So I quit 6 months ago, or thereabouts.

2»

Comments

• Parrabellum - Heavens Tear
    Parrabellum - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012

^
    perfect win meme b:laugh

also, no point in greeting ppl who quit, came back but still act like pwi is meh, they wont stay long and needs to be showered with "how pwi is great" words everytime to make them stay.

you want to play, then play.
    you want to quit, then quit.
    you just want to socialize in forum (bcause you have no friends to talk to outside pwi), then just do so.

if he's quitting (again) just by a few comments from a stranger, then, DUH.
    if he's quitting (again) not because of the comments but bcause of "whatever" and decided to play STO, then, DUH.
    >_>
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    lordhanzo wrote: »
    They wont come back they said....
    Game is broken they said...
    Game is dead they said...
    Other games are better they said...
    Ppl who still play this game are losers and hv no life they said...

But why they keep coming back?? :oh god why:

and +1 to what U_Sasuke wrote

Nostalgia. And fond memories. You'll understand these emotions a little when you pass adolescence.

And it doesn't take long looking around the forums that things have only gotten worse.

I'll stop by here for a few minutes maybe once a week if I remember.

Meh.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    <.< Sorry but I just can't believe that.
    FCC is probably the EASIEST squad to make, considering that 80-100 is probably the most populated bracket, and if you wanted to, you could probably FCC 24 hours a day with at least 3 people if you WC'd a couple times. Clerics and Barbs should have an easy time with this especially!! As everyone wants SOMEONE to pull stuff and to heal things.

If I wanted to (I don't want to, but if I did) I could have all my chars at 101 if I wanted to host FCC squads myself, let alone solo them and WC for help at the xp room for my chars who can't take the damage or have enough dd to do it themselves.

I don't actually understand the reason for this thread... you wanted to tell us that you quit and don't want to come back?
    Nobody cares b:surrender
    I'm not really sorry if I sound harsh, I'm annoyed by the "I quit but I'm back to flood forums with my useless comments and negativity" people who crawl out from under the rock they've been brooding under.

No one's just gunna drag your lazy *** through this n that to get you what you want. If you want something you need to put a little EFFORT into getting it.
  • Calamdor - Lost City
    Calamdor - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I played from 2008-2010
    I barely leveled during that time, I was just walking around trying to discover stuff. I quit the game from 2010-2012, and that was my biggest mistake.
    The best days of PWI were 2008-2010 when everyone wasnt r9 12+
    When I came back It was like I was playing a whole new game. I honestly dislike PWI right now, because the only way of becoming strong is to buy gold with real money. In order to afford epic gear, you have to do that. There are minor ways of making money ingame, but If you want to farm r9 without cashopping, It'll take a year or so..
    So yeah, PWI is now End-Game. If you're not level 100 with good gear, then you're not considered human, or atleast thats how it is on my server.
    Since you're 8x and you want to level,
    You should probably buy frosts until you're level 90, then you can find squads easily. Everyone buys frosts now cuz either they have a main thats 100, or they buy gold and get rich.
    Everything Ive said Is based on my server, I dont know about yours.
    My advice : Try finding a good guild and good friends, thats it.
  • lordhanzo
    lordhanzo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Nostalgia. And fond memories. You'll understand these emotions a little when you pass adolescence.

And it doesn't take long looking around the forums that things have only gotten worse.

Meh.

ok, bye again until you remember your "nostalgia pwi times" here b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • reeb2391
    reeb2391 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry;o
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Make a sin, it solves all your problems.
    R9 OP? Make a sin.
    Nirvana too hard? Make a sin.
    Can't find a squad? Make a sin.
    Wanna solo all your cultivations? Make a sin.
    Need money? You're on your own buddy.
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Need money? Make a catshop

Fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Meh.

This. When man spent 3+ years on game with friend and good memories, is hard to just leave and don't come back. I'm not playing anymore, but I still reading forum and checking what's new.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Make a sin, it solves all your problems.
    R9 OP? Make a sin.
    Nirvana too hard? Make a sin.
    Can't find a squad? Make a sin.
    Wanna solo all your cultivations? Make a sin.
    Need money? You're on your own buddy.

I really should advertise this in a commercial lol.

Got AIDS? <Make a sin
    Got crabs? <Make a sin
    Are you broke? <Make a sin
    Your wife left you? <Make a sin
    Online trolls? <Make a sin

The list goes on and on and on!!!b:victory

Edit:

Ran out of Enzyte? Make a sin!
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    One of the things that went wrong with this game is PWI trying to rush players to a position where they have to deal with and compete with top end players.

Rich players have always existed in PWI, when I first started this game there were most definitely players with +10 gear at the time. I didn't really care because I was questing and they didn't bother me. There were cash shoppers at my level too, people getting nice mounts and nice clothes and whatnot, but that didn't bother me as much, and I'm sure it didn't bother anyone else. Players questing and leveling are generally content because they are focused on the game play, not other players as much.

In addition, the process of leveling up allowed me to accumulate wealth. So by the time I was high level, I was able to obtain gear and stats appropriate for my level. I was also able to use my coin to buy gold and get myself started on trading Boutique items.

What started bothering people was when PWI introduced ways to make you level easier. Instead of introducing good low-mid level content so players can enjoy the game more and cash shop for things that looked nice, they tried to push more players to endgame level so they have to deal with the +10 people and endgame content much sooner. People get to lv 100 in a month and realize they get one shot by other players, of they get out DDed at events. PWI then releases endgame instances that are supposed to be for endgame players, and the people with 3k hp realize they can't complete them.

Now players hyper/BH themselves to lv 100, not having accumulated wealth, and they realize that unless they cash shop, or spend time to accumulate wealth, they cannot continue in the game. I mean even merchanting takes time right? This is where "OMG OP gear in cash shop killed the game" comes from. A lot of older players have farmed/merch their way to good gear...and lot of cash shoppers have bought their way to good gear. Then you have this group of people who did not have the time to farm/merch, and were not willing to spend the money to cash shop. They are extremely frustrated because they have to TW and PK against...people with more stuff. If these players were still lv 50 killing mobs with each other, they would probably not have to deal with any of this until a year or so later, by which time they would have had a year or so of accumulating wealth and would have been in a better position to face endgame content.

The *** thing now is, even if a new player were to want to just quest up and to simply play the game, the quest areas and towns are empty and there's pretty much no one to do any of that with.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    One of the things that went wrong with this game is PWI trying to rush players to a position where they have to deal with and compete with top end players.

Rich players have always existed in PWI, when I first started this game there were most definitely players with +10 gear at the time. I didn't really care because I was questing and they didn't bother me. There were cash shoppers at my level too, people getting nice mounts and nice clothes and whatnot, but that didn't bother me as much, and I'm sure it didn't bother anyone else. Players questing and leveling are generally content because they are focused on the game play, not other players as much.

In addition, the process of leveling up allowed me to accumulate wealth. So by the time I was high level, I was able to obtain gear and stats appropriate for my level. I was also able to use my coin to buy gold and get myself started on trading Boutique items.

What started bothering people was when PWI introduced ways to make you level easier. Instead of introducing good low-mid level content so players can enjoy the game more and cash shop for things that looked nice, they tried to push more players to endgame level so they have to deal with the +10 people and endgame content much sooner. People get to lv 100 in a month and realize they get one shot by other players, of they get out DDed at events. PWI then releases endgame instances that are supposed to be for endgame players, and the people with 3k hp realize they can't complete them.

Now players hyper/BH themselves to lv 100, not having accumulated wealth, and they realize that unless they cash shop, or spend time to accumulate wealth, they cannot continue in the game. I mean even merchanting takes time right? This is where "OMG OP gear in cash shop killed the game" comes from. A lot of older players have farmed/merch their way to good gear...and lot of cash shoppers have bought their way to good gear. Then you have this group of people who did not have the time to farm/merch, and were not willing to spend the money to cash shop. They are extremely frustrated because they have to TW and PK against...people with more stuff. If these players were still lv 50 killing mobs with each other, they would probably not have to deal with any of this until a year or so later, by which time they would have had a year or so of accumulating wealth and would have been in a better position to face endgame content.

The *** thing now is, even if a new player were to want to just quest up and to simply play the game, the quest areas and towns are empty and there's pretty much no one to do any of that with.

Back when the best gears were say, TT99, or even pack event gears, getting to endgame levels was somewhat acceptable. Spend $200-500, and be competitive. Expensive, yes, but well within the bounds of what some people pay for games. (think magic:the gathering)

But now...?

Getting decent shards, refines, and gear to pvp competitively now requires an investment of close to $3000.

How did other games solve this problem? They made it easier to obtain endgame gears over time as they released new gears for top end players that only took slightly more investment to get.

What does PWI do to solve the problem? They introduce higher tier gear that costs a staggering $3750, and also forces the top-end players to start over from scratch *after* they've spent this $3750.

It isn't too far now where R10 will actually cost > $5000, and PWI will think this is perfectly normal.

Am I going to play that new Neverwinter MMO from PWI? Nope. Neither will I play any other PWI game. They make fun games, but the knowledge that they demand HUGE, out of touch with reality investments scare me away from ever trying another PWI game again.

Edit : I realize they did throw a bone to lower-end players by giving them S3 nirvana, but chienkun stones in most cases will cost as much as refines + sharding from scratch, and in many cases more, even when bought during a sale. So It's essentially forcing them to start over, as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Yet, a lot of people have this "endgame gear" that you speak of. If it was so out of reach, then you would not have needed it to be competitive since most people would not have it. In most MMOs, both leveling and getting equipment takes time. As people level up, they obtain ingame wealth, such that when they are a certain level, they can expect to be able to interact with other characters of that level on a fairly even ground. People who reach lv 100 in a month is not supposed to be competitive against people who reached lv 100 years ago.

In this MMO, leveling is not taking time, and people expect the same with gear but that is simply not so (unless they CS). They can reach lv 100 with nothing.

It's touchy to make gear easier to obtain over time, because people who paid real money for it or farmed hard for it would be pissed off. Sales come and go anyway, but I wonder how many people would like it if R9 became 500 bucks permanently, or if Nirvana gear start costing 1/2 of the mats it needs now to make.

My point is simply that allowing players to level up so quickly is setting the game up to fail.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yet, a lot of people have this "endgame gear" that you speak of. If it was so out of reach, then you would not have needed it to be competitive since most people would not have it. In most MMOs, both leveling and getting equipment takes time. As people level up, they obtain ingame wealth, such that when they are a certain level, they can expect to be able to interact with other characters of that level on a fairly even ground. People who reach lv 100 in a month is not supposed to be competitive against people who reached lv 100 years ago.

In this MMO, leveling is not taking time, and people expect the same with gear but that is simply not so (unless they CS). They can reach lv 100 with nothing.

It's touchy to make gear easier to obtain over time, because people who paid real money for it or farmed hard for it would be pissed off. Sales come and go anyway, but I wonder how many people would like it if R9 became 500 bucks permanently, or if Nirvana gear start costing 1/2 of the mats it needs now to make.

My point is simply that allowing players to level up so quickly is setting the game up to fail.

Where are the players earning their money from? Farming low lvl DQ drops for 200 hours is lucky to net you 10 gold nowadays. To actually make any money you need to basically be lvl 100 to farm Nirvana and TT 3-x. The mindset of most MMO players nowadays is that leveling is the chore, and endgame where everyone is max lvl is where the game "really" starts. PWI is simply catering to that. R8 is a HUGE boost in money making potential compared to lvls 1-99. In many cases, the money they spent lvl'ing to 100 and getting the R8 is often the only real income PWI will get from these type of players.

The difference is that while games like WoW make obtaining top-tier gears easier over time (the top end bosses are predictably nerfed a couple months after release, and level caps are raised to allow casuals to farm former Molten core bosses), R9 has stayed at a relatively steep price level for a very long time. Many Nirvana bosses were actually buffed over time (Nirvana is much harder now than it was at release), and the number of "new" R9 players I see on my server is extremely low. The costs to refine to +10/+12 have actually raised since last Christmas, and player population has declined steeply even before the release of "pwi-killer" games like ***.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Yet, how many people proclaim to speed to 100 and find Nirvana squads? That's all a stupid lie, who's going to take these people? How long are they going to take in each Nirvana run? What are they going to do? Sell FCC with 3k hp? Grind DQ?

When everyone leveled up slower, at least lower level instance gear were in demand, at least people had time for their cat shop to do some work, at least people arrived at lv 100 fully geared. The most important point is, a vast majority of people did not care about having the best gear when they were lower levels. People had their nice molds and green/gold gear and that was all good.

You still have this mentality that people need to level fast and get stuff fast, when there wouldn't be a need for that if the game was more interesting at lower levels and if the game couldn't speed people to lv 100 in the first place. As it is now, there are few new players, because they speed to lv 100 and realize they can't do anything. They can't make this supposed money that lv 100 was supposed to promise them.
    edited September 2012

Absolutely agreed. Perfectly written. You should send this to Frankie. But the worse thing is, that they realize the problem, but they cannot do anything, because they are not developers, just renting the game. So they can just shut up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • patik1099
    patik1099 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    the rumors are true,,,devs are inbred. and so they need corrective surgery before theres a chance things will change.
    its still nice for ftp though,lots of low geared players in some of the guid that fights in tw.
    3 more years ftw
  • gokuderakun395
    gokuderakun395 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Absolutely agreed. Perfectly written. You should send this to Frankie. But the worse thing is, that they realize the problem, but they cannot do anything, because they are not developers, just renting the game. So they can just shut up.

And what can Frankie do? They come with anything but bugs even at PWI birthday. You can blame that they are only renting, but hey. They could do their job in events and playing with players
    edited September 2012
    And what can Frankie do? They come with anything but bugs even at PWI birthday. You can blame that they are only renting, but hey. They could do their job in events and playing with players

That's also true. They could. I think they have PWI management just as their part time job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Murcas - Sanctuary
    Murcas - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    T̷̡̛͉͚̟̪̝͔̮̮̣̍̐h̼͓̪̩ͧ̎͂̏͘i̦̫̬̒̏̍̑ͩs̨̮͙̖̠͖͖͍͋̅͌ͮͩ̑̄̓͟ͅͅ ̵͚̑ͧ̂̐ͦ́g̠̠̫̥͚͉͇͙̎̆̐̔ä̡̭̮ͥ͑̂̌ͪͬ̒̕͢m̧͇͎͚̲̣͓͗̓͗͑͒͟ȩ̷̜̯̦͉̎̒ͦ̂̓̒̿͡ ̨̛̗̤̦͓̔͒ͣ͘ͅĭ̮̣̯̰̙̪ͣ̄͒̊͟͞s̡̲̳͍̦̝̝̄̋̅͛ͭn̰͑ͥͭ'̛̫͙̩̘̦ͥ̊͝ͅṯ͓̞̖͇ͣ̈ͅ ̪̰̪̦͕̒ͮ͞d̦̞̤̻͊̀͡e̘͚̖̱͓͗ͮ̔̎a̵̮͙̬̲͍̟̥͗͛ͭͥ̓̽̕d̶̡̫͙̗̉!̖͕̼͚̒̔ͪ̂ͩͅ ̷̴̰̿ͯ̍ͣ̔͊͂

Just checking to see if Zalgo worked. Proceed on with your day, please...
  • soleida
    soleida Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Its all nice guys but I started to make a first toon. I level up to 70 hoping to do some teamplay in TT like in some BH. Sadly I never run it then with a team my level. So what the hell I level up to 80 hoping to get some fun in the end.........to find out i need to be at least lvl 85 if i wanted to join a FF run. Dont expect ppl to understand you are new to that kind of runs after all 95% its a sec toon running it. Now on this 2x event I have a hard time to get a group for FB69 last stand the stupid FB79. (never got why they let lvl 80 get these as BH). So i agree this game is boring for every one in the first lvl till 100. Because heck then you can solo TT and FF (sins for sure). The only question is are you going to be bored by the lack of fun and teamplay or you stick by it and try to lvl by grind and reflection..........
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    soleida wrote: »
    Its all nice guys but I started to make a first toon. I level up to 70 hoping to do some teamplay in TT like in some BH. Sadly I never run it then with a team my level. So what the hell I level up to 80 hoping to get some fun in the end.........to find out i need to be at least lvl 85 if i wanted to join a FF run. Dont expect ppl to understand you are new to that kind of runs after all 95% its a sec toon running it. Now on this 2x event I have a hard time to get a group for FB69 last stand the stupid FB79. (never got why they let lvl 80 get these as BH). So i agree this game is boring for every one in the first lvl till 100. Because heck then you can solo TT and FF (sins for sure). The only question is are you going to be bored by the lack of fun and teamplay or you stick by it and try to lvl by grind and reflection..........

For those who not play in "FF run" exist bh runs in pre-80+ levels.

For me it is interesting to play at levels 1-80 and very boring at levels 80+.

At 80+ all bhs are "at pay to enter" mode in most cases. Pay to skip bh mobs up to bosses.

Since moment when it become pay to play it is boring for me.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Waaaah!!! I am not getting FC squads for levels 80-90, I can't level QQQQQQQQQQQQ. So I quit because I fail without a squad so I might as well quit the game. QQQQQQ

Translated for you, I don't feel sorry for FC noobs, there's such thing called as grinding, you can hyper grind to 100... FC is not the only way to level. Please, if you truly quit the game over something that you are too fail to do anything on your own, then you should quit. This game is easy to get to 100 even without shortcuts IJS.
    and 0 **** was given that day....people being emotional over inter-web openly now days man... cuz they got no one to share how upset they are with. b:shutup

+1.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Translated for you, I don't feel sorry for FC noobs, there's such thing called as grinding, you can hyper grind to 100... FC is not the only way to level. Please, if you truly quit the game over something that you are too fail to do anything on your own, then you should quit. This game is easy to get to 100 even without shortcuts IJS..

Well, it's not like grinding teaches you much either.

I have a level 74 cleric that I've leveled mostly on hyper grinding and BH. Yet what do I know of a cleric? Plume -> Cyclone Macro with occasional IH and Purify.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well, it's not like grinding teaches you much either.

I have a level 74 cleric that I've leveled mostly on hyper grinding and BH. Yet what do I know of a cleric? Plume -> Cyclone Macro with occasional IH and Purify.

It's Yulk, Olba. Your post could be the most profound and masterfully crafted reply in the history of the internet, and he'll acknowledge it with all the grace and tact of a Youtube comment.

I just avoid replying directly to him. b:chuckle
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's Yulk, Olba. Your post could be the most profound and masterfully crafted reply in the history of the internet, and he'll acknowledge it with all the grace and tact of a Youtube comment.

Well actually, I don't find Justin Bieber to be homosexual nor his music to be that hideous. So I think I'm pretty YouTuber-safe.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.