Unbinding charms

Alondark - Heavens Tear
Alondark - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
Is it just me or does anyone else think they should make a unbinding charm the same as they have a binding charm. It would be cool even if it only worked on items that required binding charms and didnt work on items that auto bind upon being equipped, Would be amazing if they made one that would work on both though.....
Post edited by Alondark - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yep, it's just you.

Binding is something you do to prevent people from stealing your item. This includes getting ****.
    How effective do you think a binding would be if the hacker had unbound charms?
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Trickkster - Heavens Tear
    Trickkster - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yep, it's just you.

Binding is something you do to prevent people from stealing your item. This includes getting ****.
    How effective do you think a binding would be if the hacker had unbound charms?

This is brought up every single time by people and the solution is simple. Have an item that allows you to unbind items that auto-bind when equipped. The same item won't work on items that were bound using a binding charm.

Auto-bind is still one of the stupidest functions this game has, I can understand for Rank gear and quest gear but TT gear should not auto-bind without giving you the choice first .-.
  • Alondark - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2012
    Most people who get **** usually have done something that left themselfs exposed to being attacked in the 1st place.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This is brought up every single time by people and the solution is simple. Have an item that allows you to unbind items that auto-bind when equipped. The same item won't work on items that were bound using a binding charm.

Auto-bind is still one of the stupidest functions this game has, I can understand for Rank gear and quest gear but TT gear should not auto-bind without giving you the choice first .-.

Auto bind is the price you pay for good stuf that's cheap.
    TT nirvana and lunar nirvana are both equal, but TT nirvana is alot cheaper.
    The payback? It's bound, so you can't resell it.
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Is it just me or does anyone else think they should make a unbinding charm the same as they have a binding charm. It would be cool even if it only worked on items that required binding charms and didnt work on items that auto bind upon being equipped, Would be amazing if they made one that would work on both though.....

price will probably be 100 gold b:bye
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
    edited September 2012
    I would pay quite a bit for unbind charms :)
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Auto bind is the price you pay for good stuf that's cheap.
    TT nirvana and lunar nirvana are both equal, but TT nirvana is alot cheaper.
    The payback? It's bound, so you can't resell it.

This. If one would regret having to deal with Auto-bound gear, they should have taken the Lunar gear path.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I made a thred like this about a year ago, it got nowhereb:surrender
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I made a thred like this about a year ago, it got nowhereb:surrender

same place this one is going.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    into another +1 count of oblivion because millions of topics on this have been made but the cons severely outweigh the pros? :>
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • _Charlex - Harshlands
    _Charlex - Harshlands Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2012

agreed its annoying when people just hit you over and over just to see it tick lol but then again you can just run to safe zone..........then i wont be where the actions atb:surrender oh well is thats pk for ya b:shutup
  • Fate/Soul - Lost City
    Fate/Soul - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So the arguements against seem to be:

-**** accounts would be wiped clean.

Let me ask a question. How do people get ****?
    I honestly don't think this is a valid argument.
    edited September 2012
    So the arguements against seem to be:

-**** accounts would be wiped clean.

Let me ask a question. How do people get ****?
    I honestly don't think this is a valid argument.

no, the argument against is, you chose to get bound gear, knowing what you were choosing. just because you are now looking back with regret doesn't mean the people that are just fine with it and aren't making QQ posts either regret getting bound gear, or would like a way for their binding their own equipment to be any less effective then it was when they got it.

you got what you paid for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fate/Soul - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    no, the argument against is, you chose to get bound gear, knowing what you were choosing. just because you are now looking back with regret doesn't mean the people that are just fine with it and aren't making QQ posts either regret getting bound gear, or would like a way for their binding their own equipment to be any less effective then it was when they got it.

you got what you paid for.

An unbinding charm doesn't only habe the use for resell. For instance i have
    a wings of cloud charger on a character i dont wish to play and would rather
    it be on another toon. Having the option to move that would be nice.
    edited September 2012
    did you not read what i posted? i dont want the unbinding charms for auto bind gear i want them for gear we bind with binding charms such as tomes fly mounts stuff like that not TT gear which is to cheap to care about unbinding.....
  • wampirewoman
    wampirewoman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    1st of all think what effect un-binding charms will have on entire economy of the game

if people will have the option for example to unbind nirvana gear or tt99 ... what will happen to canny price? anyway it's low ... it will worth to run nirvana more ?
    what about gold mats prices? it will worth to run tt more ?

like this everyone will bind gear ... pvp without SL ... never drop a thing or use Guardian Scroll and when u change the piece just un-bind and sell and bind next one

and this are just 2 examples ...... too lazy to type more but i think u got the pointb:chuckle
    edited September 2012
    did you not read what i posted? i dont want the unbinding charms for auto bind gear i want them for gear we bind with binding charms such as tomes fly mounts stuff like that not TT gear which is to cheap to care about unbinding.....

which is even more to the point, you bound it yourself, knowing what would happen when you did, and in addition to the autobind stuff, it was completely your choice.

WOCC was at one time the best defensive cape, and is still a pretty close second. the trade off is you have to keep it. and you can use it on other characters, they just have to be on the same account, at least its better than rank gear. which is far more expensive and isnt even stash-able.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fate/Soul - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    which is even more to the point, you bound it yourself, knowing what would happen when you did, and in addition to the autobind stuff, it was completely your choice.

WOCC was at one time the best defensive cape, and is still a pretty close second. the trade off is you have to keep it. and you can use it on other characters, they just have to be on the same account, at least its better than rank gear. which is far more expensive and isnt even stash-able.

I honestly don't think there should be any autobinding
    However i do agree with bound items thats a choice more then
    it is for an autobind item.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Most people who get **** usually have done something that left themselfs exposed to being attacked in the 1st place.

Nothing else to say. 95% of the players share accounts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The argument that they should sell unbinding charms because "it doesn't matter if someone was ****, they exposed themselves to it in the first place," has got to be one of the worst reasons I have ever heard, ever.

That person that got ****? Yeah, they didn't say, "Oh please, oh please, rob me blind when you leave me! I WANT you to take my things."

But you? You bought that charm. You did say, "Oh please, oh please, PWI. Make it so my gear doesn't drop and isn't tradeable! I want to be able to PK in it without worries!"

Why should person 1 have to lose the reason to buy binding charms in the first place, because you and others like you made a decision you ended up regetting? A conscious choice you made knowing the consequences is a lot different than trusting the wrong person with your stuff because you thought you had a friend. Person 1 though at least knew they might get screwed over and was smart enough to bind their gear just in case.

As for auto-bind TT gear. Lunar is expensive, but tradeable. TT is cheap, but untradeable. Both are about equal in quality. Sounds perfectly fair to me. Once again you made the choice to go with TT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I wouldn't mind an unbinding option.

Of course the unbinding process would take 7 days, etc etc. Security reasons, yada yada...
    Anyway:

Having them bind on you only has 1 real effect: keeping the market price in check. Got yourself a Cloudcharger and would like to get rid of it because you got a S3 Nirvana cape? Too bad, someone will have to open a few hundred packs in order to get another one of those onto the market.

Someone equips a Matchless Wings cape? Gone from the market.
    Someone makes a TT Nirvana weapon? 100-250 Rapture Crystals gone from the market.

Having these things recirculate would probably bring prices down to a more acceptable level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cody__Tylor - Heavens Tear
    Cody__Tylor - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Unbinding charms are a great idea actually, but it should work the same way as you are when you're deleting your character, wait one week and another security reason, it would not really hurt in my opinion.

As well as the options to get shards back from equipment (with a fee) and to downgrade shards (runes are there but no one really uses this option because of that)
    This game is fail-proof unless you are dumber than a donkey. ...Too bad a lot of players fall into that exact category. ~maocchi

Level 81 HA/APS Fox, Level 75 VIT/defense tiger, Level 56 VIT/APS Seeker, Level 54 Dual sword BM, Level 36 assassin, Level 38 Archer, level 32 Priestess, level 41 Wizard on this account. HT~

LVL 24 Mystic~LC
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Comming soon, in pack near you.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/34594
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think they should be available, but only through an application type process for say TT Nirvy stuff in which case you have to prove a legitimate reason why you should be allowed to unbind it.

Edit: I WOULD like to point out that NOT all lunar vs TT is equal, and some weapons have "more favorable" ads on the TT versions.
    Current Gears
    pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I smell a huge market of used equipment if those ever were created and effective.

I still wonder about the in-game economy upon this move.
    Would gold rate go up because of such stones?
    What about the general equipment market suffering a price loss because such items would be recycled to other players?

Anyway, it seems PWE is not suffering at all in a revenues standpoint, between sales and the massive pack gambling, so they would not be desperate into possibly putting such a dangerous idea in store.

Verdict: Chances of it happening = Extremely unlikely, if not impossible at all.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
    edited September 2012

Someone equips a Matchless Wings cape? Gone from the market.
    Someone makes a TT Nirvana weapon? 100-250 Rapture Crystals gone from the market.

Having these things recirculate would probably bring prices down below an acceptable level.

fixed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    or a sticker type deal like I had for the stash:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1465751

Have it unbind for only so many transfers / time.
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    fixed

Well, many items have lost value over the years due to management decisions...

- Herbs and remedies (due to the yuanxiao you can buy with tokens);
    - DQ items (price nerfing);
    - Mounts (anniversary rewards -I still wonder how some mounts can still be sold for so many millions when you can get some FREE each year thanks to the event, not that I am complaining about having free ones... I don't use them anyway-), zen spending bonus and so on;
    - AC pets (anni gift -I am not very estatic about that new pet-) zen spending bonus and the lucid ones;
    - Lower level molds (Divine Order of the Light, Tideborn quest involving fb bosses);

Etc.

So again, the in-game economy has lost all logic. If you feel like you can earn money easily in PWI, do it fast before everything becomes too common/nerfed because of crazy ideas from the higher-ups. b:surrender
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Xinnz - Heavens Tear
    Xinnz - Heavens Tear Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ben, you need to change your siggy hehehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwcalc.com/ea8859329e47bb43
    456 fashion items and counting
    #1 Adversity - tinyurl.com/Xinversity b:thanks
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    here's the deal everyone, the gms have said time after time that they wont put this sort of item into the game cause it runs contrary to the purpose of binding charms. if ya guys want an answer here it is. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1215701&highlight=unbinding+charm
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64