Is it a good idea to have 3 weapons for BM

shadowspark2000
shadowspark2000 Posts: 25 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Blademaster
Is it a good idea to use three weapons for a BM or only 2 because i cant decide between axe with blades or axe with fists

I like in general swords and blades lol
Post edited by shadowspark2000 on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I carry good axes and fists as my main weapons and a sword/pole for the 59 skills whenever I need them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Xoger - Raging Tide
    Xoger - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    For me its the same as Xainou.

Axes and fists are the primary weapons. Axes for AOE, stuns and HF and fists for 1vs1 and bosses.

Swords and poles I use them in certain situation and the 59 skillsbut dont rely on them for damage.
    Server Raging Tide:
    Regox - 100 sage barb
    Xoger - 100 demon BM
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I like in general swords and blades lol

Mebbe you shoulda rolled seeker if you liked swords and blades b:surrender

I can live with an axe/fist bm with a pole thrown in for Glacial spike

edit: sorry just really had an irritating experience with an ''all sword bm'' on my last 79 run. We coulda shredded the boss faster if the bm even has **** axes just for hf
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Erm BM= 4 weapon path class lol so yeh you can use 3 weapons if u like currently axe/fists will be your main weapons as swords are situational or solo play, same goes for if u decide u like pole's also
    Plus if you decide to later on have a go at seeker making swords now will mean u have full gear sorted out for it

edit: any1 who tells you just use axe and fists btw is kinda missing the point of a class thats set up for all 4 and hasn't read the proposed skill updates that will eventually get here ;D
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I use 6~7 weapons. Axe, sword, pole, clawsx2 (sometimes you forget to repair, helps you save the situation), bow. There is no good or bad for carrying weapons. Before i got my current stash i only had one, my axe. I added my annihilator souls, that made it two. I reached fcc, added bow. Most of the side items like, sword, bow, extra claw are quest rewards or low ranking stuff. Just play with what you are comfortable with, but do have axes for hf. HF is there to take down bosses quicker. The longer a boss stays alive that is dangerous, higher the chance of squad wipes.
  • shadowspark2000
    edited September 2012
    ok thnx guys b:pleased
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Have fun getting +9~10 and sharding all your weapons
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Basically if you go with the axe-fist combo you will be able to use any weapon. See, if you have enough dexterity to use fists you have enough dexterity to use swords, poleblades, and axes. If you have enough strength for axes, you have enough strength for swords, poles, and axes. It's hard to go wrong with the axe/fist build unless you have a horrible playstyle.

And as for sharding and refining the weapons, your swords will mainly be used to debuff and maybe ranged skill every once in a blue moon, and typically poleblades are used to purge with the procs, so for the most part, higher refines and shards aren't important. Even all weapon BMs will admit they have a certain type they would put more money into because they use it the most. For me, that was axes.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • oscar010
    oscar010 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    A proper Bm requires 4 weapons. axes, fist/claw, Pole, swords.
    Axes and Claws are main weapons , pole and swords are needed for other vital skillz.
  • shadowspark2000
    edited September 2012
    So I should go probably go for axe/fists for main and sword/pole for solo situations
    thnx
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So I should go probably go for axe/fists for main and sword/pole for solo situations
    thnx

Sword = mss = aoe = save the squishy butts when bb is not around

Pole = gs = aoe = higher damage, especially if coupled with hf.

Sword, pole, axe, fist/claw are for both situations, solo and group. Take your time learning them, i still have issues to get the timing right on my push back skills in delta (and the bazillion others skills we have b:angry). Everyone in squad is going jabber jabber, while i am mashing my keyboard trying to dd away b:cry. Still don't see how people talk in delta.

My sword and pole are at 0 refine, and not sharded, i use elemental shards in them for fun and to see things, because i don't use those two weapons for damage, i use them for their skills. You can even get lvl 1 pole and sword, and still be just as awesome, if not using them for damage.

Axe and claw/fist, should get refined when you have the resources. My bm is lazy, even if i get the money, i don't refine the gear, simply because bm does fine as is, so i don't see any points in wasting it on refines. Now where are me packs b:dirty.