Dual Monitors: Can we ask for the ability?

Options
LeiMai - Raging Tide
LeiMai - Raging Tide Posts: 246 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Support Desk
I'd really, really love to be able to have PWI and other stuff open at the same time. I haven't been able to figure out a way to do it, the game always 'pauses' so I can't see things in real time.

I had it working for all of two minutes in a wonderful glitch I guess, because I haven't been able to get it working again.

Just to be clear I mean having PWI open in windowed mode on one screen while having firefox and other things for example, open on the second screen. Same computer, one client running. I searched the forums but the questions turned into wanting multiple clients open on one computer, or having the display go across both screens.

I just want to keep the game active and moving in real time while googling or working on the other monitor. Is there some secret I've missed or is this just not supposed to be possible at this point?
Post edited by LeiMai - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I've done this before. I had it dual monitored. But it's not really 'possible' because anytime I would try and do something on the other monitor, the game would minimize on the other. So I would just have to re-open it when I wanted to get back to gameplay... hope that answered your question. If you wanna know how set it up let me know
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    LeiMai - Raging Tide Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    yeah I play in windowed mode so it doesn't minimize it just stops showing things in real time. its that 'pausing' that i dont want to happen. I want to work on the one screen and keep an eye on flying and chat in PWI.
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    oh, well from my experiences, it's not possible. But maybe someone else knows?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Pervs - Lost City
    Pervs - Lost City Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yeah theres a way but its not legal
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    kinda want that too. cos when FW out i guess i'll play that too.

so was gonna play 1 game pr monitor.. or tv on one and game on the other. dont want it to freeze lol
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Set and freeze 00A5C43C to 1

*hides*
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Set and freeze 00A5C43C to 1

*hides*

what. me dont understand b:surrender
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    what. me dont understand b:surrender

Thats the best I can give you...

its a memory register if you honestly dont know
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The game screen does freeze when in windowed mode while playing on dual monitors. We don't have a problem with it here in the office, but I can see what you mean about being able to see your chats and such.

You should have the game window in focus while playing, this helps prohibit players trying to automate anything in the game (IMHO).
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I've run dual-screen before with the client fullscreened on one monitor, but as my laptop had limited resources I really didn't try to do anything on the other screen while playing. I have often considered going dualscreen on my main system and it would be nice to have the client fullscreen and active on one monitor while able to perform tasks on the second.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • acaiphaelin
    acaiphaelin Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I have a system with three screens on it for photoshopping and what not. It would be very cool to be able to play pwi on two screens, one for the action and one full of buttons, stats, bars what have you. I know you can remove the HUD but there's no way I'm going to remember all the keys or what I had mounted where .
    Furthermore, I also support the idea that whenever you're on your second screen the pwi client shouldn't stop. I don't think pwi has multicore support but I'm not sure.
    I totally agree with SylenThunder, this should be possible. But as I said above, three screens would be even better, you could one for all the hotkeys and your inventory, your quest list etc etc....

Anybody know if this might be in the works for future versions?