Unbound Stone sold in Boutique...refresher convo

Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Suggestion Box
The boutiques new item should be an Unbinding Stone. The cost would be fairly pricey, cuz then you would have everyone unbinding items. Lets say, 35 gold. The item would be unbound and tradeable. Once traded, it would become bound again to the next toon, forcing them to also have to buy an Unbinding stone if they want to sell/trade it. This rebinding to the new toon, would include account stashing to another toon. Unusable, unless all requirements for the item are met, example: dex, strength, mag, vit, lvl, rep. Once the requirements are met, that toon would be able to use the item. items like 1st cast Eye of the Jungle would be tradeable and wearable, as long as lvl and stat requirements are met. Of course, items like that, may not be worth spending 35 gold on, to each his own. Items like Nirvi, R9 would be worth spending on, making tradeable, but bound to the individual, unless all requirments are met. I'm sure this has been a discussion for years, just thought I would refresh the subject, and throw in some of my ideas on how it would be used.

Some people would be willing to pay the price for an item like that, some won't. Would be nice. Just sayin.
R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
Post edited by Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2012
    By the way, I know it's been talked about a million times and it's been answered by the GM's, but, it's always a fun subject to talk about. Also, as far are items that are unbinded, being dropped in PK, that should be the individuals resposability to make sure it's not dropable. As I said, if it's unbinded and transfered, it will be perma bound to that next toon, unless they buy a unbinding stone themselves. If you are in PK mode, and unbind an item, it should be your resposability to place that item in the bank for safe keeping until you want to sell/account stash/auction it. Also, my suggestion would be, don't unbind the item, until you are ready to transfer the item if you are in PK mode. Especially since buying an unbinding stone would put an item at risk. Many people would love to have a stone like this. I have R8 gear that I can't do anything with now that I have R9.
  • star0
    star0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    that would be awesome to get!
    edited September 2012
    I mean I understand the reason for a binding scroll to make items that are unbound..bound. But there should also be an unbinding stone/scroll, that make a binded item unbound. It would be priced similar to the 10* orbs and MOG's 35 gold ea or 4 for 120 gold. Very pricey, but worth it for some individuals that have items they would like to unbind and get rid of. Of course this would be another huge money maker for PWI. Imagine the potential. Imagine how the gameplay would change. Think about the extra money that could be made from aftershocks of an item transfer, being you still have to meet the items requirements to use it. A lvl 50 toon buys a R9 wep, or peice of gear. They still have to rep up to 300k, get the requirements in order. Fun Fun Fun
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I say no.

At lower levels, the autobind gear tends to be better than the ones that don't.
    At endgame, the autobind would be TT Nirvana. Well, that stuff is easier and cheaper to get than Lunar, so the autobind can be considered a price for that.

I don't see any reason why someone should be able to unbind autobinding stuff and then sell it off once they're done with it. That defeats the whole purpose. There's very few pieces of autobinding gear that people are willing to actually replace. For Archers barbs, Nirvana leggings and TT99 wrists would be replaced with R9; for Barbs and BMs, G15 Nirvana dual axe would be replaced with R9 weaponry; For Assassins, G13 Nirvana dagger would be replaced with G15, G16 or R9.

And let's be honest, endgame gear like Nirvana should never, ever, be allowed to be just a stepping stone to even better gear. That's just wrong. And besides, if that's something you might someday do, you quite often have other options. The only case where an unbound alternative does not exist would be TT99s when used for the -0.05 set bonus and G13 Nirvana Daggers.

The binding system is good. It creates variety. If you could just unbind at will, you would never see any 100+ sin who used R8, as everyone would be using Barrier Thorn: Nirvana and selling them off when they get G15, G16 or R9. Similarly, you would never see any 100+ using Wheel of Warfog: Vanisher, they would just use Calamities if they wanted the zerk, then upgrading to Lunar G15 or R9.

And you have to realize that some gear, such as rank items, aren't just "bound". There is no chance at all to trade them at any point. And that's how it should be. And really, if you think PWE is ever going to make rank items tradeable, you're insane.

And as I already said, Nirvana has a bound and unbound alternative. The choice is yours.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • ZackMystic - Harshlands
    ZackMystic - Harshlands Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Would suck if you were gone for like a week and a hacker unbinds your stuff and takes them :|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Retired in March 2012, thx DarkNova for the fun.
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her
    edited September 2012
    Items like matchless wings is a perfect example of an item that is great when used, but bound and some would like to sell it instead of keeping it. I for one kept mine and bound it to me. But at some point I may say, damn if only I can sell my matchless wings for something else im interested in.
    edited September 2012
    I appreciate your response. You made some good points
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    or a sticker type deal like I had for the stash:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1465751

Have it unbind for only so many transfers / time.
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Angels Online has it like the way I mentioned by the way. (Even have an item mall item to reset that counter iirc.) After 3 trades, the item becomes bound again.
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,880 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Agree with this item and suprised this has not been taken advantage of items could rebind when reattached as well....

I did hear roumers of a AH that could sell only this type of item...