grind bots

Surekill - Heavens Tear
Surekill - Heavens Tear Posts: 70 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
i notice a ton of grind bot in game what will the dev's do about them make it hard for ppl like me who is free to play hard to make money because of the influx of bot to the game b:angry i mean realy do something about the bots, its cheating.
my join date is off by 2 yearsb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
Post edited by Surekill - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i notice a ton of grind bot in game what will the dev's do about them make it hard for ppl like me who is free to play hard to make money because of the influx of bot to the game b:angry i mean realy do something about the bots, its cheating.

3 easy steps.

1. Download and install some recording program. Xfire / gamecam / fraps / etc work

2. Record the Bot in action and try to talk to it to prove they are a bot.

3. Submit a ticket with the video evidence. (You may have to put on youtube with a HIDDEN link. Which I had to do for a few exploitation reports) Watch them no longer log on if they are indeed a bot.

Edit: Change your sig as your join date is your forum date not your ingame join date. That people can see in core connect by "first quest completed". And that issue is being resolved already.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Surekill - Heavens Tear
    Surekill - Heavens Tear Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    and fix the damn forum my avatar keep going missing
    my join date is off by 2 yearsb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • FayHumming - Dreamweaver
    FayHumming - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    3 easy steps.

1. Download and install some recording program. Xfire / gamecam / fraps / etc work

2. Record the Bot in action and try to talk to it to prove they are a bot.

3. Submit a ticket with the video evidence. (You may have to put on youtube with a HIDDEN link. Which I had to do for a few exploitation reports) Watch them no longer log on if they are indeed a bot.

Edit: Change your sig as your join date is your forum date not your ingame join date. That people can see in core connect by "first quest completed". And that issue is being resolved already.

b:chuckle You think that going stop botter. only 1 or 2 week banned. b:laugh Without botter, gold price increase like crazy... b:bye dark side alway win
    the survival of the fittest

-Thx all suport sell me SoW for 5M b:thanks tome/ring
    !!!SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Without botter, gold price increase like crazy...

Elaborate? Botters farm coins, not gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear
    _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    b:chuckle You think that going stop botter. only 1 or 2 week banned. b:laugh Without botter, gold price increase like crazy... b:bye dark side alway win

i don't see any connection from grind bots to gold prices b:bye i've never heard of a mob that drop golds when you kill em b:laugh
    100% zhen-free since jan 2009 b:cool
    Living proof that Pay2Win is a load of ****

My job is to make things go [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleased
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    No, but you can buy the gold in AH like crazy with THOSE 'coins' the mobs drop. Which is basically a free gold/coins because it was a auto-bot doing your job while you were on the inter-web watching **** and sleeping and eating....well u got the idea
    edited September 2012
    I read that as. Without botters the prices will rise and botters keep it lower....
    No, but you can buy the gold in AH like crazy with THOSE 'coins' the mobs drop. Which is basically a free gold/coins because it was a auto-bot doing your job while you were on the inter-web watching **** and sleeping and eating....well u got the idea

yet if these botters are buying the gold wouldn't gold go UP in price not down?

I feel confused now. Or you misread what he said.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    I read that as. Without botters the prices will rise and botters keep it lower....

yet if these botters are buying the gold wouldn't gold go UP in price not down?

I feel confused now. Or you misread what he said.

down, because they don't care if the gold price is too HIGH they still buy it making it lower? heck idk, i was replying to those idiots who said how can bot-grinding gets you GOLD
    edited September 2012
    down, because they don't care if the gold price is too HIGH they still buy it making it lower? heck idk, i was replying to those idiots who said how can bot-grinding gets you GOLD

More botters = more coins into the economy = higher gold prices.

But that's only if there is botting in mass numbers. The 1 mil/hour just a handful of people make from botting DQ's isn't really going to affect anything.

If mobs somehow dropped gold, then it would be the other way around. So thanks for calling me an idiot, idiot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    More botters = more coins into the economy = higher gold prices.

But that's only if there is botting in mass numbers. The 1 mil/hour just a handful of people make from botting DQ's isn't really going to affect anything.

If mobs somehow dropped gold, then it would be the other way around. So thanks for calling me an idiot, idiot.

Lets see:

Open my bot program, open 10 clients to auto-bot on, 10 mil / hr = 24 mil / day?. So thanks for not thinking way beyond normal thinking idiot.
    edited September 2012
    Lets see:

Open my bot program, open 10 clients to auto-bot on, 10 mil / hr = 24 mil / day?. So thanks for not thinking way beyond normal thinking idiot.

You're still increasing the gold prices not lowering it.

You pay the higher price because you don't care making sellers go... oh well if so and so bought it for this much ill sell it for this much and it keeps going up which it's not.

At least try to put some thoughts into your posts please.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    You're still increasing the gold prices not lowering it.

You pay the higher price because you don't care making sellers go... oh well if so and so bought it for this much ill sell it for this much and it keeps going up which it's not.

At least try to put some thoughts into your posts please.

And at least try to read others post before you bash, i did said i don't know about increase or decrease in gold precisely, i was replying to those who said 'how can you make 'GOLD' from grinding on 'MOBS'. losers now days man
    edited September 2012
    And at least try to read others post before you bash, i did said i don't know about increase or decrease in gold precisely, i was replying to those who said 'how can you make 'GOLD' from grinding on 'MOBS'. losers now days man

Alright let me make it clear for you then. Even if you were to bot 10 clients in 24 hours and get 24mil a day. That's less then 18 gold a day. That won't even dent the gold prices. Where in actuality there's maybe 3-4 actual bots and they aren't even farming in the good spots for DQ so MAYBE getting about 7mil a day worth of botting which is 5 gold a day. There's no way it can affect gold prices negatively or positively. And it would only affect it negatively anyways. Which goes against what the Wizard said.

That's what they were saying. Is how can it impact gold? Make sense now?
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

edited September 2012
    Lets see:

That's what I said, when it's done in mass amounts. I don't see that many bots around at all.

So thanks for reading.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    math is a bit wrong, thats 240m coins a day per botter if they are running 10 bots and they are in the 90's range to get 1m best guess an hr. 1m an hour is not hard to do seeing there are also the coins that drop and items as well. Just looking around the web at what some of these bots can do, its pretty crazy. these progams can even fly to a npc sell the items then fly back and continue on lol. Now say they bot for just a week thats 1.6b in coins they can use to merchant on and never bot again. botting is more profitable than most people want to believe.

what i think is crazy is they allow botting with a builtin bot on jade dynasty but here it is a big no no, i would not be suprised if a built in bot is made for pwi as well
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    hey go tell me who is botting over pool of abominations in hell..person been there for days..go ..go now!Killing air mobs for like almost a week..prob more,but i have a week of observing on this person lol.

HT server!
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    As far as i can see they dont care about things like this. I reported a person admitting to running bots, hosting a private PW server and many other violations. Of course with pictures as proof. That one person have not got a single ban yet.
  • FayHumming - Dreamweaver
    FayHumming - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    b:laugh Atless pwcn got clientless botting. They farm coins like crazy and 2 or 3 week free r9.b:chuckle botter vs cashplayer = botter win
    the survival of the fittest

-Thx all suport sell me SoW for 5M b:thanks tome/ring
    !!!SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ok seriously, nice cat fight going on guys, raw raw raw...

But this could be a simple matter to resolve.

A lv 100 veno get a quest to kill 100 mob right, so here it goes, big brother comes in.

The said veno is killing more then 100 mobs in the same area per int of time, The veno get flag on server.

The said veno keeps killing the same mob for a longer period of time, and count is 2x normal quest, Report automatically the veno to a GM.

( mean time in the real world, boss come around in the office. kick the feet of sleeping GM off the table. GM logs in and check on the said veno. )

While GM lv 150 in sin mode cloak look at the said veno, he determine if hes a bot or not.

( He could then use Spoil of war and steal it all, but hes a nice GM )

Kick veno off the planet. Send e-mail requesting proof of not using a bot.

It'S just an example.

So if player would want to farm they would have to change grind spot. etc etc ... IDK there must be a way to prevent this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]