Mold question

Riverwillows - Sanctuary
Riverwillows - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
I was trying to level up my sin so I can start farming some of the dungeons for molds, but I was just told that molds only fall from bosses when there is a tabber, as in cultivation quests. They won't drop simply from killing. Is this true?
Post edited by Riverwillows - Sanctuary on

Comments

• FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This is not true, molds have a % chance of dropping from every boss whether there is a tabber or not. The % is affected by lvl of squad members. Happy farming.
  • Riverwillows - Sanctuary
    Riverwillows - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ok, good. Now another question. If say, my sin is level 40, and goes to farm in one of the cultivation 19 dungeons, like Cave of Rabid Wolves, etc, and I solo it with him, what is the averave % of a mold dropping?
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Drop rates aren't that high, really.

You can check on this site: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/2871
    Just go by the name of the boss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ok, good. Now another question. If say, my sin is level 40, and goes to farm in one of the cultivation 19 dungeons, like Cave of Rabid Wolves, etc, and I solo it with him, what is the averave % of a mold dropping?

With that kinda level difference, you'd be looking at a huge reduction of the base droprate though.
    Expect nothing but coins
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I do a lot of bh 51 and 59, often 2 times each daily depending on how busy I am. I take a level 101 and an alt who is of the lvl to actually have the bh (5x-7x). In 1 week I might get 1 mold, during 2x times I might get 3.
    Honestly I don't see a lot of difference in mold drop chance between a party of players at level, or a duo with one at level and one much higher. Sometimes the bosses only drop coins, sometimes the bosses drop a lot of random things. The only difference I notice between an at level party vs. an overleveled one is that with the at level party bosses tend to drop a few more star items. You would think with at level parties they would see the 'good drops' much more frequently, but even when I did them as bhs when I needed them I didn't see molds nearly as often as I might have thought.

I suggest taking a tag-a-long partner who is much lower than, or is of the level to actually have the bh. I'm not a mathy person, and I'm not sure how pwi calculates real drop chance, I just know that the chance to get a mold is very very low from looking at the pwidatabase info on some molds.
  • Mharvyn - Harshlands
    Mharvyn - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/drop is where you need to go to learn all about how drop rates are calculated.
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Not true, also the higher lvl you are above boss/mob lvl, the lower chance for drops.
    you can find drop rate info here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Lucrecia - Momaganon
    Lucrecia - Momaganon Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    If i run low instances like 39/51 on my sin i get usually 1-2 molds dropped, but really there is no need to run 19er caves since the molds arent pretty good at all and even if you dont want to sell them, it takes a few hours to get to 30 + so there is really no need in farming them b:bored
    Do you believe in life before death?