Soloing Fire as Cleric

Options
StarianNight - Dreamweaver
StarianNight - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Cleric
So, as a cleric in warsong teams, usually i get paired up with the barb to duo fire or i go and solo it. I can solo it no matter what type of head pops out, but I have a tiny little problem near the end when the count for my pav gets to around 130ish. I start to have about....10 mobs?....on me? And they just keep stacking up, unless i get lucky with an aoe and a bunch suicide...

What's everyone's tactic when they solo fire? When there's more than one mob, I try to kill the sac, increased atk, or increased mag atk first and put some aoes in there while i kite/seal the head at same time. I think my wep is ok, r8+5, but why do they just keep piling up? b:cry Any way to kill them faster? Can anyone share with me their tactics of soloing fire? So maybe, I won't have like a huge pile of mobs on me by the end? It gets really annoying b:sad
Post edited by StarianNight - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    lol? Cleric usually sticks back and helps whatever pav needs it or goes to water/wood with someone. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • StarianNight - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Options
    lol? Cleric usually sticks back and helps whatever pav needs it or goes to water/wood with someone. >.>

wait what? b:surprised

I usually duo fire with barb or solo if barb/tank is needed to help with head elsewhere b:surrender
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Some barbs can solo earth or wood.

I have only met one barb that wanted to go on fire (a truly fail Gladio barb).

Metal - Wiz/Psy
    Fire - Archer
    Water - Usually sin or BM
    Earth - Usually sin or BM, though archer can do this. Ive met Venos that do this too.
    Wood - Usually Barb with Cleric or another Aps.

Clerics can solo fire, but its much easier to just let the archer solo fire since it takes little to no effort for an archer of r8+5 or better to solo.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • StarianNight - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Options
    o.o My squads rarely ever get archers in them. Usually consists of aps ppl with me and someone that can solo metal, which can be an archer. The teams I usually run with always asks me to duo fire and to solo if someone else need help. WC teams does the same thing. And barbs that can solo? That's like....super rare b:surrender met like....1 or 2 so far? Lots of times I don't even run with barbs, just have a buffer outside x_x
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I know I was able to solo fire pav when I had r8+5.
    It's a bit tricky, and I know I relied a lot on my really good genie (high regen, 81 LP..)
    Basically, I had the same problem as you around 130ish mob count: too many mobs to kill.
    But thx to the genie, I had a nice strategy that always worked:
    when sleep/seal are on cd and the head is closing in, I just holypath away and get some chi.
    I use cloud eruption too if I have some time. Then I holypath back to where I was before.
    It works really fine.
    You can try to cast some aoe too, but I wasn't a big fan when I was r8+5. I think it's better to focus on getting chi to use triple spark than using siren kiss / tempest. Razor feather is the only nice aoe to use since it doesn't use sparks.
    And I think you already know it, but prioritize the targets (sac assault/in attack first), and stop your attack on the target as soon as it says "Let's die together"; you don't want to waste attacks on it.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Actually alot of clerics are expected to solo fire so its not unusual. The good thing about fire is that its quite spacious so you can kite the head quite easily with sleep and silent seal -done well you can get through it without being hit by the head at all.

The only problem sometimes is not killing the mobs fast enough and they begin to stack up. Try to avoid this by equiping your higher attack stuff (jones blessing, rank rings etc). Metal mage mode is also very useful because damage from mobs isnt huge and you can use pots to cover it when needed. And dont be scared to spark! :D

Its all common sense stuff really tho! b:chuckle
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • mausilein92
    mausilein92 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    So, as a cleric in warsong teams, usually i get paired up with the barb to duo fire or i go and solo it. I can solo it no matter what type of head pops out, but I have a tiny little problem near the end when the count for my pav gets to around 130ish. I start to have about....10 mobs?....on me? And they just keep stacking up, unless i get lucky with an aoe and a bunch suicide...

What's everyone's tactic when they solo fire? When there's more than one mob, I try to kill the sac, increased atk, or increased mag atk first and put some aoes in there while i kite/seal the head at same time. I think my wep is ok, r8+5, but why do they just keep piling up? b:cry Any way to kill them faster? Can anyone share with me their tactics of soloing fire? So maybe, I won't have like a huge pile of mobs on me by the end? It gets really annoying b:sad

Well when i solo metal they do stack up sometimes, i just kite, heal and spam phisical aoe.

In fire i never had that problem, and im always soloing.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I did solo fire on my mystic the other day, so it's prolly easy to do on cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Anmori - Dreamweaver
    Anmori - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Pretty much just sleep/paralyze/seal the head and kite the mobs.
    I use chanelling ornaments and get the chanelling base buff, also the cirt rate one. (just to make the killing faster)
    You should be able to get around 20% or higher crit chance with a r8 weap which helps.
    Since r8 is a glaive, it is possible to crit for 100k+ on mobs.
    Sometimes i get lucky and a tempest would crit for 90k on 4/5 mobs with a r8+4. b:chuckle
    Also triple spark when you can and use genie/apoth for more chi, or get chi from spam heals/30min buffs (if you are demon :p)
  • KuruTu - Harshlands
    KuruTu - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I often solo Metal pav in my squads, cleric is actually the best class for Metal/Fire pav due to their ability to lock head forever and heal themselves b:cute