Cleric point build? Im new to PWI!!

Options
maori534
maori534 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Cleric
So hi everyone...Im a new player to perfect world!
Im really enjoying it!
uhm but i had a question about my uhm points.. I am a cleric
i have 40 unused points and i have

Mag: 5
Str: 5
Dex: 5
vit: 5

I know there are like 3 different builds to this?
the solo person, and the party person and in between...but i dont really get it.
i just want to be a regular good cleric. I mean obviously i want to beable to heal well...because then the cleric would seem useless..

I played maplestory when i was younger so i kind of get how there is one main stat you put the points in and a secondary one...but i dont know which or how much each...

sorry for sounding clueless..can someone just tell me where to put these points and as i lvl which one is my primary?

thanks so much guys...i dont want to mess my character up..
Post edited by maori534 on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Per 2 levels you need at least 6 MAG and 1 STR. That leaves you with 3 points left.

You can put these extra points either in VIT (extra survivability, loses usefulness when your gear gets really good) or MAG (slightly stronger attack/heals, but leaves you a bit more vulnerable). Or a mix of both.

There are quite a few people who see pure MAG (9 MAG 1 STR every 2 levels) as the only way to go, and the rest is ''fail'' to them, I'd suggest not listening to those people.
    Both MAG and VIT can be good stats to invest in, but do plan ahead because a reset can be very costly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maori534
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Per 2 levels you need at least 6 MAG and 1 STR. That leaves you with 3 points left.

You can put these extra points either in VIT (extra survivability, loses usefulness when your gear gets really good) or MAG (slightly stronger attack/heals, but leaves you a bit more vulnerable). Or a mix of both.

There are quite a few people who see pure MAG (9 MAG 1 STR every 2 levels) as the only way to go, and the rest is ''fail'' to them, I'd suggest not listening to those people.
    Both MAG and VIT can be good stats to invest in, but do plan ahead because a reset can be very costly.

oh okay so when i hit like lvl 11 (im 9 right now)
    i add 6 more mag and 1 more str. then when im lvl 14 i add another 6 mag and 1 str?

and with the reimainder i can choose either mag or vit depending on the style.

ok what should my build look like as of now with 40 unused sp?
    how much mag should i have and how much str?
    i will probably put the rest in mag because clerics dont seem to ever be strong..they seem to just heal people..thats it hahaha. so i want to beable to heal well.
    edited September 2012
    Options
    maori534 wrote: »
    oh okay so when i hit like lvl 11 (im 9 right now)
    i add 6 more mag and 1 more str. then when im lvl 14 i add another 6 mag and 1 str?

and with the reimainder i can choose either mag or vit depending on the style.

ok what should my build look like as of now with 40 unused sp?
    how much mag should i have and how much str?
    i will probably put the rest in mag because clerics dont seem to ever be strong..they seem to just heal people..thats it hahaha. so i want to beable to heal well.

At level 11 it should look like this:

MAG 35
    STR 10

Leaving you with 15 points to put wherever you like.

Also a note; clerics can heal well no matter how you allocate your stats (unless your mag is too low to equip a weapon or something). I have 110 VIT myself and I heal maybe 10-15% less than a cleric with the same equipment, but full MAG. Instead I gain about the same percentage in HP.

Mind that clerics do need to be able to take a fair few hits at later levels, because a majority of the bosses at endgame have AoE attacks or switch their aggro at random. You don't need VIT at all to be able to put up with this, but I'd say it helps a fair bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maori534
    edited September 2012
    Options
    At level 11 it should look like this:

MAG 35
    STR 10

Leaving you with 15 points to put wherever you like.

Also a note; clerics can heal well no matter how you allocate your stats (unless your mag is too low to equip a weapon or something). I have 110 VIT myself and I heal maybe 10-15% less than a cleric with the same equipment, but full MAG. Instead I gain about the same percentage in HP.

Mind that clerics do need to be able to take a fair few hits at later levels, because a majority of the bosses at endgame have AoE attacks or switch their aggro at random. You don't need VIT at all to be able to put up with this, but I'd say it helps a fair bit.

oh wow okay thanks! if you want you should add me as a firne din game! thanks so much! also do you think HT server is good for a new player? or is it asking too much?
    edited September 2012
    Options
    maori534 wrote: »
    oh wow okay thanks! if you want you should add me as a firne din game! thanks so much! also do you think HT server is good for a new player? or is it asking too much?

It's tied with Lost City as the oldest server on PWI. The population is fairly big, but veteran players are a bigger part of it than other servers (due to it being older).

Endgame equipment/items are also a tad more expensive economy-wise compared to newer servers b:chuckle

And sure, you can add me. I'm online most of the time. My actual in-game nick is without a capital N, though (not sure why the forums do that).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PlumeAngel - Sanctuary
    PlumeAngel - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    ofc its up to what you like to play, i can only say what my experience are
    im pure mag and yes i still like it, i can kill mobs before they reach me and if they reach me i can use 1 time IH... (dont seeing vit clerics doing that b:pleased )
    remember most part you need to do your quests alone :D

for endgame gears its also easy just refine your gear and put citrine in your gear and you will get your hp enough,

your healing power will be great to with pure build, think about when you need to heal a barb with over 30k hp :D realy nog funny, all your healing power will depending on how much mag you have and ofc your gear and weap
    now im not saying a vit cleric cant heal that barb but a pure cleric has it much easyer then :D
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    The points in favor of pure build are stronger heals, stronger attacks, and more magic defense.

The points in favor of adding to vit are more hp, more physical defense.

For entirely new players I recommend a few points in vit. Maybe cap at 28 or 53 so you can restat it down to 3 vit near endgame with a 25/50 point restat note. For players who can fund even just a little, pure magic build should be fine.

My personal opinion is vit isn't needed as long as you learn your class and keep your gear up to date. If you want to level fast, though, the amount of coin a new player has wont be able to keep up with gear and refines.

I always consider pure magic to have more survivability once you get into the high 50's because you start either killing the physical mobs before they reach you or the mobs are magic and stay ranged to attack. A vit build may not be able to kill the mobs before they reach them, and would have less magic defense if the mobs are magical. As PlumeAngel pointed out, one IH on myself will allow me to tank 3-5 mobs for 15 seconds whereas I've seen vit clerics need multiple IHs to do the same thing and die before their heals could stack.

Really, the difference of 30 vit or magic won't be that important. Many tanks won't notice a difference in heals (but the good ones will). Likewise, 30 vit is 300 hp and probably won't save you either. So it comes down to a personal preference of whether you prefer to hang on the slightly more suicidal but useful heal and dd path, or slightly more reliable but weaker path. I'm fine with putting my own neck on the line and covering myself with skill rather than vit stats so I went pure, but thats just me.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    What Saku said. A cleric is most efficient when they are pure build. For my cleric (level 72 atm) is pure build and although he does not have the best gear, he can heal my other characters just fine. I have no problems with him. The only way a cleric will die is if someone leaves a mob open and does not attack it then the heal you set on someone who is being attacked at the time will have that mob set its sights on you. And that can be a bytch. So now all I got to finish with is, just refine your gear and perhaps add some vitality stones. You will be alright, trust me.
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    As people said there's 2 builds generally use, pure magic and hybrid vit/magic. Both work fine.
    I have 2 cleric one of each build and i can tell you there's not one better than the other, what matter it's how you gonna play it.
    Do like you feel it, if you think you need more vit add some point, if you think your fine as pure magic go with it.
    Hybrid vit/magic is not **** as some people say.
    People with who you play will not care if you are pure magic or vit, they will be happy to have a cleric and will just hope that you are good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute