Build and Gameplay Questions

Options
Night$aber - Dreamweaver
Night$aber - Dreamweaver Posts: 120 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Wizard
I'd need help deciding between 2 Build choices for a Wizard.These builds aren't for pwi so don't talk about the prices of them please.The 1st build is suited more for offense,while the other one is for defense.

-1st Build: http://www.pwcalc.com/d49adccb8867798c
Advantages:
-5 attack levels
-2% critical hit rate
-1% more magic reduction
-A bit of magic attack

-2nd Build: http://www.pwcalc.com/cb99ee25f9f97555
Advantages
-1 defense level
-3% channeling
-1% more physical reduction
-A tiny bit of hp
-7% Reduced Physical Damage Taken (which accorded to a formula should only be around 3-4% when fully buffed but it may be higher,up to 7%).

I am a Demon Wizard with most skills demon at the moment,soon getting the ones that i'm missing.I'd like to hear about attack or defense playstyles of a wizard.

About my playstyle i don't have a basic setup combo against anyone :depending on the situation i might Sutra,Demon Spark,try to 1 shot with BT/MS/BIDS.

As genie i am using a 77/100 LP Discipline with 100 magic and 66 vitality.I might upgrade the genie gears soon or change it to another one.Current skills are : Extreme Poison,Faith (Belief),Fortify,Spark,Holy Path,Cloud Eruption.I am thinking to get Expel but i'm not quite sure what to remove for now,and if i get an 81+ LP genie i'll get it right then,unless i find something more important.

About the apothecaries i use there are: White Tea (+200 chi),Vacuity powder (Anti stun/freeze/slow/sleep),Ironguard (Immune),Sutra (no channeling).

PS:Strictly pvp and if you have to comment on anything else about the builds,gameplay there's no problem b:laugh.
PPS:Would like both 1v1 and mass pk suggestions if possible ^^.
Post edited by Night$aber - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Leviath_Imp - Lost City
    Leviath_Imp - Lost City Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    is this one of those versions where all you have are >9000 barbs with 60k hp going around arma-ing everything? it's all about who has more ppl and numbers...

personally I have a dex anti-cc genie
    im bad at giving advice but I like to team tag with other wizzies for group pvp and coordinate debuffs etc

no idea about the gears, im rly outdated
  • witniss
    witniss Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    is this one of those versions where all you have are >9000 barbs with 60k hp going around arma-ing everything? it's all about who has more ppl and numbers...

personally I have a dex anti-cc genie
    im bad at giving advice but I like to team tag with other wizzies for group pvp and coordinate debuffs etc

no idea about the gears, im rly outdated

If its the server I play on yeah he does >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I'd need help deciding between 2 Build choices for a Wizard.These builds aren't for pwi so don't talk about the prices of them please.The 1st build is suited more for offense,while the other one is for defense.

-1st Build: http://www.pwcalc.com/d49adccb8867798c
    Advantages:
    -5 attack levels
    -2% critical hit rate
    -1% more magic reduction
    -A bit of magic attack

-2nd Build: http://www.pwcalc.com/cb99ee25f9f97555
    Advantages
    -1 defense level
    -3% channeling
    -1% more physical reduction
    -A tiny bit of hp
    -7% Reduced Physical Damage Taken (which accorded to a formula should only be around 3-4% when fully buffed but it may be higher,up to 7%).

I am a Demon Wizard with most skills demon at the moment,soon getting the ones that i'm missing.I'd like to hear about attack or defense playstyles of a wizard.

About my playstyle i don't have a basic setup combo against anyone :depending on the situation i might Sutra,Demon Spark,try to 1 shot with BT/MS/BIDS.

As genie i am using a 77/100 LP Discipline with 100 magic and 66 vitality.I might upgrade the genie gears soon or change it to another one.Current skills are : Extreme Poison,Faith (Belief),Fortify,Spark,Holy Path,Cloud Eruption.I am thinking to get Expel but i'm not quite sure what to remove for now,and if i get an 81+ LP genie i'll get it right then,unless i find something more important.

About the apothecaries i use there are: White Tea (+200 chi),Vacuity powder (Anti stun/freeze/slow/sleep),Ironguard (Immune),Sutra (no channeling).

PS:Strictly pvp and if you have to comment on anything else about the builds,gameplay there's no problem b:laugh.
    PPS:Would like both 1v1 and mass pk suggestions if possible ^^.

Since you're playing on an unofficial server, how about just making them both and playing whichever one you feel like playing...why even think about it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    guys I need help!

which bear face is cuter?

1) b:cute

2) b:cute

plz help me decide :3
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Night$aber - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Well using them won't show it as good since it's a low difference and i won't find 2 ppl with exactly same gear and same class or that play the same to see the differences.So far i got nothing useful from you guys.If you have nothing to say about what i asked then why post?Really this forum is becoming worse and worse
    I think i was better off posting on archer section xD.
  • Leviath_Imp - Lost City
    Leviath_Imp - Lost City Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i'll just throw in a casual opinion then...

i would get the 1st build for the offensive power

the defensive edge from the 2nd set isnt really noticeable with your shards, refines, and gear level, especially when full buffed imho, but really i cant say for sure

same argument might be made for the 1st set, but there is extra crit and a decent increase in atk lvl. hopefully the extra crit boost is large relative to what you already have, dunno if that is the case being demon wiz
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    http://www.pwcalc.com/a7fc93efa9a1f552 theres my suggestion, changed the engraves on your rings to double atk lvl.

and for a genie, you really have to base your genie around your weakness's. so it really depends on what classes you fight the most and what kills you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Night$aber - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Okay,ty guys ^^.
This discussion has been closed.