Territory Wars Map Reset on 9/11/2012!

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
Hey all,

It's confirmed, we'll be resetting the TW Map come next Tuesday [9/11] during maintenance.

So make this last TW weekend a special one!

Also, we've got 2x Drops/EXP/Spirit turned on, and plenty more festivities to come on Monday, so be sure to swing on by next week!

b:bye
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Can i QQ on something random? b:angry
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • _Charlex - Harshlands
    _Charlex - Harshlands Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    nice.............i need to lvl to join thob:shocked

3year anniversary gift FTW
  • SuckysuckyQQ - Lost City
    SuckysuckyQQ - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I saved tons of DQ's thinking you's would do a 2x DQ event, apperently not, guess you can only cashshop for those event cards, now pffffffffffffffffffffb:angry
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I saved tons of DQ's thinking you's would do a 2x DQ event, apperently not, guess you can only cashshop for those event cards, now pffffffffffffffffffffb:angry

I think he mentioned in another thread they will turn on other 2x promotions on Monday.
    I also have a modest DQ stash that I've been waiting to NPC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • calmincense
    calmincense Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Mr FrankieRay,

There are some factions receiving refunds and some aren't. Can you shed some light on the status of the refund feature to this point and why some of us are not receiving refunds? Is there some additional process that a faction leader needs to complete to receive the refund?

thank you
    seeler
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Mr FrankieRay,

There are some factions receiving refunds and some aren't. Can you shed some light on the status of the refund feature to this point and why some of us are not receiving refunds? Is there some additional process that a faction leader needs to complete to receive the refund?

thank you
    seeler

Seeler,

Please have your faction leader submit a ticket to customer service. Our GM team will investigate the issue and work to solve it.
  • Clokey - Harshlands
    Clokey - Harshlands Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    how long is this x2?
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    b:thanks

Will next weeks' TW bids still be in Big Note steps ? Also, are tower prices going to stay the same or possibly drop down a bit in the future ?

• MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hey all,

It's confirmed, we'll be resetting the TW Map come next Tuesday [9/11] during maintenance.

So make this last TW weekend a special one!

Also, we've got 2x Drops/EXP/Spirit turned on, and plenty more festivities to come on Monday, so be sure to swing on by next week!

When will season winners fully be announced and awards announced?
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well that took long enough.
    Better than nothing I gues
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Cool, thanks frankie.

Can you PM me regarding a potential Moderator position? I would love to offer my free time to the betterment of this community.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • FishontheRun - Harshlands
    FishontheRun - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    When will season winners fully be announced and awards announced?

The actual season ended a few weeks ago. They just never released the winners for each server, if they haven't taken the results my faction who was 2nd at the time should of been taken isn't anymore. Not like 2nd really matters tho only the first place Faction gets any prizes. According to the post they did back in like Feb.
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yay for map reset but quick question will the Mog's and chips still be in the shop after reset?
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    *Crosses fingers for server merge following map reset*
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • hannah198
    hannah198 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012

You have more chance of them sending r9 to every FTP player on all servers saying thankyou for their support. b:chuckle
  • Yannoa - Dreamweaver
    Yannoa - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I don't think I would enjoy having a number put into the character names I have that are taken in other servers. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I don't think I would enjoy having a number put into the character names I have that are taken in other servers. b:surrender

Server tag works
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Aroral - Sanctuary
    Aroral - Sanctuary Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm probably the only one who thinks maybe you could have picked a different date to do this.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Divedevil - Harshlands
    Divedevil - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Gratulation !!
    WOW after last reset world map was full of bidders look at it now !! Map is half empty, is this way how you help small factions ??
    Job well done to get rid-off low levels factions !!
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It appears that we are still bidding with Big Notes; and, hopefully, going to get 90% refunds until they can get it fixed. And, yes, the costs will make it difficult for the smaller or poorer factions to bid on lands. We didn't really have any indication of staying at 10 million coin steps or getting a lower bid before this map reset. I'd guess most folks didn't have 10~30 million coins to bid without knowing the details.

I suspect that PWI is still doing the refunds manually, so that can run 3~ 4 weeks of that 90% of bid amount coming back. How many factions can put out 100 million coins or more for a month + and still make competitive bids? Maybe they can get the bid refunds down to 2 weeks or less to help with cash flow and more will get involved.

The "new" cost of towers hasn't dropped yet either. Towers are 500k coins each with 16 towers per side. That's up to 8 million coins for just the towers per TW. That doesn't encourage the smaller factions to get involved. This is about doubling the cost of a faction to TW. b:surrender

• Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I suspect that PWI is still doing the refunds manually, so that can run 3~ 4 weeks of that 90% of bid amount coming back. How many factions can put out 100 million coins or more for a month + and still make competitive bids? Maybe they can get the bid refunds down to 2 weeks or less to help with cash flow and more will get involved.

The "new" cost of towers hasn't dropped yet either. Towers are 500k coins each with 16 towers per side. That's up to 8 million coins for just the towers per TW. That doesn't encourage the smaller factions to get involved. This is about doubling the cost of a faction to TW. b:surrender

This.

Whatever good intentions PWE had of increasing participation in TWs by way of reducing the ability of major factions to control the map (3 way ganks increased to 7 way, towers made more powerful to discourage "crystal walks", etc)... has been totally neutered by their overriding profit instinct.

As pointed out... due to the increased tower costs plus the necessity of having available 10 million dollar notes up front to bid... the small factions we saw taking part for the first time in the previous reset have virtually all declined to do so the second time round.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    As I've said before, if you can't afford the bid price, you have no business being in TW. Moreover, any small faction that can afford a base can afford TW and ought not to be complaining.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray