BM's Useless when it comes to APS?

Niteshadows - Harshlands
Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Arigora Colosseum
Alright, it's been only been about 2 weeks since I have gotten my Sin's gear (R8 plus TT~missing cape and helmet). My Bm is 4 aps sparked, and my Sin is 2.86 aps sparked. My Bm has Deicide, and my Sin has R8 daggers. When I hit a boss with both of them attacking my sin r4pes aggro away from my bm. Where's the balance? b:shocked

Edit:
My Sin's crit rate is 35%, and 75% with Power Dash!

My Bm's crit rate is 17%, and 32% with Dragon Bane!
Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Niteshadows - Harshlands on

Comments

• WhatKnives - Heavens Tear
    WhatKnives - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    For a long time my sin was 4.0 with R8 dags. I had them +10 with two +40 shards for a long time. In nirvana i was in a squad with a sin that had nirv dags +12 with 2 +50 shards. And every single time I pulled agro. The simple thing is crit hits.
  • Angelstealth - Harshlands
    Angelstealth - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Blademasters aren't quite useless for they have Heaven's Flame.
  • _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear
    _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    no not really, a bm's main weapon when it has **** refine and damage in terms of aps is HF. every squad almost always want a HF. therefore making a bm (at leasy at low-med lvl) needed more than sin. at higher lvl squads wants sins for nirvy ofc, but i would actually prefer 1 bm 1 sin +1 random in 4man squad than 2 sin+1 random. b:bye

my point is, i think sin and bm both balances each other since sin's damage is best when used together with bm's hf, whereas what's the point of bm hf-ing, when there's no one that can input the damage while the debuff is applied? b:chuckle
    100% zhen-free since jan 2009 b:cool
    Living proof that Pay2Win is a load of ****

My job is to make things go [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleased
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Make a sin b:victory

kill yourself on BH/soulburn/bramble. have 0 mdef get 1 shot by clerics. think occult ice is a necessary part of sin 'stun' lock. complain when players anti stun badge jump fly or do anything besides stand still and get hit by auto attack. say wiz is op because they keep anti stunning and teleporting wen you auto attack. stealth and stand in the same spot get knocked out by aoes. consider windhshield to be a sin skill. 'discover' that 3 spark wolfemblem teleport stun occult is pro. continue to auto attack when players expel. complain that expel is 'hax'. get mysteriously sealed for 9 seconds and killed by any mag class. state that stealth is legit sin "skill" then complain when higher level sins kill you from stealth. /end
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    thread regarding pve is posted under pvp pondering section, whats wrong with people?
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    APS BM is standard for profit nowadays. We do NOT have as much critical damage nor base damage as a assassin but we have HF debuff, much stronger then sins subsea.

BM's advantage:

-Better survival
    -Accepted(and desired) everywhere, Specially Nirvana
    -Epic heavy duty AOE's
    -Cheaper

Disadvantages:

-Magic mobs hurt more, can't hold runner mobs down as easily as assassins.

Sin's Advantage:

-Higher damage/higher crit rate
    -Stealth farmer, can avoid mobs easily

Disadvantages:

-Squishier, needs higher refines/Pdef ornaments to survive better
    -Don't get accepted half the time into squads, too many assassins
    -Bad at AOE's
  • qz8
    qz8 Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Alright, it's been only been about 2 weeks since I have gotten my Sin's gear (R8 plus TT~missing cape and helmet). My Bm is 4 aps sparked, and my Sin is 2.86 aps sparked. My Bm has Deicide, and my Sin has R8 daggers. When I hit a boss with both of them attacking my sin r4pes aggro away from my bm. Where's the balance? b:shocked

Edit:
    My Sin's crit rate is 35%, and 75% with Power Dash!

My Bm's crit rate is 17%, and 32% with Dragon Bane!

well to answer your question, r8 dags are just plain stronger. the p atk as well as the max atk adds just boost your dph far beyond what a deicide would. Remember, you can have high aps with a weak weapon and still be out-dded by a lower aps with a stronger wep. Now I think if you compared a bm and sin with equal aps and r8 fists vs r8 dags, you would see a difference (though I still think the sin will outdd b:shocked )