Comments

• mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    *walks into room*

*farts*

*walks out of room*
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • BlackCalla - Lothranis
    BlackCalla - Lothranis Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The Guardian Angel actually had a teeny-tiny e-peen lol - probably why they removed it and turned them into Scrolls. The dolls were so much cuter b:sad

And these bear emotes b:laugh were like WOW CS much! if you had them.

And i remember squadding up and searching the GRINDING areas -firebath phoenixes, spiders!- to find 'enemy' grinding squads to go PK. War was not only fought in TW in the weekends, but on the map every day.

I remember Belial (last boss 2-3, what's his actual name here again) being near impossible to kill, but the drops EVERYONE wanted cause they made 'endgame' weaps (zerk axes/swords/etc)

I remember hercs coming out in game, and being one of the 1st venos to get it and suddenly i was asked for EVERYTHING (ppl basically used me). I remember soloing a lot of stuff with my veno. I remember solo clearing fb 89s for skill books and molds (the Sky Demon Pearl!!!) and TT/HH. And i soloed the TT99 gold sleeves mats and i remember having a disastrous run that made me cry RL but it was where i got my 1st gold mat to actually drop.

I remember flying over Wellspring Village with my lvl 40ish veno and finding the flying piggy and completely freaking out cause OMG they were rare and VERY valuable. They were like 800k each and gold price was like 100k

I remember one of our faction members, big cashshopper, getting R8... Like the 1st or 2nd one on server.
    Speaking of rep: i remember on Malaysian servers rep badges dropped in fb 79 and ppl farmed them. And a friend had ALMOST 10k rep OMG!!!

I remember a friend of mine making out with Ironman (GM) ingame. I remember attacking him with my flying piggy and doing no damage.

I remember i was lvl 88... 50% or so, grinding every day for hours to get to lvl 89... And then genies came out... and i accidentally fed all that HARD EARNED XP to that STUPID F***ING GENIE!!!! b:infuriated b:shedtear I wasn't the only one to loose XP to a genie that day... I sent in a ticket :P

I remember the XP-scroll 1 hour of 50% bonus XP was incredibly valuable and getting very upset if something or someone interrupted me and i lost some of that valuable extra XP. I remember 2% in 1 hr sologrinding was a LOT!!

... so much has changed lol
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I remember people used to post vid's of Wizzys from PW MYEN destroying everyone in 1v1 combat, as proof that wizzys were awesome.
    The counter reply was always 'lvl 100 rank8 toons are unrealistic, such OP things don't count as a full class example'
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Guardian Angels were called Dolls, because that's what the icon was.

On HL we still calls it dolls, well the old players.

need 2 for FQ plsb:cry

I remember that people was doing it as daily and we was waiting in west asking in all chat to get people for that, 15k exp was so much back in time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I remember it all
    -People would only take experienced players into Rebirth?
    This part is still true for me, as a veteran barbarian puller in rebirth. Sure i could do it with lesser players/noobs or just drag an ungeared sin in for BP - but meh.. some people rub me the wrong way in delta when they think they can do better at pulling than me, which actually makes it worse cuz they're alpha maling all the aggro off of me.

maybe you think that makes em good - i think that its terrible cuz its resetting all the work i just did to make things easy on the rest of yall.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    - High lvls used to do FB's for rep (back when most people's goal was 5k rep for the chest). Still have this ss of my FB19 after I re-rolled to ep from archer. Good ol' days. http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af18/klizzard359/OPfb19.png

-Nightscream island was the place to zhen for exp and people would try to wipe your party.

- Mold gear was BADASS. On my archer I got Armor the Barbarian Shaman and it was so rare! Almost cried when I dropped my Calamity Axe's mold. They were worth 5mill then.

- I remember when fist/claw bms were mocked.

- I remember the 1st time we had 2x exp. Was like...the best thing ever.

- I remember when getting your 89 fairy was a HUGE accomplishment.

- When GMs talking in wc wasn't rare. And you'd see them around in game quite frequently.

- TW was always 80v 80 and most people in it were 7x.

- I remember when nobody wanted sins for anything because they kept stealthing, running out of mana, then running back to the party with a herd of mobs.

Edit: Oh, and who here remembers the old FC before it was a exp instance? Was so impossible and people were pissed when they discontinued the gold gear. And the 85 frost weps were like 40mill each.
  • Ilenka - Harshlands
    Ilenka - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This post made me feel like posting in forums again. b:thanks

I remember getting the autopath option as a full awesome feature... o.o omg, we don't have to search for things anymore.

I remember being taken to fb19 without even knowing what was it about *hey... i got this quest called call of duty... what is this?" We'll take you dont worry, just follow.

I remember the lvl 60 barb hollographic (Harshlands server) doing the fb19 for me.

I remember hollographic getting happy one week later, because he could sell the gold for 190k, which was like OHHH so much money.

I remember buying my 1st perfect hammer to open my acc stash 50, for 750k... in those times chest of coins were, actually, valuable to open.

I remember getting my 1st mount, a polar bear. He was so cute.. :D I bought him with gold, later I realized i should have sold the gold and buy him with coins.. but meh.

I remember getting my 1st kirin, it came spurred and bought it for 4m. I still have him.

I remember getting magic points on my archer to "add magic attack to my attacks"

I remember QQing at reading archer's guide builds, and when I realized my bow didnt make magic dmg. >.< Then I had to buy a reset note and it was all good :D

I remember people recommending hybrid builds for archers, as we couldnt survive the aggro from bosses (and that archers couldnt be tankers... ever).

I remember doing pirates in nightscream island with a barb friend of mine, and getting so many coins from DQs. Also grinding on butterflies and vampires over the swamps. (I never did spiders on my cleric).

I remember the first time I went into FC, we were a squad of 8x (i was 82), and we died at second boss.... by the time we get there, it felt like if we were inside 4 hours.... "oh i hate this instance soooo bad".

I remember people leveling with oracles, and the server calling them oracle babies.

I remember the 1st time I finished gamma and felt so pro.

I remember when the tt90 xbow for archer was the ultimate weapon.. and everyone wanted it. I remember one of the cash shoppers of my faction lend me 8m coins to buy one refined +6 and sharded. I was so sad when I couldn't resell it for more than 4m coins.

So many things have changed and this is soooo old. I liked this time better.
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited August 2012

I remember getting magic points on my archer to "add magic attack to my attacks"

I remember QQing at reading archer's guide builds, and when I realized my bow didnt make magic dmg. >.< Then I had to buy a reset note and it was all good :D.

looool I did the same thing! I was 5x on my archer and had like 40 mag statted. I finally mentioned this to a person in squad and they told me to go reset immediately! b:laugh
  • Ilenka - Harshlands
    Ilenka - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    looool I did the same thing! I was 5x on my archer and had like 40 mag statted. I finally mentioned this to a person in squad and they told me to go reset immediately! b:laugh

I was 68 when I was told about this b:laugh pure dex archer now b:cool
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I used to need ~30 magic because my mp couldn't keep up with BoA for zhens (I kept it as high as I could level it back in the day) Restated it back after my mp could finally keep up with BoA. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    With the fourth anniversary approaching I'd say it's time we have a recap of the events that have changed this game ever since it was released under Perfect World Entertainment. I laid out a few of them from the first year already, but I'll leave it up to you people to post the rest so we can get a bit of discussing going on.

So...

Do you remember when:

Wow, this I do remember:

-Closed beta started?
    -There was no auto-path?
    -People were outraged at the $1 = 1 gold rates?
    -Holding back your damage in order to not take aggro was considered a vital skill?
    -Krimson and Jewels were the big baddies?
    -Venomancers were the bandwagon class (much like sins are now)?
    -Your ultimate skills were something to look forward to?
    -Sets of fireworks cost about 25 to 50 silver in the boutique?
    -The Ancestral Kirin was considered the most epic mount?
    -The website looked like this? GODS YH i MISS IT
    -Having an alt was fairly uncommon due to all the quests you would have to go through?
    -The maximum zoom-out distance was about half of what it is now?
    -You needed to lure dungeon mobs one by one?
    -You needed a venomancer to do said luring?
    -Teleacoustics were expensive?
    -Tomes were incredibly rare?
    -People did FBs for the EXP and reputation?
    -Getting your TT60 weapon was an amazing achievement?
    -The first expansion?
    -Everything in said expansion being too high level for 99.9% of the playerbase (world bosses, warsoul weapons, chrono maps. third fairy...)?
    -World bosses took a lot of coordination and manpower to take down?
    -Apocalypse Pages were a valuable drop from FB89?
    -People would only take experienced players into Rebirth?
    -People did Rebirth Orders other than Delta?
    -Deciding whether to go demon or sage was usually done in your mid 80's and not before you even made your character?
    -The second expansion?
    -61+LP genies almost didn't exist (there were only a handful of level 90+ and xp/sp was hard to get)?
    -The first anniversary?

Well, do you?
    So true, miss the old days so much!
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yeah I remember when you could do TW's at lvl 50, before genie's veno's phoenix bleed was considered OP, on my server the faction Triad was like all veno's, and god I miss 50-100k gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Demaulicus - Heavens Tear
    Demaulicus - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Some things I remember:
      End of Beta boss spawn event (last weekend of beta) Gold being very cheap 30k ea roughly Game was more about skill than the $$$ you spend on the game When cata barbs were untouched inside catapults during TW (targeting system created) After the first targeting system was implemented cata barbs started using birds to hide More teamwork in the first year than now due to lack of gear/people learning Larger diversity on builds back then compared to now (used to be better) Servers had a friendlier environment back then It was a different game before Anniversary Packs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    How about this for Nostalgia.

Doing Full RB back when no one was over 100 and there was no OP gear and you had to know how to play your class.

(Look at that sexy OLD UI)
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Energize - Heavens Tear
    Energize - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah I remember when you could do TW's at lvl 50, before genie's veno's phoenix bleed was considered OP, on my server the faction Triad was like all veno's, and god I miss 50-100k gold.
    LOL if I'm not mistaken, the Triad guild leader got phoenixes for all the venos and that's why they won :P.

Yeah, those were the good old days. I think I'm too behind with all these updates, to ever get caught up again...

EDIT:
    Back in the day, every weekly update wasn't a CS sale.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    GaliNaab here, your neighbourhood friendly male venomancer.
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Wait...i still remember the time hi levels actually go to warsong to farm REP!
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena