R8 psychic

Options
_Blackula_ - Archosaur
_Blackula_ - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Psychic
Is a rank 8 psychic able to get into money making squads? I like many toons and I have the rep badges to make a toon rank 8 and I am wondering if psychic is a good choice....I don't know how often I will play....ideally I would like something that I could grind mobs for DQ, team up with people to make some money...maybe join a tw faction and play once in awhile?
Post edited by _Blackula_ - Archosaur on

Comments

• Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Psychics can generally get into Caster Nirvana squads, but unless it's 2x those are not usually very efficient in farming (limited by talismans/day). Rank 8 will be fine for Caster Nirvanas but some people can be pretty elitist about damage. If the squad was already pretty well off with DD, I wouldn't turn down a rank 8 psychic. Be sure to work on your HP and Physical Defense, if you go this route as Caster Vanas are in no terms easy on squishy casters.

Psychics will generally NOT get into regular Nirvana or TT runs. These runs are ruled by assassins, blademasters, claw archers, and claw barbs in that order. The only caster usually invited to a Nirvana run is a Venomancer, and the only caster invited to a TT run usually is a Cleric. Unless you have good friends who will take you as dead weight, you will probably not get into these runs at all on a Psy.

If you were to rank 8 and ONLY rank 8 a toon, I'd say make a 5.0 claw archer. You will be on the low end of DD but you can purge with your bow and Sharp Tooth to take off boss hp in TT runs. People will take you to some nirvanas, sometimes caster nirvana (especially if you get the archer 100 skill blood vow), and probably TT. If you are willing to work on gear and refines, I'd say rank 8 an assassin, but the rank 8 weapon will not be your endgame. Rank 8 would only be a piece of your expensive set.

5.0 is difficult to achieve with the Assassin and takes a lot of initial money, but it will pay for itself over time. 5.0 on an archer is fairly easy to get but it will take longer to pay for itself because not as many people will want you.

For PvP Rank 8 would probably allow you to participate in mid level Territory War and mid level PK. Note, Rank 8 sins are more or less dead meat in Territory War. Rank 8 Psychics can do very well in mid level territory war. Rank 8 Archers can do very well in mid level territory war. Both would probably spam die in PK these days...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Blackula_ - Archosaur
    _Blackula_ - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Kerona, you mentioned a claw/archer....why is that better than i sin? Gear wise it seems like it would be the same investment? Is it that you can get the fists cheaper than the nirvana daggers?
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Kerona, you mentioned a claw/archer....why is that better than i sin? Gear wise it seems like it would be the same investment? Is it that you can get the fists cheaper than the nirvana daggers?
    Yes. Decent Deicides are 1/3 the price of g13 daggers.
    Kerona already mentioned the debuffs of skills and the r8 bow.
    Plus, players tend to frown upon clawchers far less than clawsins.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Yes. Decent Deicides are 1/3 the price of g13 daggers.
    Kerona already mentioned the debuffs of skills and the r8 bow.
    Plus, players tend to frown upon clawchers far less than clawsins.

Clawarchers are sorta "you get what you paid for". Aside from the cheaper cost, they're usually scraping the bottom of the barrel as far as DD. Clawsins are frowned upon because sins have so much more they can do than just APS a boss down (subsea, powerdash, rib strike, etc) and by using claws they can't use these skills. Also claw DD is significantly less than dagger DD (by around half if my memory is correct). Clawarchers are the top of the archer DD range on a single target, clawsins are near the bottom of the sin food chain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]