Mark as Spam

VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a button to mark posts as spam. If enough people vote it down as spam, it would be hidden from the forums for GMs to review. I doubt this particular forum is capable of it. But still, it'd be nice. Instead of relying only on like one mod. :P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
Pusillanimous:
1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
Post edited by VenusArmani - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2012
    Heck, it's be nice if they just gave some trustworthy forum regulars a temporary spam hammer. One abuse=banned from forums. They wouldn't even have to make them regular mods, or allow them to do any other modding. Just anti spam until they can fix the site.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Anti-spam bump
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • LadyGreyLace - Dreamweaver
    LadyGreyLace - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yay Venus....b:thanks

Bump to Anti-Spam
  • psumiku
    psumiku Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    vBulletin, the forum software that PWE uses, has a built-in Report Post feature. It's been disabled for quite some time due to unknown reasons. They should re-enable it.
  • crystalpink
    edited September 2012
    Breaking-wall-of-spam bump
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    psumiku wrote: »
    vBulletin, the forum software that PWE uses, has a built-in Report Post feature. It's been disabled for quite some time due to unknown reasons. They should re-enable it.

To be honest, it's probably because it's broken on most browsers. As of right now, the only browsers that use this site efficiently are Firefox and Chrome, and who knows when that'll change.b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • _Charlex - Harshlands
    _Charlex - Harshlands Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    bump cus of spamb:bye
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    another anti spam bump
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Wouldn't it be nice if there was a button to mark posts as spam. If enough people vote it down as spam, it would be hidden from the forums for GMs to review. I doubt this particular forum is capable of it. But still, it'd be nice. Instead of relying only on like one mod. :P

Such a nice addition.

Hopefully it wouldn't get abused into like saying making certain *cough* qq goonz *cough* threads disappear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Yannoa - Dreamweaver
    Yannoa - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    *waves to Venus* I miss you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hiding them from your own sight, agreed.

Hiding them from everyone when they get enough reports, hell no. That's a little too sensitive for abuse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • psumiku
    edited September 2012
    To be honest, it's probably because it's broken on most browsers. As of right now, the only browsers that use this site efficiently are Firefox and Chrome, and who knows when that'll change.b:shutup

It's actually just a link, there's no javaScript / DHTML involved, so there would be no reason it wouldn't work on all browsers. vBulletin's report button has been around since before Chrome existed, and worked fine on Midori and Safari, they both use Webkit, like Chrome.

Only reason I could see them not re-enabling it, is because the "Moderators" aren't moderators on the forum, and thus it would not do any good. (By default, there's a 60 second wait time on reporting posts.)
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Anti-spam bump x_x

And yeah, your idea would be really great Venus, but some ppl could abuse this function to annoy some ppl they don't like with no good reasons. But if the amount of "spam votes" is high enough (but not too much...) it could work for the real spam bots.
  • psumiku
    edited September 2012
    Anti-spam bump x_x

And yeah, your idea would be really great Venus, but some ppl could abuse this function to annoy some ppl they don't like with no good reasons. But if the amount of "spam votes" is high enough (but not too much...) it could work for the real spam bots.

Again, that's why there's a built-in report button for vBulletin. Requires actual forum mods to work though.
    edited September 2012
    Hiding them from your own sight, agreed.

Hiding them from everyone when they get enough reports, hell no. That's a little too sensitive for abuse.

Well it would just be for GM review not deleted. It's open to abuse but I think it's better than the alternative.

Anti-spam bump x_x

Well the spam vote would have to be pretty high and of course moderators/gms would have to be able to review and the post would be unflagged and unable to flagged in the future. It was just an idea I had while spam bumping for a while. But the bots were en masse so there wasn't much I could do. Even I couldn't use the forums properly with that many.....

*waves to Venus* I miss you!

I've given the DW server a break for a while. b:surrender Miss you guys and others too though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Anti-spam bump. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2012

I'd love this. We're actually looking to upgrade our forum in the near future, and some new anti-spam measures would be much-appreciated to be sure.
  • psumiku
    edited September 2012
    I'd love this. We're actually looking to upgrade our forum in the near future, and some new anti-spam measures would be much-appreciated to be sure.

vBulletin 4? (And seriously restrictive license / expensive upgrades?) Or phpBB3? (Open-Source, free?)
  • MECHserac - Lost City
    MECHserac - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    frankie stop replying useless posts, and do an official announcement about anniversary and 2x at least saying how long it will last its not hard...
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    frankie stop replying useless posts, and do an official announcement about anniversary and 2x at least saying how long it will last its not hard...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akAj-TWUq0E&feature=player_detailpage#t=13s

i kid. b:pleased
  • MECHserac - Lost City
    MECHserac - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    edited September 2012

Good to know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • crystalpink
    edited September 2012
    Anti-spam bump
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )

• Belewein - Sanctuary
    Belewein - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Anti Spam Bump
  • crystalpink
    edited September 2012
    Bump to break the spam wall
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )

• Nihiilia - Archosaur
    Nihiilia - Archosaur Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Right now.. I'd buy it for rl money >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Awesome sig made by Xainou

-Swedish, so my spelling and grammar is probably kind of worthless, sorry b:embarrass-
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    looking forward to the forum update mentioned by Frankie, just hope it's gonna be sooner rather than later ;)
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • Yannoa - Dreamweaver
    Yannoa - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    And a post reporting button, right?

We need one of those. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]