Need advice for a new alt.

Fonyan - Heavens Tear
Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
I've been wanting a new alt for quite a while now, but I am completely torn between all the classes. Currently I have a mystic and assassin, both 100+, so levelling it is not really an issue. The problem is that I can't decide which class will be most useful to my current characters (on separate accounts). Yes, I did read the stickies, other threads, and looked up other stuff.

Right now, I have a seeker in her 60's, but I'm not sure if I like enough to continue. I also have a bm, wizard, psychic, archer, and cleric all above 50. Cleric is a definite no-no because I do not enjoy playing it. Psychic is a no too, I guess, as I've been told multiple times that w/o r9/g16 they suck. I've received mixed opinions from my friends and am reaaally lost now.

So, again, my question: what would be the most useful addition to my current characters? b:lipcurl
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
Post edited by Fonyan - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There is a unique solution to this problem, i present to you the Blade Master b:dirty.

BM+sin, easy to duo stuff.

BM+Mystic = OP mystic

Just get barb buffs from someone.

I am an archer b:avoid, so no bias in my statement.
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    archer for tw can use same armor as sin for starters
    bm as aasaf said duo with sin
    barb always good as support for all classes
    others idk depends what u want to do in pwi cos its a wide range
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    BM.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well depends on how easy a time you have dual clienting your toons successfully. A spark macro might be easy enough to pair the sin up with, but mystic is another story. BMs have a lot of skills and combos, same as mystic. DO you really want to juggle both of those? Think about what you want, what you enjoy, and which one you feel you can put on macro effectively and then pick based from that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Since your gonna pair your alt whit the mystic mostly, since you don't want a cleric, I'm guessing 1 of the tank class would do.

Bm for the dragon, could pair good whit your sin also.

Barb for his high HP and defense, not has good for DD, but still nice to have HP buff.

Seeker have awesome defense also, and set him in vortex, whit a mp charm, switch to mystic to play.

I would go whit seeker personally
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2012
    Thanks guys. :)

I don't think I will be dual clienting in complicated high level instances since it would affect my usefulness in the squad. For lower level instances such as frost, it shouldn't be an issue.

So I thought about it and couldn't decide between bm and seeker since I like these the most. Based on the suggestions, bm is an okayish choice and I will be definitely levelling that one. Plus it's HA, so might as well level a seeker to share gear with.

Thank you again, guys, made it much easier for me to make a choice ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:

• Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thanks guys. :)

I don't think I will be dual clienting in complicated high level instances since it would affect my usefulness in the squad. For lower level instances such as frost, it shouldn't be an issue.

So I thought about it and couldn't decide between bm and seeker since I like these the most. Based on the suggestions, bm is an okayish choice and I will be definitely levelling that one. Plus it's HA, so might as well level a seeker to share gear with.

Thank you again, guys, made it much easier for me to make a choice ^^

If your sin has bound aps gear (like TT99 belt/neck/boots/wrists) make a BM on same account. It would save you a ton of endgame gear via account stash. BM can be a mix of HA and LA.

A seeker, barb, or cleric would be the best option for a 2nd account. My barb does fairly well with G15 Morai gear, which is very cheap in comparison. G15 Morai gear would be good for a seeker as well. Just keep in mind it's for PvE only.

I'm currently working on a cleric for TT open/buff/rez McMuffins.
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Level a cleric so you can get buffs. Unfortunately, my cleric is on this account. :'(

Edit:
    Make a sin.
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2012
    My bm is already on my sin's account since stashing gear is definitely cheaper than buying a whole new set. x.x And yeah, G15 looks quite good for seekers especially since I never pvp or do tw.

@ last poster, I really don't think I can level another sin to endgame lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:

• TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah I think seeker will do nice in FC, it can pull the BR whit low cost gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've been wanting a new alt for quite a while now, but I am completely torn between all the classes. Currently I have a mystic and assassin, both 100+, so levelling it is not really an issue. The problem is that I can't decide which class will be most useful to my current characters (on separate accounts). Yes, I did read the stickies, other threads, and looked up other stuff.

Right now, I have a seeker in her 60's, but I'm not sure if I like enough to continue. I also have a bm, wizard, psychic, archer, and cleric all above 50. Cleric is a definite no-no because I do not enjoy playing it. Psychic is a no too, I guess, as I've been told multiple times that w/o r9/g16 they suck. I've received mixed opinions from my friends and am reaaally lost now.

So, again, my question: what would be the most useful addition to my current characters? b:lipcurl

Just get your ep up high enough for max buffs. :D

Give a Kitty a try.
    I made a barb just for buffs but found out how awesome they are.

At 76 (now 78) he was able to pull the whole big room (sans captains) hold them for 20 secs with turtle. aoe/smack then around/ Then run them around for 40 secs for cooldown then smack them around again. He was able to solo the whole big room at 76 with all mobs in all 10 groups at once! I'd like to see some other class try that at 76. Ha ha ha

Oh and he had ep buffs/his own/ and BP. No bm buffs or special pots other than a few chi/spark pots I used.

edit: Oh and his gear was all HH 70 +3 except weapon was +4. Neck peice was HH 70 gold +3; belt was eye of the jungle belt +3. and the ring were rank 5 and lvl 70 attendance ring both with no refines.
    I made him pure vit and at 78 he's got over 10K HP now (just barely) with lvl 10 Barb buff and in tiger form.
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2012
    Just get your ep up high enough for max buffs. :D

Give a Kitty a try.
    I made a barb just for buffs but found out how awesome they are.

At 76 (now 78) he was able to pull the whole big room (sans captains) hold them for 20 secs with turtle. aoe/smack then around/ Then run them around for 40 secs for cooldown then smack them around again. He was able to solo the whole big room at 76 with all mobs in all 10 groups at once! I'd like to see some other class try that at 76. Ha ha ha

Oh and he had ep buffs/his own/ and BP. No bm buffs or special pots other than a few chi/spark pots I used.

edit: Oh and his gear was all HH 70 +3 except weapon was +4. Neck peice was HH 70 gold +3; belt was eye of the jungle belt +3. and the ring were rank 5 and lvl 70 attendance ring both with no refines.
    I made him pure vit and at 78 he's got over 10K HP now (just barely) with lvl 10 Barb buff and in tiger form.

Let's just say that I already have a 100+ ep for boofs. b:quiet

Barbs are something I haven't tried yet, so I might level one just to see how it feels. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread: