Which weapon is better fist/claws or swords/blades?

shadowspark2000
shadowspark2000 Posts: 25 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Blademaster
which of these two weapon fist/claws or swords/blades is better.To be honest i really like swords in general, but i also heard that people wont want u in their squad if u are a sword BM and that swords are not as good as claws/fists. lol

if anyone could tell which one is better that would be great
b:pleased
Post edited by shadowspark2000 on

Comments

• Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    well tbh pre lvl100 so long as u have any sort of axe to use HF in squads and have lvl'd aura and roar for buff and CC its not massively important as in squad your role is more support and its ur damage debuff, AoE stun and squad buff that gets that bit done.

When not in squad its w/e works best for you fists/claws can be cheaper as is basically just auto atk so no mp costs swords can be safer as have a knock back and MSS apart from hitting like a truck nerfs the damage out put of ur targets making u take less damage. Swords hit harder and skills will do more damage especially if u get goldTT90 zerk which used to be pretty dirt cheap to make ( not so sure now as i made pre EG ) but fists once u start upping the aps will be fast and give betr chi that'll help with stuns and using sutra to save on pots (b4 any1 starts Im answering relevant to post yes axe's are super "pro" blah blah but he hasn't asked about em)

post lvl 100 your gonna want aps to get into squads, its sad fact bt true it will make it way easier if u can say "4aps" or "5aps BM" so you'll want fists for when not running with faction mates(even then sometimes u still need) or friends

There is a skill update however on pwi china so this could all change, if or when u can afford to lvl all paths and get a decent weapon for each to be ready for wen it comes here
  • shadowspark2000
    edited September 2012
    thnx for the handy tip so i am probably going to be axe/fist

b:thanks
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If you went with the normal build of 3str, 2dex, dex capped at 200~220, you should be able to use any weapon in the game.

The above works great if you have gear for each 10 lvl set. I was a poor bm, my gear was always 20~50 lvls below what it should be. I went 6 str 3 dex, 1 vit every lvl until lvl 60. At lvl 60 i restatted to be able to use fists. The hp drop was scary, a 5k hp went to 2~2.5k. The mobs did die faster though and i could use sutra often.

I never really opened up to sword skills, and i still haven't. I use the sword skills for their debuff, or status effects, but not as part of my dd range.

The above is for pve, other people will be able to tell you the pvp side. I got the morai sword for my weapon choice, free good sword. Made the purge pole with faction friends help. Farmed my claws. Still waiting on my axes, so making do with tt99 gold axes until i get my endgame ones.

Aps is important if you intent to make money on your own. TT = money, vana = spending money. Aps will help you solo, duo, trio, go in squads do to bosses, and get the mats you want for free. If you are using skills only, the tank and other dd's have to pick your part, which is fine, if they are friends. I take friends to any tt, as long as they don't get one shot by boss aoe, no matter what lvl or gear. I had lvl 40 seeker friend helping in tt runs. If you are not aps, you will still be reliant on all others to play every aspect of this game that is instance based. Being aps, allows you to reduce the number of people you are dependent on. If you need 6 people to do a boss, finding those 6 at the same time is hard. But if it is 1~2 other players, it makes it easier. That is why don't just rely on any one form of weapon. Just my thoughts on the matter.
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Fists/claws are good for getting the chi you need for DG. But what I would say is experiment with Swords/blades so you can get a feel for the skills. Best Sword/blade skill is Myriad Sword Stance. Loved it when my female friend BM performed the skill.
    b:nosebleed
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadowspark2000
    edited September 2012
    I reall like fists and swords but i heard if u are a sword BM people will hate u
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Fists/claws are good for getting the chi you need for DG. But what I would say is experiment with Swords/blades so you can get a feel for the skills. Best Sword/blade skill is Myriad Sword Stance. Loved it when my female friend BM performed the skill.
    b:nosebleed

What does dg stand for? seen it on the forums, but never understood it.
    I reall like fists and swords but i heard if u are a sword BM people will hate u

Pole and axes are your friends to. There are specific bosses which can not be hf'ed, but they can be gs'ed or mss'ed. Personally i use all 4 skill tree skills depening on things. No point in sticking to one or two trees. The game becomes more fun.

When i get a 2nd bm in vana, we do a gs, hf, mire, sub sea combo (amp if available), bosses drop fast. Quite a few bms changed from axe/fist only to all weapons after they saw me use them during bh, vana, delta runs. BMs are a super fun class to play, but people get bogged down with "i must triple spark, cloud eruption, hf and get chi back for triple spark". If you are not tanking, we have awesome skills to play around with.
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012

The prob with a sword bm is there's a new kid in the block who is a lot better with swords, namely seekers. I have unfortunate encounters with all sword bm's that can't HF because they say "I'm an all sword bm brah..."

IDC if you just go axe/ fist or just plain axe/spear/fist or just plain axe at times but most of your bh bosses are hf'able and sometimes that's the only thing your squad asks of you at times, why gimp it?
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    akosireann wrote: »
    The prob with a sword bm is there's a new kid in the block who is a lot better with swords, namely seekers. I have unfortunate encounters with all sword bm's that can't HF because they say "I'm an all sword bm brah..."

IDC if you just go axe/ fist or just plain axe/spear/fist or just plain axe at times but most of your bh bosses are hf'able and sometimes that's the only thing your squad asks of you at times, why gimp it?

lol 1 experience with a bad "sword" BM doesn't mean no1 should give swords a try. i've had plenty experiences with fail BM who are "pure axe" (roll a barb) or "pure fist" (roll a sin) tbh any BM who says "im pure.."( don't roll a multi weapon toon) is prolly best avoided period. swords are fine just remember you should have at the VERY LEAST a npc weapon for each path and the important skills lvl'd

Axe= max HF + Drake Bash (optional bt highly recommended)
    Fist= max Cyclone Heel + DBB (optional)
    Pole=max GS + far Strike (optional)
    Sword= max MSS + Atmos Strike (optional)

non weapon specific u must have Aura of golden Bell and Roar of the Pride these skills are what allow u to function in squads with DD sup, CC and squad buffs
    beyond that the only fail way to play is one that u dont enjoy do w/e wen solo do what u must in squad
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    lol 1 experience with a bad "sword" BM doesn't mean no1 should give swords a try. i've had plenty experiences with fail BM who are "pure axe" (roll a barb) or "pure fist" (roll a sin) tbh any BM who says "im pure.."( don't roll a multi weapon toon) is prolly best avoided period. swords are fine just remember you should have at the VERY LEAST a npc weapon for each path and the important skills lvl'd

Axe= max HF + Drake Bash (optional bt highly recommended)
    Fist= max Cyclone Heel + DBB (optional)
    Pole=max GS + far Strike (optional)
    Sword= max MSS + Atmos Strike (optional)

non weapon specific u must have Aura of golden Bell and Roar of the Pride these skills are what allow u to function in squads with DD sup, CC and squad buffs
    beyond that the only fail way to play is one that u dont enjoy do w/e wen solo do what u must in squad

Don't forget marrows, they saved me from being one shot from bosses quite a few times.
  • shadowspark2000
    edited September 2012
    ok thnx for tips
    b:thanks
  • shadowspark2000
    edited September 2012
    But how will u have enough spirit to upgrade all the skills in ur tree?

Its so hard to get Spirit that high for that much skills
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    But how will u have enough spirit to upgrade all the skills in ur tree?

Its so hard to get Spirit that high for that much skills

If you do fcc, by the time you are 100, you should have 40~100m spirit.

I made genies, so i have very low spirit right now, don't make genie if you see yourself getting skills soon.