Returned back recently.. veno now useless??

potatoking
potatoking Posts: 28 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
I return to the game recently and notice that they did a lot of changes to the games. Every class seem to get a lot stronger, but now leaving veno Herc/Nix useless... Herc/Nix can't even aggro mob anymore (their dmg too low now).. Every class has higher advantage against veno (veno don't have that high mag against pure wiz etc).. They should make veno pet 1.25x the current character lvl. eg. lvl 100 character can level their pet to lvl 125 :)...
Post edited by potatoking on

Comments

• KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Veno's are getting a serious makeover in a future update.

Though I agree they should beef up the CURRENT pets they have a little.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I don't have any problems with my veno, but then I actually do quests...
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
  • MissTwice - Harshlands
    MissTwice - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Veno's never be useless. :3
  • ChaoticArya - Heavens Tear
    ChaoticArya - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    the herc and the nix have become uselss i support making veno better hell make them an anti-sin class
    edited September 2012
    the herc and the nix have become uselss i support making veno better hell make them an anti-sin class

They already are a anti-sin class.

Bramble > sin in TW. /thread <3
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2012

^What she said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ninn - Raging Tide
    Ninn - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i rly think they should do something about veno pets damage ... atm they are too much lame they are easy a 1shoot in pk and theyr damage is rly bad, and not only in pvp it sucks, also in pve, pets cant keep agro from the veno even if the veno is HA! and this is just wrong O.O

many ppl say "well dont use pets" but this is a non understanding about the veno class, they are made to be able to use the pets is what is what made this class diff, telling a veno to not use the pet is almost as saying to a sin "dont use stealth" O.O

pet was suposed to complement the little diference of damage that veno have compared to the other magic clases but isnt like this any longer, also pets were usefull to cause efects such a bleeding, stun, etc (bc lets be honest >.> veno stun is lamest stun ever .... 2 secs .... u dont even have chance to cast a new skill in that time xD) but now that pet is kinda useless veno got a lot more of disadvantage in this way.

so plssss do something about it!! b:beg
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I`d be fine if veno pets got stronger with refines/soulforce but giving venos a Nix2.0 is not something I want. I can accept being rolled by highly refined toons but I dont want to deal with veno that gets the new OP pet and suddenly becomes a threat, no matter she`s rolling in TT90.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide
    Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Bramble Hood > Sin
    Bramble + Barb > Sin

/Thread :P
    Born to be an Assassin, raised as a Thief.

Keliska - RT 70
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well veno pets seems useless, but not the veno themself, veno are still really wanted for purge amp, for caster class in a way it's the best cause cause they are wanted in both nirvana normal one and caster. same in TW really needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well veno pets seems useless, but not the veno themself, veno are still really wanted for purge amp, for caster class in a way it's the best cause cause they are wanted in both nirvana normal one and caster. same in TW really needed.

Pets in general are more of an accessory rather than an essential part of the game, they are pretty much something to show off with rather than battling. Really, you said it well here, I'm impressed really.
    i rly think they should do something about veno pets damage ... atm they are too much lame they are easy a 1shoot in pk and theyr damage is rly bad, and not only in pvp it sucks, also in pve, pets cant keep agro from the veno even if the veno is HA! and this is just wrong O.O

Why even let the pet tank when you have a higher survival rate and kill faster to begin with? If your pets were too strong, then people would heavily rely on pets with the veno class (again -_-") and not invest into other things that would actually help the class itself. Investing in gear/skills are a lot more important than a stupid pet anyway. Also HA venoes do too much damage without skills and the pet will lose aggro in seconds.
    many ppl say "well dont use pets" but this is a non understanding about the veno class, they are made to be able to use the pets is what is what made this class diff, telling a veno to not use the pet is almost as saying to a sin "dont use stealth" O.O

I don't use pets often on veno, and for sure I don't use stealth on sin at all except force stealth to get easy spark b:laugh
    pet was suposed to complement the little diference of damage that veno have compared to the other magic clases but isnt like this any longer, also pets were usefull to cause efects such a bleeding, stun, etc (bc lets be honest >.> veno stun is lamest stun ever .... 2 secs .... u dont even have chance to cast a new skill in that time xD) but now that pet is kinda useless veno got a lot more of disadvantage in this way.

Veno always had terrible magic damage but OP defenses, debuffs and reflect which is enough to faceroll everything. They are not meant to be DDs in the first place.
    so plssss do something about it!!
    b:beg

Haven't venoes got enough already? =.= Sheesh...
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited September 2012

or what **** says in wc...open her butt open with some bowb:laugh
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The pets just need a slight damage boost to help keep up with the ridiculous gear that exists nowadays. Back when the nix came out, no one figured it would have to go up against r9.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    The pets just need a slight damage boost to help keep up with the ridiculous gear that exists nowadays. Back when the nix came out, no one figured it would have to go up against r9.

Back in the day nix bleed was OP as ** I even had to have cauterize on my genie when I was in TW against the 3-4 Enrage venos and their nixs -_-.

Upgrade the veno pets in relevance to their soulforce, because last I checked those mid-low tier factions still get their ***** handed to them by nixs.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Back in the day nix bleed was OP as ** I even had to have cauterize on my genie when I was in TW against the 3-4 Enrage venos and their nixs -_-.

Upgrade the veno pets in relevance to their soulforce, because last I checked those mid-low tier factions still get their ***** handed to them by nixs.

Yes. This is a pretty good suggestion.

I feel like my nix is still OP against alot of peeps haha.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Doesn't anyone find it funny that both {UNTAMED} classes; who are based off of (Highly Evolved~Predators) have some of the most Pathetic {Stealth Detection} Abilities.......

"I mean Seriously, the animals that they're based off of, have some of the Highest levels of (hearing / smelling & site (including~night vision))"

b:chuckle

And yet! They still suck as much as any other race does, at smelling out a 'Stealthed~Chicken with a chameleon pose' (Aka. Archer) & a bunch of 'Rhabid fish with Attitudes' (Sins)????

???Doesn't anyone find that just a little disturbing???

b:faint

I mean, how on Earth did they even successfully Evolve (storyline wise) if they can't even see anything coming at them? Or at the very least (hear & smell) them out???

?? ?(b:puzzled)? ??
    !! '^~ b:fatb ~^' !!

"And yes, I know {Evolutionary Biological Theory}... And that the more a line of beings evolve; the less they depend on their basic 'Primal~senses of detection' as they gain added levels of upper level~perceptive intelligance"

But this is ridiculous?!~ Their 'Races Descriptions' even say
    ~{they kept their Primal abilities & instincts}~
    so you'd think they'd have alot higher detection abilities~Senses wise? LOLzzzz!

So why do they rate no better then a human character, when it comes too sensing out the smell of 'Rancid Fish' or 'A Chicken' in sweaty clothing????

b:laugh
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Nix bleed can still kick *** if set off after demon ironwood/rainbows hit with amp in place. To the op, yes there are a lot of useless hyper noobie venos running around now days.
  • Ninn - Raging Tide
    Ninn - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Pets in general are more of an accessory rather than an essential part of the game, they are pretty much something to show off with rather than battling. Really, you said it well here, I'm impressed really.

Why even let the pet tank when you have a higher survival rate and kill faster to begin with? If your pets were too strong, then people would heavily rely on pets with the veno class (again -_-") and not invest into other things that would actually help the class itself. Investing in gear/skills are a lot more important than a stupid pet anyway. Also HA venoes do too much damage without skills and the pet will lose aggro in seconds.

I don't use pets often on veno, and for sure I don't use stealth on sin at all except force stealth to get easy spark b:laugh

Veno always had terrible magic damage but OP defenses, debuffs and reflect which is enough to faceroll everything. They are not meant to be DDs in the first place.

b:beg

Haven't venoes got enough already? =.= Sheesh...

-.- ...... ofc pets arent suposed to be the main of the veno but they were made to be a part of this class, ofc u focus on ur venos skills and gears more than the pet but before pet was way more usefull than now, a nix could be great for pvp but now is an easy 1shoot for any good geared DD so the annoyiness of the nix over ur opponet is non existant anymore, the stunn of the nix and its Hight damage (before now is a dmg to lol about it bc new gear defenses are too hight) was rly helpful at the moment of a TW and pvp, and idk if u ever played another DD classes to compare but at least in pvp are unbalanced, and im not the only one that think this >.> u can see in many other threads that ppl ask for improvement of venos and clerics also, and part of this is the pet problem.

in my opinion they should maybe modify pets in a way that they get bonnus based on the veno atack and resistances.

and venos dont have OP defenses .... a wizz have just 20% less phy deff than the veno in fox form due to the stone barrier, with the diference that this also increases the wizz earth resistance and wizz deal way more damage and theyr control skills are better than the veno (pointing again the lame 2 secs stun >.> and the 2 sparks cost of the parasitic nova) this case is also the mystic they have buff that increase theyr phy, water and wood resistance, and venos have same magic defenses as any other magic class even lower bc cleric wizz and mystic have buff to increase theyr mag deff also, they just have a bit more phy deff when in fox form, but this diference can be solved with good shards, add to this the damage diff from other arcane classes and theyr control skills (stun, seal, ect.) the pet has a point on this pets can complement this, bc they can stun and give status efect, same as compensate ur damage diference (or at least it should do this)

and yes bramble .... bramble doesnt protect u from archers or magic DDs, is only rly efective against a sin that is stupidly enought to aps u without AD or any imune to damage pot, or a BM in same conditions, im not saying brmble is useless, it helps but u cant rely on that, and bramble Hood costs 2 sparks and cool down isnt the shortest.

my point was that pet was made to complement the veno not to be the main focus of it.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Venos are awesome, but I'm biased >.>
    I do feel more like a venom-wiz than a pet-class person though. That really should be fixed.
    Whenever I hear "venos aren't good dd" I giggle a little. Whatevers nub, I'll take my awesome dd this way b:victory

They're getting on the right track with that, NS from Shroud is a very nifty skill. I likes the anti stun, and the little extra pet aps is very considerate, but it's too short. I'd like the CD to be cut in half for it if they're never going to bother giving pets a boost.

I remember when my herc used to protect me from things b:surrender Sometimes I miss those days. Now he just says "woman, switch your weapon, I just can't work under these conditions anymore".
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I don't have any problems with my veno, but then I actually do quests...

Looks at sign, Im better b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Foxyface - Dreamweaver
    Foxyface - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    morai skills ftw
    shroud buffs up the pet's attk to a op lvl + antistunn

lumni reflect works on archers lol

cora 6 sec seal cast from foxform stacks with nova very useful.

and wb btw b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited September 2012

This.

Even though I still consider a pet with pounce, slow, howl and threaten is highly usefull in pve when they can't fullfill their traditional tanking role.
  • Greenscorpio - Heavens Tear
    Greenscorpio - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would be rly happy if my veno would get bramble that works OUTSIDE TW and an attack boost to my pets. U guys are wrong, venos arent rly needed for purge ( bm,s, archers have weps that do that) or amp ( was replaced with bm,s HF- or just mire and poison). So yea, i,ve been qq-ing over 7-8 months now that venos became kinda usless. While all the other classes get pretty cool skills and sins are still OP, we are the bait. I played so many classes( sin, bm, mystic, barb, archer, cleric) but none compares to my veno. Each has something to give them an advantage. Compared to mystics, our pets lvl up slow as ***, we cant heal + all the pretty debuff skills. It would be something if they made our bramble work in pvp. Each class can buff itself, only our is usless, unless in TW. but seems no1 rly gives a ***....Too bad, venos are a great and fun class to play...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    other than the pet not surviving long the class has a lot going for it... so I would have to disagree with the op
  • __ian__ - Heavens Tear
    __ian__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I was just thinking the other day why don't Veno's Bramble anymore. I miss my green disk i got jealous when i saw an AEU Gorilla had Bramble and i didn't the other day b:sad And its not like Bigfoot i actually got a screenshot b:laugh
    http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/3162/20120903224655.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Complete your first quest. b:bye
    Feb 24, 2009
  • EdwardCuIIin - Dreamweaver
    EdwardCuIIin - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I was just thinking the other day why don't Veno's Bramble anymore.

Cause the new ones don't know how???
  • davelaurence
    davelaurence Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2012
  • Ripokeke - Sanctuary
    Ripokeke - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yes! I also feel the same way when i came back around 2 months ago.

Be it dungeon, fb, bh, even TT. Sin, bm, or even barb can kill a mob in 3~5 seconds , while me and herc would have to take 1~3 min. (took me 8 mins for a mob in tt 3-2 squad mode, herc will die in 3 hits. Had to constant heal pet)

I witnessed a sin solo kill a fb 99 boss, without cleric...

2 years ago, people on forum were saying venos will get a revamp/upgrade in the future. 2 years later, people are still saying the same thing. Even bm are tanks now...
    I was just thinking the other day why don't Veno's Bramble anymore. I miss my green disk i got jealous when i saw an AEU Gorilla had Bramble and i didn't the other day b:sad And its not like Bigfoot i actually got a screenshot b:laugh
    http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/3162/20120903224655.jpg

Yes, u missing it. Because no one invite venos to squad anymore. Look at ur screenshot, ur squad don't have any veno.

Who needs a support class when mobs are killed before debuffs can land??
    I don't.
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The only thing I think that should be updated about veno's is the actual raising of pets... Not just the leveling but also have your pets grow stronger with stats, equip, soulforce, whatever... The only complaint I have is that my Tabby cat often get's 2-3 shoted by BH mobs or bosses and that it's attack power is a bit on the low side even when combined with the veno herself compared to other classes out there... And getting that big fat ugly yellow thing for a ridiculous amount of cash is a no-no... My Tabby's debuffs are way better anyway... b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
    edited September 2012
    The only thing I think that should be updated about veno's is the actual raising of pets... Not just the leveling but also have your pets grow stronger with stats, equip, soulforce, whatever... The only complaint I have is that my Tabby cat often get's 2-3 shoted by BH mobs or bosses and that it's attack power is a bit on the low side even when combined with the veno herself compared to other classes out there... And getting that big fat ugly yellow thing for a ridiculous amount of cash is a no-no... My Tabby's debuffs are way better anyway... b:avoid

Get the Shaodu Cub. It's got some nice damage and skills.

And to people saying venos are useless. It makes me sigh. They are far from useless and are still amazing classes. The only thing that sucks is how much effort you have to put in leveling your pet and how pitiful they are compared to endgame content. There is nothing wrong with the veno themselves unless you're not using it right. -_-

And to the one comparing veno purge 100%(aoe if sage) to a 7% archer and bm weapon just wow.....
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3