PWI Anniversary

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Um what snowmen at Christmas that got axed lol, Someone tweeked & messed it up.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

As they decided not to add the actual quest that goes along with those snow men, all they are good for is venos leveling pets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

As they decided not to add the actual quest that goes along with those snow men, all they are good for is venos leveling pets.

they're also great for filling genies and lvling a shop to lvl10 (for tele use)
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Guess this game is dead, Gms forgot their own anniversary :S
    ikr
    It's Saturday/Sunday for them. Just give it some time.

yea but u'd think they'd have something ready to start for the actual anni date
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's Saturday/Sunday for them. Just give it some time.

There's always some staff during office hours, limited as it is, at the office. But there's still some time before an announcement could be made, hours wise.
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    LAST YEAR: if u registered before 30 september 2010 it counted as 1 year playing, before september 2009 as 2 years playing so I THINK that registering before 30 september will counts as 3 years playing (in my case) so i expect the anniversary to be around that date too, 30 september (just a guess)
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Remember that we're also right smack in the middle of PAX Prime, and a lot of their attention is on that.b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Happy Birthday PWI b:nosebleed
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Happy b'day PWI~
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Remember that we're also right smack in the middle of PAX Prime, and a lot of their attention is on that.b:shutup

Que?

Dunno what PAX Prime is, but considering they've made such a big deal out of it in the past, and seeing as they've already lost a large chunk of players to t ***, you'd think they'd at least mention thefact that it's the anniversary.

They ignore this anniversary and the game is officially in its death throes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Que?

Dunno what PAX Prime is, but considering they've made such a big deal out of it in the past, and seeing as they've already lost a large chunk of players to t ***, you'd think they'd at least mention thefact that it's the anniversary.

They ignore this anniversary and the game is officially in its death throes.

Agreed. The first sign of the game being dead isn't things like the community doing things you don't want them to do. Or being all over the world map. Or anything like that. As long as people are spending money the game will survive. And isn't dead. But when they stop devoting gms to the most basic of things, like posting a news post about the anniversary or scheduling maintenance, that's when you know it's time to start doing other games. Look at other PWE games that closed down, the population had been on the smaller side of years but then they decided it wasn't bringing in enough money. So they stopped devoting gms to the game. Maintenance wasn't done for weeks on end. And now it's gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Agreed. The first sign of the game being dead isn't things like the community doing things you don't want them to do.

One sign that a game is dead is when their forum has more spammers than posters. We're rapidly approaching that apex.

b:chuckle
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    One sign that a game is dead is when their forum has more spammers than posters. We're rapidly approaching that apex.

That's a sign that the forums are dying, not the game. Most people that play the game have never even visited the forums. 85% of the posts here are from people that supposedly quit already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
    edited September 2012

Eh, it's always been possible to sneak in stuff like this. I remember way back when some spammer made that many hate threads that were super childish against a few other posters. There were a few instances like that, honestly. But it should be like one time things really late at night not sustained attacks like this. Shouldn't be possible in a healthy game where new players are constantly asking the same annoying questions because they don't know how to use google, and other people are constantly giving advice or posting their opinions on various topics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • phisyc
    phisyc Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Why you all think we will not celebrate anniversary this year?Be more optimistic.Maybe GMs are planning a new and cool event/sale for us and they just want to make us agitated before they announce.b:victory at least i hope so.
    edited September 2012
    phisyc wrote: »
    Why you all think we will not celebrate anniversary this year?Be more optimistic.Maybe GMs are planning a new and cool event/sale for us and they just want to make us agitated before they announce.b:victory at least i hope so.

They've always announced it on time. Even if they don't want to turn on certain functionality until they can get in to the office on Monday because of technical reasons they still should have put on a news posts that celebrates the anniversary. The fact that they felt that their single biggest annual event and sale wasn't even worth a mention before they went home for the weekend, means it wasn't a GM priority. And when the game stops being a priority for PWE it's not a good sign.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Oh. Around here, PAX East is the big one. Hai!
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • _Thia_ - Dreamweaver
    _Thia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    PWE is too busy with their new toy Neverwinter. Every year they come up with a new game or more, to us they leave the packs to give them money for other games. I would be surprised if there was no anniversary events and if they actually do it will be exactly the same as last years same mounts, same fash, same repetitive stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    That's a sign that the forums are dying, not the game. Most people that play the game have never even visited the forums. 85% of the posts here are from people that supposedly quit already.

That's called being defensive and being in denial. b:chuckle

If all the people who quit that still posted in the forums, the game would die even faster. The fact they're still posting makes this game look like it has more activity than it does.

I won't post on my main anymore because PWI doesn't deserve to have a veteran poster supporting their forum. That's a privelidge they don't deserve.

b:pleased

Eh, it's always been possible to sneak in stuff like this. I remember way back when some spammer made that many hate threads that were super childish against a few other posters. There were a few instances like that, honestly. But it should be like one time things really late at night not sustained attacks like this. Shouldn't be possible in a healthy game where new players are constantly asking the same annoying questions because they don't know how to use google, and other people are constantly giving advice or posting their opinions on various topics.

That's completely different from what is happening now.
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    They've always announced it on time. Even if they don't want to turn on certain functionality until they can get in to the office on Monday because of technical reasons they still should have put on a news posts that celebrates the anniversary. The fact that they felt that their single biggest annual event and sale wasn't even worth a mention before they went home for the weekend, means it wasn't a GM priority. And when the game stops being a priority for PWE it's not a good sign.

It also doesn't really help any of us at all here, that {PWi's~Anniversary} is so friggen close (date wise) too the 'LABOR Day~Holiday' here in the USA (& Canada) which is monday this week (this year)

b:thanks

So I'm not expecting anything announcement wise, until atleast when {Tuesday night~maintainance} is supposed too begin...

b:surrender
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I won't post on my main anymore because PWI doesn't deserve to have a veteran poster supporting their forum. That's a privelidge they don't deserve.

Lol, childish much? Also funny, talking about priviledges and failing at spelling...

And meh, I for one am curious what's gonna happen this anniversary. Well, besides the obligatory pack sale. =p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Agnitej - Lost City
    Agnitej - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    GMs pls give us reset scrolls too b:beg
  • fire77
    fire77 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    or atleast excitement cards so we can buy one
  • Energize - Heavens Tear
    Energize - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Lol wat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    GaliNaab here, your neighbourhood friendly male venomancer.
    edited September 2012

Yes, because posting "game is dead," in some fashion on every thread is so supportive. And either way their veteran player is posting in the forums, doesn't matter what avatar you are using.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2012

More like a sign that they need to do some fixing with the antispam mechanics of the forum. That not happening, on the other hand, is a sign of dying forums. Or lack of tech support. Or both.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Lerona - Dreamweaver
    Lerona - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I wish a GM would make a post or SOMETHING saying when the anniversary event will be. That is, if there's even going to be one.. I wouldn't be very impressed if they forgot their own games anniversary. b:irritated
  • sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I wouldn't be very impressed if they forgot their own games anniversary. b:irritated
    from the pathetic post frankie made in another thread that is probaly the case
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory
  • Ny_Naeve - Dreamweaver
    Ny_Naeve - Dreamweaver Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hey all,

We've definitely got plans for our 4th anniversary, but the fact that it fell on on a holiday weekend this year made us feel that it would be best to delay the festivities by a few days, as it takes the coordination of many different groups of people for special pages to go live and certain switches to be flipped. It's also much safer to have a full team available, should anything go wrong.

Don't worry though, celebrations will include tons of events and unique prizes for all, so stay tuned for more info in the near future.

And to our lovable vets who remembered our special day (9/2), happy anniversary guys! b:thanks

Hope this helps!
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    from the pathetic post frankie made in another thread that is probaly the case
    Still better than no news or post until after Labor day.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • WenSon - Harshlands
    WenSon - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    PWI overslept their own aniversaryb:questionb:questionb:question

i want free rank 9 for everyone to equal pvp a bitb:surrenderb:surrender