edited August 2012
    Doing work! You mind posting a pwcalc of your gear? :D

i second this lol b:laugh
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited August 2012

+12 3th cast R9 full DoT
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver
    AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    +12 3th cast R9 full DoT

OMG i made a mess in my pants, Fay you are queen bee wizz on DW, love ya hun!!!!b:kiss
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ... i think your faction might appreciate it if their #1 magical DD would help kill cata barbs...
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • shotwhointhewhat
    shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012

FayHumming always has the best gears possible or something close to it.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    FayHumming always has the best gears possible or something close to it.

I don't consider dots best gear possible, definitely wouldn't be my shard choice :P
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    dots....relaly? completly pointless when you have over 100atk lvl anyways. go g11 cit/garn if nothing else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AXELSCHWEISS - Sanctuary
    AXELSCHWEISS - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Where is full dot pointless when your enemy has full JOSD gear ? There is for sure a diffenrenc to hit a 90def lvl char with 100 or ~160 attack lvl , benefits even more if you have 30k mag attack wich gives maxed out r9 3rd cast buffed. Just becasue someone dosent follow the standard omg JOSD iam more tanky build he is fail ?
  • Daemon_Imp - Lost City
    Daemon_Imp - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    hmm i dun think it was that DoTs were useless, just that at that level an increase in dmg is not necessary b/c u can kill anything anyway, and the dmg boost is not that big cuz of your already huge atk lvl.

what would be more useful is to increase your defenses so that now you can kill everything and you are hard to kill. smn was saying like full DoT wiz vs full JoSD wiz the advantage goes to JoSD b/c that wiz will hit harder on the DoT wiz than vice versa...

... but that being said neither nurfed or adroit mentioned JoSD. my shards are perfect cits (T_T im poor) so really i cant really tell which is better, but it seems even those g11 gems are a better choice (when discussing trade off of atk-power and defenses)

that said, i have killed full JoSD +10/+12 barbs on my server in 1v1 without those DoTs, so they wont make/break the killing power. what i do wish for is not to get 1shot by that random zerk crit...
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    ... but that being said neither nurfed or adroit mentioned JoSD. my shards are perfect cits (T_T im poor) so really i cant really tell which is better, but it seems even those g11 gems are a better choice (when discussing trade off of atk-power and defenses)

I think everyone knows what we were thinking about :P Also for shard choice.. check out Asterelle's socket calculator
  • shotwhointhewhat
    edited August 2012
    DoT is only better when you are not getting hit back or you outgear 99.9% of the servers population like FayHumming does. Even being full DoT, fay probably still has an attack level advantage over any full JoSD on the server.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    DoT is only better when you are not getting hit

should have stopped there.. this is the only valid reason to use dots (and that assumes you literally never get hit) imo
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    lol i dont think anyone is trying to state that dot is THE 'best' sharding...

honestly if full 3rd cast r9 +12 just dropped in my lap I would shard DoT too. not b/c i think its the optimal build but with JOSD you would literally never die, you wouldn't even have to do anything to live, and it would be even more boring then it already is.

and yea this sounds dangerously similar to the players who are like "i make HA Spear cleric cause I have fun that way" but DoT does actually have an (singular) advantage over JOSD, though obviously JOSD are still better overall /inb4some1 says well if u have josd and live longer you have more dmg dealing potential, its all about big red numbers after ulti yo

anyways please kill cata barbs :3 ty for vids b:thanks

• Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    lol i dont think anyone is trying to state that dot is THE 'best' sharding...

honestly if full 3rd cast r9 +12 just dropped in my lap I would shard DoT too. not b/c i think its the optimal build but with JOSD you would literally never die, you wouldn't even have to do anything to live, and it would be even more boring then it already is.

and yea this sounds dangerously similar to the players who are like "i make HA Spear cleric cause I have fun that way" but DoT does actually have an (singular) advantage over JOSD, though obviously JOSD are still better overall /inb4some1 says well if u have josd and live longer you have more dmg dealing potential, its all about big red numbers after ulti yo

anyways please kill cata barbs :3 ty for vids b:thanks

would have been better off staying with regular r9 and buying josds than getting 3rd cast r9 and putting dots. I get the impression though that op has plenty of money to get any shards (s)he wants, I'm assuming it was just due to a lack of information.. full josd with that kind of gear is probably going to increase survivability by ~40% (against r9 opponents) at the cost of ~10% damage (full dots likely won't increase damage by even that much). Either way, if money was the issue.. should have stuck with regular r9 and gotten josds.. if it dots were chosen over josds for effect.. I would think that was a poor decision.
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    130atk levels vs 80def levels>50atk lvl difference
    160atk levels vs 80def levels>80atk lvl difference

so the 30 atk lvl difference should be around 20% damage difference if its even that high. if you one shot someone with 12k hp for 20k whats the difference if you hit him for 25k? dead is dead.

hence my "dots are pointless", just not how i would build with said gear. personally im going to go 7garnet gems and 17cit gems. sports around 22k hp buffed and 20k pdef/mdef. seems like a good survival build for less then half hte cost of josd. you only lose maybe 5% survivability between the 2 builds. At current costs JoSD just isnt worth it. on harshlands 24 JoSD will cost around 3.6bil. tahts over half the cost of 1st cast r9. or refining full regular r9 to +12.

p.s.
    frenzy also boosts damage at the cost of defense, but it isnt permanent. You should look into it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Leviath_Imp - Lost City
    Leviath_Imp - Lost City Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    kinda off-topic and not to derail thread...
    but does no one use spark or have a spark genie for TW? is it becuz of affinity or stat issues?
  • shotwhointhewhat
    edited August 2012
    would have been better off staying with regular r9 and buying josds than getting 3rd cast r9 and putting dots.

Head to head, a 3R9 DoT wiz would still have an attack level advantage against regular R9 JoSD or even 2R9 JoSD.
  • Kingy - Harshlands
    Kingy - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    but does no one use spark or have a spark genie for TW? is it becuz of affinity or stat issues?
    I use it
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    trying too hard to be archers b:chuckle

• Leviath_Imp - Lost City
    Leviath_Imp - Lost City Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    math ugh
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012

TW is more about aoes than single target amps.. where skills like cloud/frenzy are often preferred. Nothing wrong with a dex genie in TW, kinda nice to spark a cata puller.. but it seems most wizzies like high mag genies that give them lots of chi and goodies that are more focused towards dropping aoes. So yeah mostly affinity + stat issues, but some people do use spark genies for TW, I used to use mine when I was part of a squad in TW that went after the solo cata squads going down the side lanes.. just depends on the situation I guess :P
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Nice video b:cute
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    something

just eww at your name
    eww

i use that on cata barbs,
    its on my second genie, the genie i switch to after getting full chi with my magic-based genie

and i got killed by another wiz in tw using it once
    felt bad
    i like potato
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm pretty sure most people understand that JoSD are better. Yea, some don't but they should know they're ignorant yea? =p

Just because someone shards DoT doesn't mean they're fail. You have to look at what faction/server they're in/on, what sort of TW's they get in terms of opponents (numbers, gear, how many from your faction show up with what gear etc). If you're mainly fighting in say, an 80v80 TW of mostly well geared players and your faction has a good amount of wizards that are def build AND they prefer to be in the front lines, stick em there. If you love killing cata barbs and don't often go in the front lines you can shard DoT if you want. That's one example where sharding DoT is probably better than JoSD and there's more.

I'm half DoT/JoSD and I love it for the role I play in a TW. It works wonders for me.

@Nurfed - random numbers don't help you prove your point when it can be easily turned around. 20k HP BM but your BT hit him for 18.5k, damn should have sharded DoT! See? Not that hard.

In the end just because JoSD is the best overall sharding choice possible you have to go more in-depth with why someone chose what they did. To be honest, if I had a sht load of money like Fay did and had that gear, I might not go full JoSD because you're already so damn tanky. I'd have to look at the numbers but for my role in TW, there's mostly no reason to be full JoSD.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    I'm pretty sure most people understand that JoSD are better. Yea, some don't but they should know they're ignorant yea? =p

Just because someone shards DoT doesn't mean they're fail. You have to look at what faction/server they're in/on, what sort of TW's they get in terms of opponents (numbers, gear, how many from your faction show up with what gear etc). If you're mainly fighting in say, an 80v80 TW of mostly well geared players and your faction has a good amount of wizards that are def build AND they prefer to be in the front lines, stick em there. If you love killing cata barbs and don't often go in the front lines you can shard DoT if you want. That's one example where sharding DoT is probably better than JoSD and there's more.

I'm half DoT/JoSD and I love it for the role I play in a TW. It works wonders for me.

@Nurfed - random numbers don't help you prove your point when it can be easily turned around. 20k HP BM but your BT hit him for 18.5k, damn should have sharded DoT! See? Not that hard.

In the end just because JoSD is the best overall sharding choice possible you have to go more in-depth with why someone chose what they did. To be honest, if I had a sht load of money like Fay did and had that gear, I might not go full JoSD because you're already so damn tanky. I'd have to look at the numbers but for my role in TW, there's mostly no reason to be full JoSD.

TLDR version: I wish I sharded full JOSD.

<3 b:cute
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    TLDR version: I wish I sharded full JOSD.

<3 b:cute

You're just jelly my sig is better than yours!
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    You're just jelly my sig is better than yours!

D: so mean b:cry
This discussion has been closed.