I mean.

-Special Mention to Toasteee for saving it from necro.-
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Dark_Winged - Raging Tide
    Dark_Winged - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    ive played both games.... and i like JD over PWI.... for one reason.... the botting.... and the fact its alittle easier... it would be nice to have the custom stats and all, but this also nice to pick how powerful the skills are... in JD its easy to get from lvl 1 to lvl 50 in a day, if not more, but after lvl 90 it does get harder, and theres not as many ppl playing as pwi, making the sever time for JD alittle faster (depends the realm you are in) to me, PWI seems too big of an area to start.... JD is smaller areas, with load time (portals) in between the areas, all areas are lvl based.... Sunstream *start area for humans* is lvl 1-15 and soo on... pwi just seems too big, too many players, and way too big of an area to just walk/fly/ride/teleport.... the classes (factions) are based on what side you pick, human or athen... but its really how you play those charaters in the game (PVE or PVP) and with the quest thing as quoted, its not kill 30 monkeys..... or find an item on a mob, its kill this, run back.... PWI drops coins in-game, JD gives you the Gold/Silver/Copper (coins)... and PWI if you die you lose EXP rigth away, JD you dont till lvl 90.... Botting in JD (Esper) doesnt take any energy till lvl 90, but after you get an item every 5 hrs....
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    And it's a 2 month necro. Amazing ._.

Nah not really, i've seen 2 year necro's. Anyhow in comparasion;

PWI >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> JD

I've played both, and while I like the bot feature JD offers so that players who are AFK or want to be lazy can lvl with it also is a disappointment, because of how much trouble setting the HP and MP food is. Along with setting skills and commands to use.
    The only good thing about JD is that you can just leave your character in a mob area that is 5-10 lvls higher than you, set your esper (the bot) to have you eat HP food if under 85% HP and you'll lvl to above that mobs lvl range within 3-4 hours of you being afk.
  • PsychedHarpy - Heavens Tear
    PsychedHarpy - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    JD upped their game with the new Classes. the Celans are BEAUTIFUL. Only one other thing I liked in JD was that auto-pathing was MUCH MUCH MUCH more efficient. BUT PWI is now stepping up the game with these Earthguards, hope they make improvements to the autopathing with the expansion, and some new genies b:thanks
  • ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver
    ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i never saw the point of ingame bots - if you want to play the game, play the game. if you want to watch a movie of someone playing a game - go to youtube. ingame bots just make me lose interest in games fast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maddog17
    maddog17 Posts: 6
    edited September 2012

lol yo take this from some one who knows about games homey these people obviouly dont know **** jade graphics WAY BETER! skills MAJOR awsome!! classes RAW as **** i have lvel 139 BALO on JADE DYNASTY allso level 115RAYAN and 90 MODO and i have 66pshychic on pwi 40 barb played veno yuk imma guy mystic UGH bored me but i went to 50 just to check out class played cleric a lil to squishy for me well point is im experienced in both games and imma tell u jade is bettr ADD ME :D ill explain alot more to yah
  • maddog17
    edited September 2012
    i never saw the point of ingame bots - if you want to play the game, play the game. if you want to watch a movie of someone playing a game - go to youtube. ingame bots just make me lose interest in games fast.

oh well let me explain sir the point is that when some one with a life has work or somthin like that they can still gain xp prolly not muxh at a higher level but they can collect items and mak mony till they get home and then they can turn the bot off sell th items get there gold nd get on the game :D welcome fo the explanation
  • maddog17
    edited September 2012
    jades beter and funner trust me
  • maddog17
    edited September 2012
    Agreed...crappy graphics and bots that lvl while you're away. Oh, not to mention the slow lvling when you are online.

no jade is actually verry easy to level people just play and dont know **** lol like my brother tryed and was super slow levler i level to 80 1 day in JD try that in PWI without FF Big Room mobs and heads or private pay a couple mill lol add me ill teach u some cool **** on JD and JD bot is for offline people AWSOME cool as ****
  • Altairego - Heavens Tear
    Altairego - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Super Necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xhack707
    xhack707 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    honestly guys pwi is better we all have lives but look jd asks for way to much like jd bots who the hell wants that i like to feel like im apart of my exp in the game not away from it and 150 and then 150 asc are you serious come on thats way to dam much for any mmo then killing 300 400 dam monsters for some little quest mybe if jd made some reasonable stuff they wouldnt need jd bots mybe they dont care about there character that much mybe thats why they would leave them to kill mobs for hours honestly that is lazy pwi is just more easy going good action big awesome world it has a better comforting vibe to it it doesnt have like 6 7 8 dam quest with riddles on your screen with hella chinese stuff ok look i downloaded jd got to a high lvl after i got to lvl 30 i was bored and the thing is no matter what character i choose its boring
    same story same plot and people power leveling its all played out honestly i play like vindictus im waiting for blade and soul but yeah um and when i downloaded pwi it felt easy going to play i felt like i could forever without geting bored quest where easy idk and guys im not saying that pwi is just godly compared to jd im just saying that pretty much its more easy to play than jd but still with cool powers but honstly guys get games with real time fighting way better like vindictus or something way more interactive mmobb:byeb:shutup
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Them fricking necro's

Mods, send this thread to oblivion with your okoolt majyks.

Please XD b:chuckle