If I was a Dev...

Orlin - Dreamweaver
Orlin - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
If you were a dev what would you add to the game to make it better. The answer could be serious or stupid.

Ill start it off.

If I was a dev I would add an expansion that doesn't add anything but fixes the bugs that are in the game. I would also add a patch that adds outhouses that when used gives a feel lighter buff that increases speed by 1 m/s. If someone tips it over while a player is inside gives them a stinky debuff that makes all mosters move away from combat range and all players within 5 meters drop to the ground stunned for 2 minutes.
Post edited by Orlin - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• ChaoticArya - Heavens Tear
    ChaoticArya - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    1. nerf aps to 2.0
    2. buff venos and clerics
    3. more gm events
    4. take r9 out of the botique and have farming for it instead
    5. fix the arena thats been broken for about 4 years and was never fixed
  • xvokcx
    xvokcx Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    1. nerf aps to 2.0
    2. buff venos and clerics
    3. more gm events
    4. take r9 out of the botique and have farming for it instead
    5. fix the arena thats been broken for about 4 years and was never fixed

1- can't do that
    2 - cant do that
    3 - can't do that
    4 - can't do that
    5 - can't do that

Devs are not players. Players cant be Devs.

Devs create from an idea. Players construct from idea creations. 2 different worlds.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    @ Chao

APS isn't the problem. It's Bloodpaint and sins CC. Proper nerfs to those would bring balance but so much QQ.

@ OP.

I'd give the game an overhaul on all the old classes (which is being done already)
    Fix all the current issues with the game.
    Make all gear genuinely farmable like R9
    Fix the database to allow character transfers for a $20 fee.
    Fix database to allow name chances for a $10 fee.
    Have event's at different times to accommodate all players no matter the timezone (but restrict it to once a day just like the races are)
    CBA to keep going :P
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'd add an armor rating system that assigned a rating to each piece of armor in the game. The better the grade, refinement level, and adds, the higher the armor rating.

I'd put two NPCs in every farming instance. The first one would do a gear check of the squad, and adjust the difficulty based on the average armor rating. The instances would scale in both difficulty and reward with higher rewards for higher grades. But also an increase in difficulty. Every tier would be worth doing and only armor ratings at or above a certain level would be allowed to farm in there. For example, you'd need at least TT99+5 to farm in nirvana. Hardly a huge barrier for entry but would weed out the people in gear that are inappropriate for the instance.

The second one would check what everyone is in squad. 6 person Rainbow squads would get the best drops and rewards but every tier would be worth it. Each person in the squad would also get a quest item. They have to turn this quest item into an NPC that spawns after every boss dies (they'd need to be present for the bosses death) at the end if they completed the instance they'd get a chest containing a random item. For example a canny, perfect stones, socket stones, fantasy fruit, tokens of luck, exp gain items (not hypers), etc. Kinda like BH rewards but no coins. Yeah the fruit sucks but it shouldn't be great items every time.

I'd put in a level check on BH bosses, if doing it with a squad of at levels or below you get double the exp.

Increase the rewards for tabs,maybe give lucidgold chests and increased exp/rep for people who help with the tabs.

If someone tabs a boss, all mods and 3 stars would be theirs for 30 seconds. Afterwards it would be free for anyone to take.

IF someone wines an instance they could set 3 stars and molds to either random distribution on just them. Before it permanently set, each squad member would be required to confirm the leads decision.

Put a level and cultivation requirement on hyper stones.

Return fairy boxes to solo mode TT but retain the box/key requirements. Reduce the drop rate of them too so it wasn't as easy money but still better money than it is now.

Make it so that if you enter stealth, you cannot use movement debuff skills (including genie) for 3-5 seconds or whatever people think is a fair amount so they can have a proper reaction time to block whatever the sins next move will be while not still so long that it isn't an advantage the class has. I'd get a consultant on that but theres gotta be a way to make more fair in 1v1.

Balance class skills across the board.

Increase the rewards for regular EU. Lower the DQ order requirement across the board and adjust the chests for todays economy.

Create a free pvp arena that groups people based on armor rating and level. People would be able to PvP freely in that area but would only be able to be inside for a limited amount of time. Say an hour or two. If you want to PvP more than that, world map pvp would still be available to you.

Give a blessing based on armor rating obtainable by low levels only. Say 80 or lower. That would increase your defenses by a large amount when facing an opponent with a much higher armor rating than or level than your own. PvP only. It wouldn't increase attack though, so low levels can't kill high levels. But they'd have time to run away. The item would be consumable as well. Absorbing X amount of damage before it disappeared. So if some lowbie was drop stealing and everyone attacked that lowbie, they'd still be able to kill them. You'd get by trading a small amount of DQ items. So they'd need to actually spend time on the world map or buying from farmers if they wanted them.

Reduce the amount of attendance pages needed for the attendance mount. 400 is over a year.....6 months or so would be more reasonable.

Change the 20-29 culti so you aren't going back and forth as much but restore the original mob kill counts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would probably...

...have no say in any matter and would have to take orders from higher-ups that have no real clue of what they're doing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would fire myself and go work for another company b:laugh
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
    edited September 2012
    I would fire myself and go work for another company b:laugh
    haha this maybe frankie and shelly should take ur advice
    im gonna get banned for saying that
    edited September 2012
    haha this maybe frankie and shelly should take ur advice
    im gonna get banned for saying that

...Except that Shelly doesn't even work for PWE and Frankie is not a developer (I don't think PWE even has any) b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    ...Except that Shelly doesn't even work for PWE and Frankie is not a developer (I don't think PWE even has any) b:lipcurl
    not sure who translates our version of pwi
  • Krazyeye$ - Dreamweaver
    Krazyeye$ - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    1: take away the option to purchase zen/gold with a credit card or paypal, if you want to have things in game then earn it by ingame means.
    2: power leveling will be a bannable offense, and those who have power leveled the devs would go through server history and remove that much xp/ spitit/ drops gained from such tactics.
    3: hypers will be taken away from game, and those who used hypers previously will have the same effect as in number 2 change i.e xp will be removeed,spirit and drops will also be removed.
    4: any selling of power leveling tactics or sale of runs/ quests( exaple) "fc spot for ...$, or "tm 69 8 runs for $ per run" or anytm runs for that matter will lead to a perm ban for ythe person selling and the ppl in squad and those who paid!
    5: all instances will require a minimum of 4 characters to enter and the level rang will be w/in 10 levels of mobs and boss's level!

just be glad pwi wont hire me as a dev b/c this basicly how it was when the game first came out...lvl 100 didnt solo fb 19 in 4-5 mins like they do now, players have no idea how to play their toon b/c they just swipe the credit card and think " my toon is awsome" when in reality you have not earned anything you just bought it!
    edited September 2012
    1: take away the option to purchase zen/gold with a credit card or paypal, if you want to have things in game then earn it by ingame means.
    2: power leveling will be a bannable offense, and those who have power leveled the devs would go through server history and remove that much xp/ spitit/ drops gained from such tactics.
    3: hypers will be taken away from game, and those who used hypers previously will have the same effect as in number 2 change i.e xp will be removeed,spirit and drops will also be removed.
    4: any selling of power leveling tactics or sale of runs/ quests( exaple) "fc spot for ...$, or "tm 69 8 runs for $ per run" or anytm runs for that matter will lead to a perm ban for ythe person selling and the ppl in squad and those who paid!
    5: all instances will require a minimum of 4 characters to enter and the level rang will be w/in 10 levels of mobs and boss's level!

just be glad pwi wont hire me as a dev b/c this basicly how it was when the game first came out...lvl 100 didnt solo fb 19 in 4-5 mins like they do now, players have no idea how to play their toon b/c they just swipe the credit card and think " my toon is awsome" when in reality you have not earned anything you just bought it!

1. You'd go out of business really fast. You gotta monetize it somehow. Even in 2008 there were things you could buy.
    2. You'd be a horribly unfair and unjust developer and I'm glad you don't have the kind of power. Punishing people for breaking rules that didn't exist yet? Terrible. Really and truly.
    3. See point 2.
    4. Why would you ban people for doing TMs the legitimate way? That literally makes no sense. Instead of going ban crazy, you're a fantasy GM. Just remove it from the game.
    5. People helped others with their FBs all the time, it's how the tabber gets drop things go set into stone in the first place. I remember their even being a chatroom you could go and get help with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • XRysanx - Lost City
    XRysanx - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This. If you're gonna rag on someone for not doing their job, at least know what their job actually is.

I agree with this and your above post, you seem like smart girl........if you are a girl........sorry if im mixed upb:surrender
    edited September 2012
    I agree with this and your above post, you seem like smart girl........if you are a girl........sorry if im mixed upb:surrender

Thank you. And yes, I am indeed a girl. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Add in housing from p2p pw.

Replace tideborn with p2p pw's version of tideborn (different skill sets and way more balanced).

Remove all packs from cash shop, bump up rates a bit and make them obtainable from events only.

Female barbs and male venos.

Finish other half (half? maybe less) of the game that original devs left off.
    That would include the animations, the other land sets and cities, dungeons like black sand palace (which actually exists, not just that one obscure map that was on ecatomb), and content for 105-150.

Implement cut content that Wanmei won't allow the new devs to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    Replace tideborn with p2p pw's version of tideborn (different skill sets and way more balanced).

Wait wait wait wait wait...

What? Seriously?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited September 2012
    Wait wait wait wait wait...

What? Seriously?

I've only mentioned it so many times on these forums.

The tideborn that p2p pw has have different skill sets and even different animations for the skills.

The tideborn map area is still the same but the npcs and such have been moved around.
    You don't even start in the same spot on the island nor does dragonfang village exists.

Here are some pics of when their tb came out, I don't quite remember what I did with all the other screen shots.

Edit:

Found the rest, updated that album.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    Can You link the chinese version of the skills and bubles how did u get past the chinese registration where it ask for an id
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited September 2012
    Can You link the chinese version of the skills and bubles how did u get past the chinese registration where it ask for an id

I won't ever discuss about how to complete the registration but I can link you the skills.

Here is the one for the psy but I don't think I took a pic for sins... Would need to make a new screenshot...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    I won't ever discuss about how to complete the registration but I can link you the skills.

Here is the one for the psy but I don't think I took a pic for sins... Would need to make a new screenshot...
    i just looked on the website the download is up for dynasty rises
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited September 2012
    i just looked on the website the download is up for dynasty rises

Read my signature... There is a difference between p2p pw and pwcn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    Read my signature... There is a difference between p2p pw and pwcn.
    i went to pwcn, the p2p pw has a cool website
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited September 2012

This is indeed interesting and sad at same time... I am sure PWE won't ever add this kind of content to our version because they fear for a mass rage quitb:cry
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If I was a developer, I would.

-Fix the glitches
    -Enforce rules
    -Update event items / DQ rewards
    -Remove rank gear entirely
    -Remove attack/defense/warding/slaying levels from gear and put attack/defense/evasion levels from skills instead
    -Remove blessings
    -Remove genie
    -Put back the old FC
    -Ban people who are being vuglar
    -Switch skills around from classes and remove some (skills that overwrite basically)
    -Remove PV
    -Remove useless boutique items
    -Etc... Adding more events would be nice too.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Too many things i would do to write them all, but that will all kind of stuff to put all class balanced in everything.

I would fix the actual old bug.

Put stuff fair, example, a barb/veno can get a fly 3.2 for 20m or 3.3 for around 50-60m while for seek/mystic it's 150m to get a 3.3 fly. People usualy use fly to go to a place so why a race need to pay double and triple price to get the same speed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited September 2012
    raising the level cap and making the ? level 105 + equipment from the p2p versionuseful
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If I was a dev the game would be broken because I don't know how to code games.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Restrict Occult ice to barbarians, seekers, and blademasters only.

Shadow escape nerfed to give only 50 chi upon usage.

Buff focused mind to 33%, but cc effects are no longer blocked.

Increase in skill damage for all sin skills, ~10%, many sin skills now give an extra 5 chi.

Psychic soul of silence capped at 30%. Demon soul of silence changed to give an extra 5% that isn't affected by the cap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    1. You'd go out of business really fast. You gotta monetize it somehow. Even in 2008 there were things you could buy.
    2. You'd be a horribly unfair and unjust developer and I'm glad you don't have the kind of power. Punishing people for breaking rules that didn't exist yet? Terrible. Really and truly.
    3. See point 2.
    4. Why would you ban people for doing TMs the legitimate way? That literally makes no sense. Instead of going ban crazy, you're a fantasy GM. Just remove it from the game.
    5. People helped others with their FBs all the time, it's how the tabber gets drop things go set into stone in the first place. I remember their even being a chatroom you could go and get help with.

1. I agree with that... Just don't give power too much the CSers
    2. Even though power leveling resulted bad things in this game and the majority of the player base is reduced to playing like they are level 10 or something. But then again, this is part of a shady business, but PWI is sinking lower and lower. People have skipped through the game too much and skip the mechanics of instance / mobs / bosses and events. It was horribly bad to bring this in the first place, leveling to endgame does not mean anything, a baddie would always stay bad. As long as they buy into it, it is actually good for business though... It would be nice though.
    3. hypers are used to skip pve, this is a rpg game, if you don't want to deal with playing the game, then play something where you don't have to worry about leveling at all, rpgs are meant for story and progress, not something instant.
    4. That is NOT the illegitimate way, that is a glitch, yes I bought the runs too. That is completely false, Trophy mode is meant for how much skill you have, not to pay some OP person that is not allowed in the instance like 69 for example is meant for level 60-80 players. Why is an R9 seeker in there? He's not supposed to get in. Again, that is glitch abuse, that's like saying PKing people in the entrance (room 1) of cube is not a glitch....
    5. It does not mean it is not possible to do that in level range, I seen some games that have level brackets for instance. I don't see what is the problem here.

So I respect Krazyeye's post there a lot. Then again it is too late, the sheep are already set to ignorance, finding the easy way to do things.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Restrict Occult ice to barbarians, seekers, and blademasters only.

Yeah because BMs totally don't have enough stuns as it is.
    Shadow escape nerfed to give only 50 chi upon usage.

Oh come on, it's the forced stealth you dislike, not the chi. Rather make Shadow Escape unusable in PvP. Not that I really use Shadow Escape for chi anyway.
    Buff tidal protection to 33%, but cc effects are no longer blocked.

Um... Tidal Protection is 50% evasion at level 10, 66% for Sages.

And what exactly would that leave for Tidal? Wood damage in PvE and amps.

Seriously, it's sad when everyone screams about nerfing sins but like 99% of the suggestions are PvP oriented. You don't like stealth? Then make it unusable in PvP. You don't like Occult Ice? Then delete the skill altogether. You don't like Tidal Protection? Well at least we have to make a choice between Tidal Protection or Focused Mind, plus the buffs aren't exactly permanent.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah because BMs totally don't have enough stuns as it is.

Oh come on, it's the forced stealth you dislike, not the chi. Rather make Shadow Escape unusable in PvP. Not that I really use Shadow Escape for chi anyway.

Um... Tidal Protection is 50% evasion at level 10, 66% for Sages.

And what exactly would that leave for Tidal? Wood damage in PvE and amps.

Seriously, it's sad when everyone screams about nerfing sins but like 99% of the suggestions are PvP oriented. You don't like stealth? Then make it unusable in PvP. You don't like Occult Ice? Then delete the skill altogether. You don't like Tidal Protection? Well at least we have to make a choice between Tidal Protection or Focused Mind, plus the buffs aren't exactly permanent.

I meant focused mind, the 2 skills have similar effects so I got them mixed up. Honestly sins should have to choose whether they want CC avoidance or damage avoidance, not a best of both worlds. Remove the CC avoidance from Focused and even 40% avoidance might be fair.

Also, BM's are very underpowered in 1v1 pvp. They need occult ice to really be a threat there. Even then, many BM's choose not to use Occult ice because they realize it doesn't contribute to their primary role, tanking frontline damage and CC/disruption/amping support for the damage classes. Occult doesn't change much in TW, so why does it matter?

Sins do NOT need occult to succeed in pvp, although many have gotten so used to using it as a crutch that they believe its required.

Shadow escape's stealth shouldn't be nerfed, as it's part of a sin's balance. There are MANY games where stealth classes get a forced stealth as one of their primary defensive measures. The most notable being WoW. What IS unbalancing is all the free chi skills sins get.

Also, I didn't just nerf everything across the board. Many sin skills were changed to give more chi per cast, and at least ~10% more damage. IDK if this would make non-aps more viable, the #'s would have to be tweaked. As is, DPH sins are hit and miss in pvp compared to aps.

As for pve nerfs....why do you care? Sins are only useful now for farming Nirvana, and even then caster nirv makes far more money. My mystic solo's Caster in ~15 mins during 2x drops, but I also make close to 7-8 mil per run. That's an easy 30mil per hour. There's a reason why they removed the Talisman bug so quickly.

No 2x drops? Do TM69 solo for 800k per spot, 12 mil an hour w/ low/deflated gold prices. Sins will never solo a TM. They're already shunned in TW, they need the dps to not be shunned in pve as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.