New video

Options
Nurfed_You - Harshlands
Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Wizard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNadaIhDYCk&feature=plcp

Got avs video editor for trying to make video's. Made a tester vid for you guys to check out. anyone familiar with the program can give me some tips for using it.

recording i use:
Fraps 60fps full screen, nothing else checked
i play in 16:9 widescreen in game
for the video i use 16:9 aspect for editing
uploading i had to use 1200x780

i'll maybe try to mess with the upload size to upload in 16:9. any suggestions would be nice.

footage is just some trolling pvp
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Nurfed_You - Harshlands on

Comments

• Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    1:56 - Xbox Achievement earned! - Walk over a small rock before killing somone in pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    your hotkeys are ew
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Daemon_Imp - Lost City
    Daemon_Imp - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    do you use faith a lot (like getting out of that immobilize)?
    it seems your genie has high mag/regen but it still locked your other skills for a bit...
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i actually don't use faith very often at all. i think im going to sub it out for AD at some point. and my hotkeys work jsut fine for what i use adroit >:D

also, i can't use any fkeys as hotkeys. i play on a stupid laptop keyboard and i have to hold "fn" in order to actually use the fkeys.

2 edits later and i should stop posting in the morning time. Would playing in 1280:720 make editing less grainy after i edit?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    seems like pk on harshland is as fun as anywhere else now days.
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i actually don't use faith very often at all. i think im going to sub it out for AD at some point. and my hotkeys work jsut fine for what i use adroit >:D

also, i can't use any fkeys as hotkeys. i play on a stupid laptop keyboard and i have to hold "fn" in order to actually use the fkeys.

2 edits later and i should stop posting in the morning time. Would playing in 1280:720 make editing less grainy after i edit?

You can change the Fn thing in your windows settings. I don't know how to explain it but when you boot your laptop up and press F11 upon at some point in the start up you can change the options for it so Fn isn't the primary thing for the F keys.
    edited August 2012
    Options
    o neat! i didn't even think about doing that. though i'm so used to my hotkeys now i dunno if i feel liek changing them. might add a skill or 2 to e/q sutra/sleep or something
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    o neat! i didn't even think about doing that. though i'm so used to my hotkeys now i dunno if i feel liek changing them. might add a skill or 2 to e/q sutra/sleep or something

You should change your hotkeys.. my eyes burn looking at them b:surrender
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

"only" 2 more lvls and you can put faith and AD on the same genie b:victory. Best of both worlds...

Barring that...lvl 104 gets you expel and faith one the same genie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
    edited August 2012
    Options
    NUUU my hotkeys are fine.

if i was intrepid, i'd look up one of adroits video's and set my hotkeys up like his and ss it trololol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    NUUU my hotkeys are fine.

if i was intrepid, i'd look up one of adroits video's and set my hotkeys up like his and ss it trololol

Hey, might be a good idea tbh <3 At the very least, you use enough hp pots/pdef charms to give them their own hotkey.. silly to be moving your mouse over every 8-10 secs while trying to kite :D
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i don't really use my mouse to kite though. i wasd to move, i mean you can't cast whiel you run so moving to the hotkeys is easy enough. and i dont really use any hotkeys past 7. and as far as clicking every 8 to 10 seconds, its not something that i actually have ot look where i click. i've been playing this game for all to long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i don't really use my mouse to kite though. i wasd to move, i mean you can't cast whiel you run so moving to the hotkeys is easy enough. and i dont really use any hotkeys past 7. and as far as clicking every 8 to 10 seconds, its not something that i actually have ot look where i click. i've been playing this game for all to long.

Just because you can deal with it doesn't mean there isn't a better way! I watched some of your other videos, you left ele shell untapped longer than it needed to be, hp pots were off cd longer than they should have etc etc. I mean that was 100% understandable due to the nature of the pk, but if you had a like say.. ele shell, hp pot, pdef charms on hotkeys 7 8 9, perhaps you could get to them just slightly easier. I can tell you that having hp pots and ele shell on hotkeys 7 and 8 for me has become second nature.. my hands basically do it all by themselves without me having to think about it. I'd guess that it is essentially second nature for you as well, but hitting a hotkey is going to be faster than moving the mouse over.. and can be used while the mouse is busy (perhaps selecting targets in pvp or just going to select a skill not on your hotkeys) etc Ultimately up to you of course, just seems like a relatively easy way to improve in pk without any downsides at all.
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    login pwi (lol)
    hit "K"
    scroll down to f1-f8 slots change to other buttons, i.e. f, g , r ,e ,c ,v

find friend list change to shift + f
    find guild window change to shift + g
    find skill tab change to shift +r

enjoy
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Leviath_Imp - Lost City
    Leviath_Imp - Lost City Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    have you seen Rico click those skills? Itz like on the level of pro Korean Starcraft players
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i think i may just change some of that.

@adroit, i totally understand what your saying that pushing the hot key's is faster and easier. it's more the fact that im so used to how i play now. but i think i'll remap a few things just so you'll be happy! but really because i want to try changing buttons to "shift+button" because i never really though of that. i currently have my fly on f and freinds on / though. so that limits me a little bit.

c b q are now over on the fkey bar for pots and charms, gonna attempt to use the ~key roll system for sutra and other skills. r e are now in the 8 9 spots just for ease of use/reach. i'm to lazy to post a ss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i think i may just change some of that.

@adroit, i totally understand what your saying that pushing the hot key's is faster and easier. it's more the fact that im so used to how i play now. but i think i'll remap a few things just so you'll be happy! but really because i want to try changing buttons to "shift+button" because i never really though of that. i currently have my fly on f and freinds on / though. so that limits me a little bit.

c b q are now over on the fkey bar for pots and charms, gonna attempt to use the ~key roll system for sutra and other skills. r e are now in the 8 9 spots just for ease of use/reach. i'm to lazy to post a ss.

noice, I actually forgot that hotkeys could be remapped.. when I start pking again I'll probably have to change mine too D: We can both go around hitting wrong keys for a few days :D
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I have been hitting the wrong keys all day lol. mostly because i either roll a skill bar and forget to roll it back. or i try to open my inventory and pop a defense charm. or char screen adn i hit a mana pot XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I have been hitting the wrong keys all day lol. mostly because i either roll a skill bar and forget to roll it back. or i try to open my inventory and pop a defense charm. or char screen adn i hit a mana pot XD

hahahaha the joys of hotkey changes :D
    edited August 2012
    Options
    all in all though, i think i might be reacting a little bit faster. not much, but every little bit counts i suppose. 2 more weeks til i get arcane defense and then i will laugh at all the little aps sins who can't just autoattack me to death from stealth!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.