Server Wars: Top Servers

2»

Comments

• ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    how can ppl say which server is stronger than an other server, when, obviously, they play on their server and not the others? b:question

"I still find it outstanding how drastic the difference between the PVP servers and the PVE servers was, even though the PvE servers supposedly grind more."

because players who pk 24/24 mostly cash? b:question
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The main question is...who will take charge in organizing such things on HT?

I look forward to see the drama.b:chuckle

In all seriousness, I think HT will put up a surprising fight, given how strategic HT can be, plus having maxed out gear factors well into it. I expect HT to make first or second, as long as ppl drop issues they have with each other.

Are you implying only one team can go?
  • Reyi - Heavens Tear
    Reyi - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    how can ppl say which server is stronger than an other server, when, obviously, they play on their server and not the others? b:question

"I still find it outstanding how drastic the difference between the PVP servers and the PVE servers was, even though the PvE servers supposedly grind more."

because players who pk 24/24 mostly cash? b:question

I happen to play on all servers, though only on HT srsly. I am well aware of each server's state and playerbase. Dunno how many others can share this with me.

Edit. I actually don't have an account on Raging Tide.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I doubt it will be implimented. If they gave up trying to do faction base battles- how likely is it that server vs server is going to happen?b:chuckle

They would have to create a separate server for this so possibly chosen participants get to build their char (as in pwic finals). That will probably be the fairest way (otherwise older pve servers might have an advantage in more top geared people) and i guess this would be the easiest for them to organise as well.

Be a shame if they did all this and the actual event is just a server vs server tw though. b:sweat
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    interserver battle royal pls!!!b:dirty
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • hollychaos
    hollychaos Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This will start looooots of drama (speaking of HT server only) and if we have to set up a kind of "team" that will represent our server and fight in the server wars, am sure the person who will pick players will be very biased and wont pick people based on their PVP skills only.
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    hollychaos wrote: »
    This will start looooots of drama (speaking of HT server only) and if we have to set up a kind of "team" that will represent our server and fight in the server wars, am sure the person who will pick players will be very biased and wont pick people based on their PVP skills only.

There's only one choice (for two people) to decide who would get to go. I don't expect you to know who those people are or to understand why (this isn't an insult, you're just not someone who's in the loop of PvP on HT) and the last time these two people chose people for something hugely PvP oriented they did a perfect job of doing so. They're intelligent enough to know who to choose.

I wouldn't be surprised (if this was implemented) if in the end it was a show down between LC and HT.
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    what if they set up this new content as an interservermap that you could bid on like regular tw. doesnt seem so difficult to set up. sounds like something pwi would do. recycle an old instance buff it up and call it something new. they already "buffed' tw. lets see if they recycle it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hollychaos
    edited August 2012
    There's only one choice (for two people) to decide who would get to go. I don't expect you to know who those people are or to understand why (this isn't an insult, you're just not someone who's in the loop of PvP on HT) and the last time these two people chose people for something hugely PvP oriented they did a perfect job of doing so. They're intelligent enough to know who to choose.

I wouldn't be surprised (if this was implemented) if in the end it was a show down between LC and HT.

If My previous post seemed like it was refering to someone or to a previous event, it never was intended to be like it. sorry u understood it that way. I wasn't judging, I was just saying that maybe they shouldnt give the responsibility of picking the representing team to someone but maybe find a way to make it the less biased possible, because yea I do think it might start lots of drama. maybe a pvp competition inside server and the winners get to represent the entire server? Anyway hope the misunderstanding is cleared =)

and yea as for the top servers I think HT and Lost City would be the two best.
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    hollychaos wrote: »
    If My previous post seemed like it was refering to someone or to a previous event, it never was intended to be like it. sorry u understood it that way. I wasn't judging, I was just saying that maybe they shouldnt give the responsibility of picking the representing team to someone but maybe find a way to make it the less biased possible, because yea I do think it might start lots of drama. maybe a pvp competition inside server and the winners get to represent the entire server? Anyway hope the misunderstanding is cleared =)

and yea as for the top servers I think HT and Lost City would be the two best.

No I knew you weren't talking about that event but I was. My point was that there would be no bias choices with those two people making the choices. They're (and the rest of us) are experienced enough to know who's good and who isn't. There are some people that we in at least one way dislike but can credit them to their PvP skills. I hate competitions to help determine who gets chosen because with R9 a single crit can choose some random noob going on instead of a skilled player.
  • Exegesis - Heavens Tear
    Exegesis - Heavens Tear Posts: 721 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Im the best of the bestest b:cute

Well yeah.. Will be a hard decision, but important to get those that are experienced in TW (just using TW as an example since I would believe it would be something similar if not the same).. TW isnt just about 1 shotting people and 1 vs 1. its about teamwork, so picking out people that will go 1 vs 1 on every person they see, just because they got +12 gear instead of assisting the squad is a useless player imo.. I have no idea how this will work, but im pretty sure I wouldnt be picked if you Evanera were to choose, but if someone I know well maybe I would.. So its all about knowing the right people sometimes I guess, thats what I think is a downfactor. I think it could be better if the Top 5-6 TW factions can pick out 15 or so people they want to represent our server to make it more fair to those interested in TW. I guess someone in a non-TW faction wouldnt be interested anyways... That would be if it would be similar to TW.. if it would be a mass PvP kill everyone like in Morai kind of mess I have no idea.. Will be interesting to see how it goes, just hope its picked out cause of teamwork abilities and skills as well as good gear and that all disputes towards players that are picked will be put aside for the war. Since its our server we repressent, an enemy of my enemy is my friend.. So lets make our server proud...

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] OH really? What a surprise.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Heavens Tear or Sanctuary having the highest population in servers (and statistically more R9 g16 players because of this) should be winning the events.

Question is will it be Heaven's Tear's BMs and Arcanes or Sanctuary's Archers?

Those and lost city.
    private servers win. they outgear everyone

Yeah... They have less brain power too.

And whoever says harslands are the top because they are PVP servers, please stop embarrassing yourselves.

Hehe. DW isn't that bad is it? I thought they would at least be better than Archosaur.

Dude, you're a non-factor... Yulk is an ALT you failure... Hate my alt more noob b:victory
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphanei - Heavens Tear
    Alphanei - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Im the best of the bestest b:cute

Well yeah.. Will be a hard decision, but important to get those that are experienced in TW (just using TW as an example since I would believe it would be something similar if not the same).. TW isnt just about 1 shotting people and 1 vs 1. its about teamwork, so picking out people that will go 1 vs 1 on every person they see, just because they got +12 gear instead of assisting the squad is a useless player imo.. I have no idea how this will work, but im pretty sure I wouldnt be picked if you Evanera were to choose, but if someone I know well maybe I would.. So its all about knowing the right people sometimes I guess, thats what I think is a downfactor. I think it could be better if the Top 5-6 TW factions can pick out 15 or so people they want to represent our server to make it more fair to those interested in TW. I guess someone in a non-TW faction wouldnt be interested anyways... That would be if it would be similar to TW.. if it would be a mass PvP kill everyone like in Morai kind of mess I have no idea.. Will be interesting to see how it goes, just hope its picked out cause of teamwork abilities and skills as well as good gear and that all disputes towards players that are picked will be put aside for the war. Since its our server we repressent, an enemy of my enemy is my friend.. So lets make our server proud...

b:victory

I think knowing each person's gameplay comes into effect a lot when it comes to making a team. Someone who has been in another guild for a really long time doesn't suddenly change their way of thinking when it comes down to TW and ideas. I know the clash between ex-Enrage and ex-Rads in Karma on the topic of TW was very amusing but facepalm-worthy. People just don't think the same.

Therefore, I think everyone donating 10-15 players and expecting one commander to harness all that into a coordinated effort would be utter chaos. As for the "event" Evanera was referring to, we all knew why we succeeded. =P It's not like its a huge secret that the majority of us were Enrage. In those 2 weekends, we worked with the same squad leaders + commander we had back then.

Sadly, I think bias is inevitable if success is to be expected.
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think George Clooney AKA BearClaw will have to fix this one, Ill personally rip the heads off anyone in PvP if GMs make guilds pvp tourney again.
    Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
    forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    anti-spam bump.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So how would you predict the servers will rank from strongest to weakest in the future interserver wars?

That's like saying "Which retirement home is stronger than the other". The only reason the servers aren't completely empty is because of all the old farts who cling to the notion of life.
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I doubt PWI will get this. If it do come it would be a huge fail if it was only for small teams. Why make something for only the top cash shoppers?

I wanted to add something to the useless pvp discussion too. What does it matter how good someone is in 1vs1 when the event is for teams? Teamwork always prevail.
  • Exegesis - Heavens Tear
    Exegesis - Heavens Tear Posts: 721 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think knowing each person's gameplay comes into effect a lot when it comes to making a team. Someone who has been in another guild for a really long time doesn't suddenly change their way of thinking when it comes down to TW and ideas. I know the clash between ex-Enrage and ex-Rads in Karma on the topic of TW was very amusing but facepalm-worthy. People just don't think the same.

Therefore, I think everyone donating 10-15 players and expecting one commander to harness all that into a coordinated effort would be utter chaos. As for the "event" Evanera was referring to, we all knew why we succeeded. =P It's not like its a huge secret that the majority of us were Enrage. In those 2 weekends, we worked with the same squad leaders + commander we had back then.

Sadly, I think bias is inevitable if success is to be expected.

Perhaps, but wasnt thinking of 80 random people just squad up for a server war just like that, would give em time to practice, get to know eachother and find a structure first.. Whatever happens, im sure we will all QQ about it when its decided what it will be. Cant expect everyone to be happy about the decision, its not like im gonna participate anyways so I rest my case and enjoy my PvE days b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] OH really? What a surprise.
  • hollychaos
    edited August 2012
    Perhaps, but wasnt thinking of 80 random people just squad up for a server war just like that, would give em time to practice, get to know eachother and find a structure first.. Whatever happens, im sure we will all QQ about it when its decided what it will be. Cant expect everyone to be happy about the decision, its not like im gonna participate anyways so I rest my case and enjoy my PvE days b:cute

that almost rhymedb:heartb:kiss