Terible low POPULATION on lost City

Comments

• SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2012

People are far more desparate for kill count on PvE servers. You think a white named level 30 have problems on a PvP server... if a level 30 goes white name on a PvE server, they're harassed 10x as much.

b:bye

the difference is on a PVE server that harassment only lasts 10 hours, on a PVP server it lasts untill you can defend yourself against r9+12 sins

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    lordhanzo wrote: »
    ^ Tried it once, once I hit 30, all the levels 80+ are chasing me over and over again, and when they did pk me, they're yelling "noobs hahaha" like they've won a nobel prize or something.

And for those who blaming the gear or cash shop... you should think again, it's the ppl who plays behind the screen who should be put on question mark. And also agree with the "well, you did choose a PvP server."

That sentence helped the mentality of those player to think "i'm high level now, i haz to kill newbies as soon as they turned white !!1!23!"

~Wierd~

I guess I must be one of the lucky ones then.

Because when I returned back to trying {PvP} on {Lost City} server, after a (2 year abscence) I first tried to play in there in (2008) and got bored with the way everyone initially played it as a (24/7) Gankfest.)

and I found that {LCs} truely mellowed out alot, compared too what it was back then...

~In the time that I've rerolled (New Charis) in there, only 3 times have people tried too drop my SIN (And failed); and hes still only a (51st level) !!Gimp Lilly ^v^ Squish Biskit!!~

(And only 1 of the 1s who tried was an (80th level~ranged player) and he was forced too forcebly Log {off the game} too save himself from the humiliation of loosing to a mere 50th lvl, when he found that he should pay more attention too the area hes flying in aswell as me when in pursuit, when I kinda stealthed through a swarm of mobs, that he stupidly followed me through near wraithsgate; and got caught up fighting them, when I turned back and attacked him myself since all the mobs were locked on him ROFLMAO!!!) b:laugh
    b:dirty\\That poor Barb//b:dirty

It kinda sux though, he woulda been my Sins first kill (since I don't like to just Actively hunt People that much, even in a {PvP} server, I still prefer too quest)

b:sad

~And no ones ever went after my Cleric in there, too this day~

b:chuckle

If anything I think {LC} is far safer too move around in unmolested, then going ~white~ in either {HT} or {Archo} servers (which I also play)
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Too much QQ about being pked at low levels in this thread.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The LC population has plummeted lately. I can tell a huge difference even from a week ago (*cough). West Archo is literally all catshops- maybe a few afk people and thats it. And when you remember that many merchants have 3 or 4 catshops logged...yeah.

Here are my thoughts on why LC is having such an issue:

- I think LC has a severe overpopulation of certain classes. There are WAY too many sins (which on a pvp server makes sense). Other classes are almost nonexistent. Trying to get mag DDs for AEU is like pulling teeth- but if we ever wanted a squad of 10 sins we'd be good to go. I can only think of maybe 4 or 5 well geared mystics that are actual mains and active. That's just pathetic.

- On LC the TW competition has been very polarized lately. The few remaining "factor" guilds that participate in TW are split into 2 groups. Many of the the well geared players from the remaining factions are merging into 2 guilds. It's not a good situation to have because both sides are kind've relying on each other to survive for TW. Back when there were more large factions that could compete this wasn't as much of an issue.

I'm really hoping for a server merge. Either that or some life to be breathed back from sever wars. But the server can't continue like this.
  • BigDickJoe - Lost City
    BigDickJoe - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The LC population has plummeted lately. I can tell a huge difference even from a week ago (*cough). West Archo is literally all catshops- maybe a few afk people and thats it. And when you remember that many merchants have 3 or 4 catshops logged...yeah.

Here are my thoughts on why LC is having such an issue:

- I think LC has a severe overpopulation of certain classes. There are WAY too many sins (which on a pvp server makes sense). Other classes are almost nonexistent. Trying to get mag DDs for AEU is like pulling teeth- but if we ever wanted a squad of 10 sins we'd be good to go. I can only think of maybe 4 or 5 well geared mystics that are actual mains and active. That's just pathetic.

- On LC the TW competition has been very polarized lately. The few remaining "factor" guilds that participate in TW are split into 2 groups. Many of the the well geared players from the remaining factions are merging into 2 guilds. It's not a good situation to have because both sides are kind've relying on each other to survive for TW. Back when there were more large factions that could compete this wasn't as much of an issue.

I'm really hoping for a server merge. Either that or some life to be breathed back from sever wars. But the server can't continue like this.

agreedb:surrender
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    PVP in this game is dumb, majority of players (like me) find PVP (for me on an RPG in general) is doomed to fail. PVP was never alive in the first place, it was all nothing but a gankfest, it just happened even more. Genies did the finishing blow to the game, then this damned R9 gear / nirvana / fc had to come to ruin PVE too, people only cared about getting to endgame because in their mind that's the only way to become a good player.
    as soon as sin come and started apsing game become who ever could counter stealth and if you cant roll on and win mentality.

What is this I don't even....? You're QQing about APS and stealth as an R9 barb, hysterical.
    i doubt we have so many r9 because ppl love playing r8/r9 but for the fact it become so easy and let you farm and faceroll pvp.

Fixed for you.
    does anybdy even remember old T butten function as it used to be used on the map to counter a rpk comming for ur blood.

i for sure dont anymore as i cant see the sin anyways and the best anti stealth pot come from tw....

Sins usually kill themselves with bramble IJS.
    QQ i is stupid dog
    then we can say r9 but sin was the main thing wish destroyed the game waay before rank 9.....

Dude, sin wasn't no main stupid thing that destroyed the game before R9, those were genies... Who DOESN'T rely on their genie anymore besides me and the friends I know that I can count on my fingers that don't use them? Most of my friends friends and all faction mates who actually think they can't even live without a stupid munchkin and are too attached to them. Solid shield, Tree of protection, extreme poison, tangling mire, mage star, reflective aura back then, thunderstorm back then, windshield, cloud eruption (made sage chars less valued), etc. Why did the devs implement these stupid things in the first place? For easy mode.

Edit: Your writing is atrocious, please write properly kid.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Dude, sin wasn't no main stupid thing that destroyed the game before R9, those were genies...

I don't think genies "destroyed" the game by any stretch of the imagination,
    since all classes have access to all the genie skills, except those few specialized
    skills for certain classes.
    Genies might have altered gameplay a little, but since all classes got them,
    things remained balanced.

What would have unbalanced the game would be, if genies had been
    introduced, and only ONE class could use them. This is the exact
    situation when sins came along--a lot of specialized op skills, that
    only ONE class could use. And this DID unbalance the game.

There's no way around it, the first true break of the game was the
    introduction of sins. The absolute death blow was offering r9 for sale
    in the cs. (And I don't mean death blow, as in "game is dead". I just
    mean the death of the game as original devs had designed it.)
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    ponyduck wrote: »
    since all classes have access to all the genie skills, except those few specialized

Just because genies (most skills) could be used for all classes does not mean it is not broken, I have seen non HA users getting being one shot by BMs with true emptiness. I have heard of BMs QQing about thunderstorm which always oneshotted them. Occult ice is the favorite one, would always be used in PVP, this ruined the purpose of using real skill and not some some handout. Sins are heavily relied on gear, what to expect from new classes? I had no trouble of sins then and still have no trouble with them now, you're doing something very very wrong here.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I had no trouble of sins then and still have no trouble with them now, you're doing something very very wrong here.

Yea, I wouldn't either if I was level 23...

Why are you seriously arguing with that thing? It's Yulk... lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Yea, I wouldn't either if I was level 23...

Why are you seriously arguing with that thing? It's Yulk... lol

This thing replied to an forum alt char, very nice :P. level 90-ish sins QQ about my 71 barb, so yeah.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MysticHayley - Heavens Tear
    MysticHayley - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Pwi down 100 hours. Other game up 10000. 20 of that mine. Xfire btw.
  • shotwhointhewhat
    shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This thing replied to an forum alt char, very nice :P. level 90-ish sins QQ about my 71 barb, so yeah.

Your level 71 barb sucks.
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Of course it does. This is yulk. PWI's villiage idi... oh wait. b:chuckle
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • Sir_rusty - Dreamweaver
    Sir_rusty - Dreamweaver Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Why not make 3 arenas on shattered cloud island lv30-60/lv61-90/lv91+ where when you down on to the floor you go into pk mode and if you try to leave in a fight you die.

Also if it was like an arena those people that want to watch and learn would be able to.

Dont forget the scoreboard so that everyone there can see who the best players are over say the last 6 hours b:chuckle number 1 Major targetb:chuckle.

Maybe also a team arena when you sign in game make you one side or other NO choice for up to 75 a side for hour or 2.

Then you could have the best of both worlds PvE & PvP
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What is this I don't even....? You're QQing about APS and stealth as an R9 barb, hysterical.

i am not r9 i do not wear a singel r9 on me ooh you must be one of the jelly fish who see r9 and sht.
    nope even if i have r9 i do not use it so again fail a bit motr i dont like using op gear class to win but you must know it all mr OP race dude.

Fixed for you.

Sins usually kill themselves with bramble IJS.

Dude, sin wasn't no main stupid thing that destroyed the game before R9, those were genies... Who DOESN'T rely on their genie anymore besides me and the friends I know that I can count on my fingers that don't use them? Most of my friends friends and all faction mates who actually think they can't even live without a stupid munchkin and are too attached to them. Solid shield, Tree of protection, extreme poison, tangling mire, mage star, reflective aura back then, thunderstorm back then, windshield, cloud eruption (made sage chars less valued), etc. Why did the devs implement these stupid things in the first place? For easy mode.

genie yes i use it when a sin **** out of steath its usefull as is ur stealth. the easy mode is the tideborn.....
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited September 2012

+1 wow you said it all ty
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Ghoul, none of my fish chars are above 30... bahahah I have low level jelly fish :3. My main is a barb and I play casually. Again, QQing about APS in PVP, you're most likely not using invoke, mighty swing and beastial rage. Learn how to quote please.

Yeah, having 10,627 HP and reduce 76% physical damage at level 71 totally sucks, sins cry about me being too hard to take down and I don't even use solid shield. Funny you agree with someone hard to understand when they write like that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Do I hear server merge?
    Herp Derp

Ahahahaha, you're commenting on PvP even though you've reached never end game. Here's where you can comment your on your in-game experience. No need to thank me for keeping the posts relavent to their respective forum categories.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ahahahaha, you're commenting on PvP even though you've reached never end game. Here's where you can comment your on your in-game experience. No need to thank me for keeping the posts relavent to their respective forum categories.

I logged in to say, I almost lol'd coffee all over the place.

<3 Dan.

I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • DarkProxy - Raging Tide
    DarkProxy - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's not like anyone can take what you say seriously either. As soon as you equated PK to dueling, you lost all credibility.

People are far more desparate for kill count on PvE servers. You think a white named level 30 have problems on a PvP server... if a level 30 goes white name on a PvE server, they're harassed 10x as much.

im sorry kid but you are very wrong. yes they may get killed once or twice and mostly from getting to close to higher lvls pking. and most of the lower lvls in pk are alts messing around and know everyone outta sz. nuff said b:pleased
    You don't need a tank and cleric, you need me b:victory
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Left Lost City in the beginning due to low pop. Cities all were dead zones except maybe Arch. At that time I didn't know about Arch.

Hell most of RT pop is 80+. Barely anyone around now.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    actually lost city is becoming the next hot spot for pvpb:bye

i seen most tw faction near lost or out of lost pking......

and its temporal as the kiddies are trying *** but mark my words with so many player who LOVE pwi unbalance why would pwi fear a balanced mmo wish is ***.

we have so many player plving and wasting coin that i belive most of the kids who left to *** will come back to the easy life pwi have given them....

just look at the over populated OP sin population we have

you think *** will fit players like them
  • patik1099
    patik1099 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    merge servers, have a tw draft to evenly split all the r9s and high refined non r9s

will the inbred devs do this though? it would help the longevity of the game.
    people will comeback to the game soon as everyone gets there toons on the new games high level. i still say the game has another 3 years

put refines in dq shop
    make lunar bh free
    make more pvp events
    better rewards in bhs or take away the fairybox keys and blue feathers
    let players earn high end items through raiding
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's not that Lost City has a low population, it's just that most of the population is in stealth.
    LC is mostly sins these days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    or maybe *******s shouldnt run around kill low lvl that make them quit pvp sever an go to pve sever b:laugh

This.

The bigger part of the players doesn't want to be bait all the time. Even more stupid with the ridiculous gap in gears nowadays...
    Eh, there are jerks on every server. But on a PvP server those jerks can actually camp the people who aren't so uber geared and ruin their day. As a server, you guys shouldn't have tolerated it with a "well you did pick a pvp server," mentality. I mean, the game mechanics allow you to steal drops in squads too. But people don't do it as a matter of courtesy and name and shame people who do. It's not something that is really tolerated so it doesn't come up that often. It's not something that everyone has to continuously deal with. Picking on players as bait is something that you gotta deal with a lot on a pvp server though. Now that it is so easy to level to 101 and get great gear before you go into PK mode, there really isn't a reason for anyone to put up with it. It's easy enough to roll a PvE server, powerlevel until you get rank 9, and face people on more equal footing for those that can afford to and want to PK in such a manner. So why bother with the hassle? PvE servers =/= no pk or no jerks. It's just a PvE server gives you far more control on when and how you PK, so other have don't have that control over what you're doing. There isn't any well you just gotta come back later.

As far as I know, people don't camp lowbies... I think you all got misconceptions, the lack of new players is not because some assos are 24/7 camping lowbies, the real reason is because the game is too hard now for lowbies.

I can imagine rolling a newbie on my server at least. You do one quest and then another, and you don't find a single soul around. You get to 19 and there is no one to help with you with fb19, at that point most people would get discouraged and quit.

Let's say someone keeps struggling though. At higher levels you will see that the few people at your level you meet are buying frost with some zen they charge, or that he is actually just an alt. If our lowbie doesn't get some way to buy frost, he will be stucked and doomed to keep going on alone all the way until he is about level 90, which is a long way if you don't frost, a long lone way.

So, starting this game from zero is very hard, and at the beginning there is no motivation to keep going.

As for the the pk, the reason there is almost no pk is because pk in Lost City is always about zerging. The only factions that pk constantly are Insurrect (and its satellite factions Zodian and Stalkers) and ChinaTown. Each of these factions always try to get more people to win, and if they can't get them, they don't even try. So, the reason for pk being dead is mostly because of disbalance.

Also, there is so many people that NEVER pk in our server. Why? They have hundreds of reasons...

So in conclusion... Lost City is a pvp server filled with pve people b:surrender
  • XRysanx - Lost City
    XRysanx - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    As far as I know, people don't camp lowbies... I think you all got misconceptions, the lack of new players is not because some assos are 24/7 camping lowbies, the real reason is because the game is too hard now for lowbies.

I can imagine rolling a newbie on my server at least. You do one quest and then another, and you don't find a single soul around. You get to 19 and there is no one to help with you with fb19, at that point most people would get discouraged and quit.

Let's say someone keeps struggling though. At higher levels you will see that the few people at your level you meet are buying frost with some zen they charge, or that he is actually just an alt. If our lowbie doesn't get some way to buy frost, he will be stucked and doomed to keep going on alone all the way until he is about level 90, which is a long way if you don't frost, a long lone way.

So, starting this game from zero is very hard, and at the beginning there is no motivation to keep going.

As for the the pk, the reason there is almost no pk is because pk in Lost City is always about zerging. The only factions that pk constantly are Insurrect (and its satellite factions Zodian and Stalkers) and ChinaTown. Each of these factions always try to get more people to win, and if they can't get them, they don't even try. So, the reason for pk being dead is mostly because of disbalance.

Also, there is so many people that NEVER pk in our server. Why? They have hundreds of reasons...

So in conclusion... Lost City is a pvp server filled with pve people b:surrender

hmmm sooooooooooooooooooooo true so much of my friends just never come back on, is an alt or did frosty to get to high lvl...then i dont see them anymore......it truly is lonely and i get reminded every time i want to do pv so nowadays i just do a couple quest then w.**** myself out to the reflection realm as a matter of fact im in there right nowb:chuckle
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    It's not that Lost City has a low population, it's just that most of the population is in stealth.
    LC is mostly sins these days.

I used a Revelation pot one day at sp.

Was like night of the living sins.

Tho our population is significantly lower than say. HT. Logged a char into arch on HT the other day and there were easily 3x as many people in archo as on LC.
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have accounts on both LC and Sanct, and go back & forth, depending
    on my mood that day. I'm consistently seeing many more players on
    Sanct than LC these days. Maybe the ones on LC are off trying out
    new games & will gradually come back. But right now, LC is WAY less
    populated than it used to be.

I find myself drifting over to Sanct more often, even
    tho LC was my first server & still feels like home. But there's
    more ppl & more variety on Sanct. I see lots of the other classes,
    and you actually see players out in the world questing & grinding
    on a regular basis. It feels a little more what LC used to be.

The other day I was standing at the south bank in Arch on LC, and
    looking around I noticed that EVERY OTHER PLAYER AROUND ME WAS
    A SIN. I would guess there were about 15-20 total standing there,
    and everyone of them was swishing & swaying with daggers at their
    sides. Me and the npc's were the only non-sins in the whole bunch
    (and I'm not so sure about them). I thought later I should have
    screen-shot it. It didn't last but a few seconds, some barbs &
    archers flew in, but it sure looked funny for that little bit.

What I see happening in the future is this: since the devs at PWI
    seem unwilling/unable to fundamentally change aspects of the current
    game/classes, they will eventually introduce another class that is
    more op than sins. Then everyone will abandon their sin char, and
    roll the latest & greatest.
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    edited September 2012

Im suprised you saw anything other than catshops. I dont even know how people can merchent these days.....where are the players that are buying their stuff????
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited September 2012

its why now day i belive most player build there toon to beat sin cos what will they face unless the yare interested in tw wish mean r9...

sins ofc we all know there waaaay more sin then any aother toon.

one good way to kill them is put a cooldown on spark and remove bp....

most build sin to farm and 1vs1 from stealth....

but i think they might as well make a new OP classes....

veno was the 1st then come sin and psy....

what the point on joining the best faction it will mean easy victory....

most ppl think i am a noob but i at the least is more brave to go without rank gear then most if not all r9 players....

does having best gear mean your the best or is it ur gear

am a proud non r9 barb player