Wizard Skill Changes

Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear
Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Wizard
So according to other threads, Wanmei announced that some skills will changed and updated with the new expansion. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1413161

Elemental evocation: Cooldown reduced from 10 minutes to 5 minutes, the cast range increased from 24 meters to 30 meters, casting time reduced from 3 seconds to 1 second damage has been increased from 60% to 150% of maximum mana.

Ice Prison: Duration increased from 9 seconds to 12 seconds, the freeze probability from 67% to 80%.

Mortal Reversion: Chi consumed reduced from 50 to 20.

Tactical Reversion: Chi consumed decreased from 50 to 20.

Crown of flames: Continuous effect increased to 200% of weapon attack power instead of set number. Sage version duration effect decreased to 9 seconds and additional fire damage effect increased to 30%. Demon version duration effect decreased to 6 seconds instead.

Any Thoughts?

I think that they changed some of the most useless skills. Being on a PvE Server, I do not see much PvP action so the new Morai Skill rebalance does not seem to be that useful, at least to me b:surrender.

I think it would be more useful to improve our other control skills and make our procs higher on Hailstorm, Pitfall, and (Demon) Stone Rain--as well as increases in duration. And maybe even a second off of Morning Dew (though healing's not really our thing). I wouldn't even mind a change in Emberstorm that dosen't half kill me (I mean Clerics, Psys, and Mystics (I think) get similar skills that don't suck their HP--right?). --Oh and we should be able to 5aps.b:shutup
[sigpic] [/sigpic]
Post edited by Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Daemon_Imp - Lost City
    Daemon_Imp - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    hmmmm i thought there was a thread a while back with a 5aps wiz? forgot who tho D; was it hex?

also... is that elemental invocation? or manifest virtue? sry I forgot D; if I remember correctly, elemental invocation had its uses but manifest virtue was dumb...
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    TBH I was surprised that we even got these boosts.. wizards have really become an almost op class imo with some of the neat things we have (spark + undine, arcane defense, purify chance on 3rd cast r9 wep to name a few). The skill changes seem to boost pvp quite a bit, Tactical Reversion will now be cheap enough to be used as more of a general purpose kiting skill. I'm especially looking forward to ice prison (fairly reliable aoe 2sec stun that goes off 4 times in 12 seconds!).. I can't even imagine how many situations this would be useful in. Crown of flames is going to be great to add in to a sutra combo, the damage is going to get a pretty decent boost.. and the DoT will continue to damage based on when it was casted (so even when spark runs out, it'll still be doing damage as if it were still on :D). I'm not sure exactly how these boosts compare to other classes, but I'm still excited to see these patched in!
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Kingy - Harshlands
    Kingy - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ice prison is also a good way to knock sins/archers out of stealth. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwDAvOnYKCE&feature=plcp
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Ice prison is also a good way to knock sins/archers out of stealth. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwDAvOnYKCE&feature=plcp

yeah I've actually heard about that, there was a rumor it knocks them out in sz as well? Either way though, it is already like that.. don't have to wait for skill changes :P
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ice prison is a worthless skill imo, not worth 2 spark to waste it on. I rather drop MS on people instead of ice prison in exchange of 2 sparks.

i never use bliding blaze either cuz the skill doesn't proc for 3 sec, it's actually 2 sec and they need to fix that. 2 sec of imbolize is useless every 8 sec.
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i never use bliding blaze either cuz the skill doesn't proc for 3 sec, it's actually 2 sec and they need to fix that. 2 sec of imbolize is useless every 8 sec.

What game are you playing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ice prison is a worthless skill imo, not worth 2 spark to waste it on. I rather drop MS on people instead of ice prison in exchange of 2 sparks.

Try and last through MS's long channeling to stun a group of sins and bms who are on you, vs using Ice prison, then tell me it's worthless. It's also good to catch a teleporting sin or seeker, or hit it before blinking inside an archer's 1/2 damage range to hold them in place.

Don't get me wrong, I love MS, but comparing the two doesn't make much sense, since they serve two very different needs.
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    wizards have really become an almost op classI'm especially looking forward to ice prison (fairly reliable aoe 2sec stun that goes off 4 times in 12 seconds!)..

1. lol.

2. You have no idea how shetty IP is.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012

lol? Both these skills are useful imo.
    @Evanera - how is IP bad? lol A skill to knock sins/archers out of stealth while stunning + amping them? That alone makes it worthwhile, but I can imagine several cases where it'd be awesome to cast it, jump up on one or more people and basically just keep them stuck + amped while you ruin their day..
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2012
    lol? Both these skills are useful imo.
    @Evanera - how is IP bad? lol A skill to knock sins/archers out of stealth while stunning + amping them? That alone makes it worthwhile, but I can imagine several cases where it'd be awesome to cast it, jump up on one or more people and basically just keep them stuck + amped while you ruin their day..

Because in order for you to use this skill you have to be directly beside the person the entire time. It only freezes them/amps them if when the proc hits you're standing right beside them (melee range basically). Why are you standing there the whole time? If you use this to freeze them, then blink, by the time you get a skill that hits hard the amp will have worn off and you lost two sparks for nothing and you potentially ****ed yourself by standing there for so long.

Emberstorm works just fine for popping sins and archers out of stealth and doesn't cost two sparks. Yea IP works when running around but the at least semi decent sins know by now to gtfo after they stealth; they won't stay in range of anything. Any sin that gets caught by it is stupid and useless - why worry about them lol.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Because in order for you to use this skill you have to be directly beside the person the entire time. It only freezes them/amps them if when the proc hits you're standing right beside them (melee range basically). Why are you standing there the whole time? If you use this to freeze them, then blink, by the time you get a skill that hits hard the amp will have worn off and you lost two sparks for nothing and you potentially ****ed yourself by standing there for so long.

Emberstorm works just fine for popping sins and archers out of stealth and doesn't cost two sparks. Yea IP works when running around but the at least semi decent sins know by now to gtfo after they stealth; they won't stay in range of anything. Any sin that gets caught by it is stupid and useless - why worry about them lol.

You realize IP doesn't need a target to begin channeling right? They don't need to be melee range for it to proc either, the range is 12m (same as our aoes or dragons breath).. which melee chars frequently enter while I'm trying to kite them. Think more about world pvp and TW than just 1v1s with this skill :P
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    also, think how useful this will be for pinning archers down who just holy path away when you get close. pop IP blink into range bam archer is stuck there while you unleash massive damage. Only problem i could see is if your opponent is smart and notices that you have arcane defense on while in their face with IP auto attack and bam your bounced out of range
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2012
    You realize IP doesn't need a target to begin channeling right? They don't need to be melee range for it to proc either, the range is 12m (same as our aoes or dragons breath).. which melee chars frequently enter while I'm trying to kite them. Think more about world pvp and TW than just 1v1s with this skill :P

The guy who I tested it with said it was 5m lol. Yea I know it doesn't need a target but there's still no real use for it. Like I said in my other post all the semi-decent sins will be out of the area by the time you have a chance to use this skill and all the other ones really aren't worth killing - waste of two sparks - this could get you killed.

If you're in such close range with many targets in a TW, you'll be under an ironguard DB'ing. People generally don't stay in DB range for more than 2 hits, sometimes 3 if they're stun locked from a BM or something else. If I run in there and Ice Prison, I just lost 1 of those hits since they'll know it's coming and/or they'll use that time to move back a bit; I just lost 2-3 sparks for something I could have saved an ironguard for and just mountain seized/BT'd or simply DB'ed and get more damage in the end.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    The guy who I tested it with said it was 5m lol. Yea I know it doesn't need a target but there's still no real use for it. Like I said in my other post all the semi-decent sins will be out of the area by the time you have a chance to use this skill and all the other ones really aren't worth killing - waste of two sparks - this could get you killed.

If you're in such close range with many targets in a TW, you'll be under an ironguard DB'ing. People generally don't stay in DB range for more than 2 hits, sometimes 3 if they're stun locked from a BM or something else. If I run in there and Ice Prison, I just lost 1 of those hits since they'll know it's coming and/or they'll use that time to move back a bit; I just lost 2-3 sparks for something I could have saved an ironguard for and just mountain seized/BT'd or simply DB'ed and get more damage in the end.

You are just being silly, I can imagine several real uses for this skill.. just gotta be creative =]
    edited August 2012
    im with adroit on this one, your just thinking to narrow with it. pop ip>blink into catas>zhen w/ig>blink back out after ip wears off. stops the catas from using skills and amps them while your already doing damage to them. seems sexy to me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2012
    I don't think you can use DB and IP at the same time. If you cast IP then blink into cata's you'll have to stop IP and then put up DB - by the time DB is up the IP effect will have worn off? If you can DB with IP up then yes that could be a viable thing to do, but from how I'm seeing it you can't do that.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    I don't think you can use DB and IP at the same time. If you cast IP then blink into cata's you'll have to stop IP and then put up DB - by the time DB is up the IP effect will have worn off? If you can DB with IP up then yes that could be a viable thing to do, but from how I'm seeing it you can't do that.

what makes you think you can't use both at the same time?
    edited August 2012

I'll admit that I haven't tested combining ip and db. I don't see how they would conflict though. They don't share a cooldown or add any statuses that cancel each other out.

*runs off to poke something*

You can stack them. Popped IP, then hit db, ip continued to proc.
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2012
    what makes you think you can't use both at the same time?

Why can't you use BIDS and BT at the same time? Why can't you use any two skills at the same time? O_o

The seeker no target skill that they can use while running around can't be used with another skill until that skill is cancelled or has run out. That skill is identical to the way IP works in that it channels for a certain amount of time until the duration of it ends or you cancel it afaik.

I haven't seen Ice Prison first hand i.e myself using it or a youtube video. The only way you can use DB and IP at the same time is if IP is a "buff" that goes on you and does w.e to your opponents and you can't control it besides moving yourself. It doesn't work like that though, right?
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Why can't you use BIDS and BT at the same time? Why can't you use any two skills at the same time? O_o

The seeker no target skill that they can use while running around can't be used with another skill until that skill is cancelled or has run out. That skill is identical to the way IP works in that it channels for a certain amount of time until the duration of it ends or you cancel it afaik.

I haven't seen Ice Prison first hand i.e myself using it or a youtube video. The only way you can use DB and IP at the same time is if IP is a "buff" that goes on you and does w.e to your opponents and you can't control it besides moving yourself. It doesn't work like that though, right?

go to the first page of this thread and watch the vid, n00b! <3
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    seriously stop arguing, you guys are imaging it to work nicely and fit in. it doesn't work as nicely as you guys are thinking, or maybe you guys are using it vs bad people. maybe its worth it as a sage wizard since they gain chi back, but it's still pretty useless, both of them skills and thats just my opinion.

Let me put it into simpler words, u cast ice prison and there goes your 2 sparks. a decent player would know about ice prison and will teleport/run away till its effect is gone soooo there goes your 2 spark. Also even if u do catch some noob/sins off-guard with it the chances are only 67% as of now.

About Bliding Blaze, it might be worth it if they fix it and extend its time to its proper description, 3 sec. Cuz as of now it lasts 2 sec and i've counted it not sure if anyone else noticed it. So you cast bliding blaze on someone? imbolize them for 2 sec. What can u do in 2 second? especially vs rangers they can still attk u from range cuz imbolize doesn't stop u from that. If u use it vs meeles : barb, 2 sec of imbolize is a joke...u can cast undine in that time big deal, vs bm: they gonna cloud into u soon as 2 sec's up or use teleport back n forth.

Be reasonable, Bliding blaze is OKAY. But why would u waste 2 sparks on ice prison? Ms does require channel but it's almost 100% garunteed stun + nice dmg.
    edited August 2012
    ... a decent player would know about ice prison and will teleport/run away till its effect is gone soooo there goes your 2 spark. Also even if u do catch some noob/sins off-guard with it the chances are only 67% as of now.

..and a decent player wouldn't go make a sandwich, watch a movie, then move out of range of MS just as easily? Again, you're approaching this like it's a one vs the other between these two skills. They have different moments where they're each appropriate.
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ..and a decent player wouldn't go make a sandwich, watch a movie, then move out of range of MS just as easily? Again, you're approaching this like it's a one vs the other between these two skills. They have different moments where they're each appropriate.

sas would have used ztp, sutra, or sopophoric first.

I just got ice prison (yesterday) will try to maximize its usage this week and put on vid (good or bad, ofc I just got it). These theoretical debates are always so funny. Evidence or pointless.
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2012
    go to the first page of this thread and watch the vid, n00b! <3

Didn't notice the video. Seems as though you can use that and other skills at the same time. That changes my opinion of it being a **** skill to something that can be used every now and then.
    edited August 2012
    sas would have used ztp, sutra, or sopophoric first.

I just got ice prison (yesterday) will try to maximize its usage this week and put on vid (good or bad, ofc I just got it). These theoretical debates are always so funny. Evidence or pointless.

Despite me not being familiar with 'ztp', that works too, but you're having to throw a cloud eruption/white tea in there to pull that off. Again, different situations call for different tactics depending on cooldowns, etc.

I'll agree with pointless. lol. Different strokes for different folks is what it always boils down to. The reversion skills are useless to me, because I can never (EVER) get the damn things to proc. Doesn't mean they're useless to everyone.

IMO, demon emberstorm may be more effective vs IP as a close range aoe stun.

Also, whisper is definitely a skill that could use an increase to the range.
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2012
    Despite me not being familiar with 'ztp', that works too, but you're having to throw a cloud eruption/white tea in there to pull that off. Again, different situations call for different tactics depending on cooldowns, etc.

I'll agree with pointless. lol. Different strokes for different folks is what it always boils down to. The reversion skills are useless to me, because I can never (EVER) get the damn things to proc. Doesn't mean they're useless to everyone.

IMO, demon emberstorm may be more effective vs IP as a close range aoe stun.

Also, whisper is definitely a skill that could use an increase to the range.

ZTP = Zooming Thunder Powder. It's the same thing as Essential Sutra (our wiz skill, not the psychic one) except in apothecary format.

Getting an increase in the range on the sleep or even a lesser cooldown is definitely something I would enjoy getting.
    edited August 2012
    I don't see IP being useful in pvp unless a sin just stealthed and i feel like holy pathing around looking for said sin with it. h/e in tw, in tw i coudl see it being very dangerous. You get ganked and know your gonna die, burn the chi pop IP hope it amps a couple targets while your guildies pop a zhen on the 4+ people attacking you. amp catas while you zhen which i already said. flat out stop catas as htey try to run by you just by using two sparks. half the time i dont need sutra/ults to kill catas. i just need htem to stop moving (thats with current wars and having just one squad to take out catas that really arent great). you could also pop it after arcane defense procs when a sin attacks you either making hte sin restealth which means your alive. or the sin will come after you adn you have a pretty decent chance of kill the sin. im sure i could think up countless other ways to use it. but i wouldnt by any means say its useless. It jsut isnt as useful as sage pyro/gush. just because i use pyro/gush 10x more then i use bids does that mean Bids doesnt have moments where its way better?

and lol wall o txt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    I don't see IP being useful in pvp unless a sin just stealthed and i feel like holy pathing around looking for said sin with it. h/e in tw, in tw i coudl see it being very dangerous. You get ganked and know your gonna die, burn the chi pop IP hope it amps a couple targets while your guildies pop a zhen on the 4+ people attacking you. amp catas while you zhen which i already said. flat out stop catas as htey try to run by you just by using two sparks. half the time i dont need sutra/ults to kill catas. i just need htem to stop moving (thats with current wars and having just one squad to take out catas that really arent great). you could also pop it after arcane defense procs when a sin attacks you either making hte sin restealth which means your alive. or the sin will come after you adn you have a pretty decent chance of kill the sin. im sure i could think up countless other ways to use it. but i wouldnt by any means say its useless. It jsut isnt as useful as sage pyro/gush. just because i use pyro/gush 10x more then i use bids does that mean Bids doesnt have moments where its way better?

and lol wall o txt

agree, and to add to that.. in world pvp if you see a squad buffing.. drop down in the middle with IP and open zhen (maybe IG or vacuity first) for ultimate trolol.

But srsly, if somehow this skill had not a single situation that it was useful other than knocking things out of stealth (which I sincerely doubt).. it'd still be considered useful imo.

I forget who was hating on Blinding Blaze, but I have that skill and have used it a few times.. not my most used skill, but still good to have (aka not useless). It is great to aid in kiting, that 2 sec immo pops up every 8 secs while poking them.. which is actually really nice because they have to gain speed again when it wears off. It's like whirlwind, that 1 sec immo is useful because the target then has to accelerate back up to speed after it wears off. If two chars were running in a straight line side by side (same speed) and one used whirlwind on the other while still running.. their end times would be off by more than that 1 second. Same thing applies for Blinding Blaze, that 2 sec immo actually gives you probably an extra 3-4 seconds before they get to you (assuming they were already to their max speed and didn't get immo'd like on top of you haha).. which gives you the obvious benefits of not having a melee char on top of you for a few extra seconds.
  • Leviath_Imp - Lost City
    Leviath_Imp - Lost City Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    blink in, aoe stun and amp for lotsa sparks? I feel like a bm wearing AA armor xD
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    lol gl wasting apo, 2 sparks for IP, and then dieing while blinking into group of people. what idiots now days man b:bye
This discussion has been closed.