Hay

MagicEmpress - Lost City
MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
Well it's pretty much disappeared from Lost server.
The few in the AH are 50K apiece, putting it on par with Apocalypse Pages.
Given the fact that few have low level toons and the only two places to grind it, West Gate and SilverPool, are the two last hot PK zones it's near impossible.

I suggest making hay a token item in the PWI boutique: one token = 1 hay

Well...?
Post edited by MagicEmpress - Lost City on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Just create a new toon and let it at max lvl 29 so you can't get pk, farm the hay, if you are about to lvl 30 just let you die at mobs a couple time to lose exp, than continue to farm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    They should add it to high lvl enemy drop tables so you can get it at a wide range of lvl's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Just create a new toon and let it at max lvl 29 so you can't get pk, farm the hay, if you are about to lvl 30 just let you die at mobs a couple time to lose exp, than continue to farm.

That's actually not an unreasonable solution.
    Is there a market for hay still on Lost? If so, I will totally volunteer to make a lvl 29 and farm for it b:victory
    edited August 2012
    I don't know, people usually don't just get 10 hays for get a slot more for the pet bag? After that i don't think people need anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Even better then that.. They should just make it possible to buy an (untradable version) of Hay ~ from either the {Achievement awards} or {Dragon Points awards} pages, so we can just get all that we need for our characters that way.........

It sounds like Both a (Good & Viable) way of aquiring what we would all need of them, what do you guys think??

b:pleasedb:victoryb:pleased
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    seitori wrote: »
    Even better then that.. They should just make it possible to buy an (untradable version) of Hay ~ from either the {Achievement awards} or {Dragon Points awards} pages, so we can just get all that we need for our characters that way.........

Meh, if we could get every little thing through packs or 'rewards' that couldn't be traded there'd be no point to farm for anything ever b:surrender
    Or just save up the 1.whatever million coins n buy a cage from the whateverplace, cash shop. They were like -just- on sale for 1 gold each or some such thing even <.<
  • zigheart92
    zigheart92 Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    or u could farm the lvl 20 mobs north of raging tides >.> always been what i do they have a pretty good drop rate as well
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited August 2012

In a day you can make a psychic level 24 for farming rhinodrakes at west arch. Thats what I did and made 3mill from last weekend 2x event, just farming Hay. If you go up to 29 you nerf your drop rate. 24 is perfect, you two shot the mobs and are in highest drop rate bracket.

As said above you can die to waste xp, or make genies with alts and fill them with xp. If you let yourself die its fine because those mobs drop plenty of hp pots, which you can then use to get your hp back up straight away. You will need to buy mp pots or farm herbs for mp remedies from apoth.

I chose psychic because of 2 shotting the mobs and fast shooting. Not sure if other classes can two shot the rhino's at level 24.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I chose psychic because of 2 shotting the mobs and fast shooting. Not sure if other classes can two shot the rhino's at level 24.

I prefer to do it with a veno or mystic, mostly because they can slow your movement and I find that agitating when I'm running over to pick up drops. Better they slow my pet than me. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    No, the low levels need some kind of income. Not everything should be for high levels. That would be unfriendly to newcomers IMHO. Especially after the dq nerf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    They should add it to high lvl enemy drop tables so you can get it at a wide range of lvl's.

Even better. b:victory
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    I don't know, people usually don't just get 10 hays for get a slot more for the pet bag? After that i don't think people need anymore.

It's 50 needed.
    edited August 2012
    It's 50 needed.

My bad i thought that was the fruit that needed 50, but i agree with Venus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It's 50 needed.

Actually it's 20
    50 fruits and 100 fungus... I think

Edit: and I think hay's should be left as they are
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Level an archer to 19 and get the Trial xbow as a quest reward and then make $$$ on rhinodrakes especially during 2x drops like the one we will likely get for anniversary. This is how I got my new archer(switched servers) his seed money to start merching and go f2p.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    No, the low levels need some kind of income. Not everything should be for high levels. That would be unfriendly to newcomers IMHO. Especially after the dq nerf.

+1...
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    Shandaar - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    No. Just no.

It's easily farmable, as others have noted - low-level alt around West Gate or 27-29 by Silver Pool.

There's also that stupid quest that requires 50 hay at lv74. I gave up on that one, back then I had no alt in that level range, and even less patience to farm 100 considering I play with 2 mains. Plus, why wasting 50 (100!) hay on a 35k-exp quest (might be a bit more, but it was low still), when it can get you some decent cash?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Actually it's 20
    50 fruits and 100 fungus... I think

Edit: and I think hay's should be left as they are

But you need 50 for the quest in the 70s. I assumed that was what she was referring to. Though I skip that quest on all of my chars now because it is essentially like paying over a mil for 30k exp.

I agree though, hay should be left alone. Unfortunately less people are farming it so it is less available, but like others have mentioned it takes just a day to get an alt up to farming level. I used to get piles of it grinding antelope pups.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Lost City Turtles you can start farming them around level 5 >_>

No need to change this.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    AliceAdams - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You don't need to kill off your toons to keep them from leveling to 30. That's a waste of exp. All you gotta do is infuse exp into your genie. If you can't level the genie up anymore, go get a new one and start over with it. Then make the genies trade ready, give em to a higher toon to level it to 30, and sell it off. Though do try to be reasonable. If at lvl 30 the genie has less than 10 lucky points, it's not really worth anything. Decomp it for a genie cube for another genie.

This way you're getting money for the hay, money from drops, and money for genies.
    I'M 103 YOU STUPID AVATAR!!!
    b:angryf:fume