8-hour grinding limit: It's here.

Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
It's just not activated yet.

Apparently it's only implemented in the old UI (and I can't go into detail on how to switch back to that, due to the rules).

Because PWE seems to have taken the time to localize it (I mean, it did get translated into English), could it mean we might be seeing this feature in the near future?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2012
    Allowable: Changing to the Old UI (aka The new UI. Vs the old.)

I'm pretty sure we'll see it in the future. They likely left it out for now because of our upcoming anniversary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2012

Eh, I thought any form of discussing .ini edits wasn't allowed. But in that case, there you have it.
    I'm pretty sure we'll see it in the future. They likely left it out for now because of our upcoming anniversary.

I'm really just hoping that they had to implement it like that (invisible to most users and deactivated) in order to implement the expansion that came with it, but we probably won't know until it's too late...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2012
    It's allowable because of the large number of people that insist on playing games on either ancient computers with a low resolutions, or on stupid things like netbooks with a screen that's too small.
    Switching to the old UI allows them to be able to click the buttons to log in or create characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordhanzo
    lordhanzo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    pwi83.jpg

just want to add another blue chest symbol on squad bars..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • dog10240
    dog10240 Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    They are gonna drive people out of this game for the upcoming *bigger but unsayable by name on forums* games with this feature. If I can't grind with my wifey suddenly cause my earning time is low or hers is low then this game ain't worth playing. Lets hope they don't activate this but if they do, then good job PWI driving MANY people away from this game! That goes for couples, whom you will be losing 2 people at once, and others who love to farm with friends or best friends a person at a time.

I'm a very active player of PWI, 10-15 hours a day, and if I'm gonna be limted to 8 hours of grinding, I'm gonna be driven to another game more and more.
  • Currant - Dreamweaver
    Currant - Dreamweaver Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    They wouldn't implement such a mechanic...it would kill the game. I don't think we have anything to worry about
    "Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better take things as they come along with patience and equanimity."
    -Carl Jung

This isn't my actual character...I just like the name b:victory
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Sounds like another anti-botting feature that the China devs are trying to use to combat the botting that goes on in their version. It is a feature that should never find it's way into our version though. If it does however make it's way over to our version, it'll be another way of pwi saying cashshop or go somewhere else, cause this will mean goodbye DQ farmers.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Sounds like another anti-botting feature that the China devs are trying to use to combat the botting that goes on in their version. It is a feature that should never find it's way into our version though. If it does however make it's way over to our version, it'll be another way of pwi saying cashshop or go somewhere else, cause this will mean goodbye DQ farmers.

Well I'll agree a small of it is for anti botting, I also think it's because over there people die from excessive gameplay and not living a healthy life style (some in our version do the same as well sadly)
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Useless for prevent unhealty amount of time spent on computer,as "Hardcore" players have more than one farming toons,and those are the same who farm for more than 8 hours/day,hence,useless.

Botters can just switch to another account as well and stay active "only" 8 hours a day,hence,useless.

Only result:**** off players,good job PWI.
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
    edited August 2012
    Useless for prevent unhealty amount of time spent on computer,as "Hardcore" players have more than one farming toons,and those are the same who farm for more than 8 hours/day,hence,useless.

Botters can just switch to another account as well and stay active "only" 8 hours a day,hence,useless.

Only result:**** off players,good job PWI.

It's currently not implemented in our version. It sits in a dead UI we don't use anymore that was probably put there because that was the only way for them to update the entire .pck.

So I don't see what the big deal is. They PREVENTED something for us as well as are doing something for the TW bidding costs.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Eh I was just speaking in advance....saw lots of *insert bad word here* things coming in our version from China's and I except this to be no different than the *insert another bad word of your choice here* nerf on DQ items they put already on us(Not to talk about the old 20% price reduction on said items).
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
    edited August 2012
    Eh I was just speaking in advance....saw lots of *insert bad word here* things coming in our version from China's and I except this to be no different than the *insert another bad word of your choice here* nerf on DQ items they put already on us(Not to talk about the old 20% price reduction on said items).

Quest coin reward update EASILY counteracts the DQ penalty implemented for LOW LEVEL DQs ONLY. The previous nerf they gave us DQ reward shop. For TW bidding they are giving us a refund back after.

I mean look at what they have done to counteract what China gives us. Give PWE SOME credit.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Quest coin reward update EASILY counteracts the DQ penalty implemented for LOW LEVEL DQs ONLY. The previous nerf they gave us DQ reward shop. For TW bidding they are giving us a refund back after.

I mean look at what they have done to counteract what China gives us. Give PWE SOME credit.
    The increase to coins on begining quest's doesn't justify nerfing dq drops to 1 coin. Look at our economy on our server the price's of things is just ridiculous so people are going to need to start farming at a low lvl if they ever want to afford anything. On Topic I doubt they will add that 8 hour limit it would drive a lot of people away and they really are to greedy for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
    edited August 2012
    The increase to coins on begining quest's doesn't justify nerfing dq drops to 1 coin. Look at our economy on our server the price's of things is just ridiculous so people are going to need to start farming at a low lvl if they ever want to afford anything. On Topic I doubt they will add that 8 hour limit it would drive a lot of people away and they really are to greedy for that.

They only nerf the DQ coin rate up to DQ 31 which was because of the bots in China..... The quests give PLENTY as well as the seasonal Quests from 20-40 pay 20k per not to mention they continuously give free 24 hour charms until you're past level 30 so you don't even need pots. I had over 100k by the time I was 25 on my Mystic after gears and skills were purchased. If they are having a coin issue there's some serious issues going on with them.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• M_ - Dreamweaver
    M_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well I'll agree a small of it is for anti botting, I also think it's because over there people die from excessive gameplay and not living a healthy life style (some in our version do the same as well sadly)

like they care for people or their health

this is another attempt to **** people that are farming coins ingame....and makeing this game even more pay to win
    edited August 2012
    They only nerf the DQ coin rate up to DQ 31 which was because of the bots in China..... The quests give PLENTY as well as the seasonal Quests from 20-40 pay 20k per not to mention they continuously give free 24 hour charms until you're past level 30 so you don't even need pots. I had over 100k by the time I was 25 on my Mystic after gears and skills were purchased. If they are having a coin issue there's some serious issues going on with them.
    I understand about the quest's giving more money but that wasn't my point. My point is not everyone want's to lvl real fast doing quest's people like myself like to farm enemies that drop crafting mat's while lvling instead you get more money. The problem is now the dq's you get while farming those mat's aren't worth **** so that's extra money your not getting. All in all this wouldn't be that big of a deal but it's as if PWE doesn't log into the game to see how much stuff cost's. To sum it up if you like to lvl fast then this isn't a prob but if you like to take your time lvling it's almost pointless because you won't make much money grinding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
    edited August 2012
    I understand about the quest's giving more money but that wasn't my point. My point is not everyone want's to lvl real fast doing quest's people like myself like to farm enemies that drop crafting mat's while lvling instead you get more money. The problem is now the dq's you get while farming those mat's aren't worth **** so that's extra money your not getting. All in all this wouldn't be that big of a deal but it's as if PWE doesn't log into the game to see how much stuff cost's. To sum it up if you like to lvl fast then this isn't a prob but if you like to take your time lvling it's almost pointless because you won't make much money grinding.

. . . .

If you want to level fast youre going to be getting power leveled not doing quests and grinding mobs for "mats".

You're reaching for a poor choice at an attempt to defend your position on this matter no offense. I collected plenty of crafting materials while doing quests. I even made a faction bank for the faction who needed the extras I had left.
    like they care for people or their health

this is another attempt to **** people that are farming coins ingame....and makeing this game even more pay to win

Please explain how its **** people over. Are you honestly telling me that you spend in excess 8 hours ingame every day farming for coins?
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    umm.. can someone please explain what this "grinding limit" is?

im thinkin no exp for grinding more than 8 hours? or no drops after 8 hours? exp i care less about at end game, but if drops stop coming after a period of time - i really would be pissed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Everyone is farming/grinding 8 hours a day now. But still, all of the farming/grinding places are always empty. b:shutup

Most important question is - in China version, does that "8 hour limit" goes to instances as well?

Cause if it only apply to world places, they we have nothing to fear. Nirvana and TT will be safe, where most of you farm your mats. If they choose to implement that feature in our version, and that's probably not going to happen.

Let's face it. Most of the players use powerlevel now, they skip all the low level gear, everything before TT70.
    Grinding/farming is happening only in TT and Nirv, and now in Warsong and Lunar.
    2WG has great graphics and gameplay, but it's way overhyped...GJ to their marketing team though.
    Overhyped peace of average MMO game, if I may add.
  • M_ - Dreamweaver
    M_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    . . . .

Please explain how its **** people over. Are you honestly telling me that you spend in excess 8 hours ingame every day farming for coins?

who said i farm at all O.o

i stoped actively playing pwi long ago...just trolling forums this days and killing time till g,w,2 comes out b:dirty
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2012
    umm.. can someone please explain what this "grinding limit" is?

im thinkin no exp for grinding more than 8 hours? or no drops after 8 hours? exp i care less about at end game, but if drops stop coming after a period of time - i really would be pissed.

I believe it affects both drops and EXP. Having someone in your squad that's over the Earning Time limit for that day presumably disables drops for the entire squad as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    who said i farm at all O.o

i stoped actively playing pwi long ago...just trolling forums this days and killing time till [removed] comes out b:dirty
    If this is your choice of killing time while you wait for the release of a over hyped game to come out then I have no further comment to say.. :P
    I believe it affects both drops and EXP. Having someone in your squad that's over the Earning Time limit for that day presumably disables drops for the entire squad as well.

^ this.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    We coulda used something like this (only shorter) back in the zhen squad days. People loved to hog spots even if they weren't actively farming them. They made up rules and tried to profess to others their own rules. People would adopt group / team mentalities with strangers so squads wouldn't be completed timely.

R
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think a better way to go about this (if they were to do it, I mean) is to give everyone "rest" experience just like all the other games like WoW. 4 hours of non-grind time earns you, say, 1 hour of double drops/exp. Then reduce all exp/drops game-wide by ~10% or so to kind of balance the coin market.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    well if its gonna be like that, i might just quit pwi myself. I really only squad with a few people, namely my soon to be in game wifey, on a regular basis. Our times overlap pretty well for the most part, but there are always times when one or the other of us will be logged on while the other isn't. If either of our's lack "earn time" affects us both, then were likely gonna both leave cuz were already annoyed with the prices of stuff as it is, and we just aren't gonna throw any more cash at the game. We're saving up and selling anything we get in our daily bh runs that we dont need immediately.. if that gets taken away we really wont have any reason to stay.

no income = no fun = no stay

when the game you've spent the last 3 years on starts to really become like work in order to get anything accomplished, then its time to uninstall

edit: side note - stop trying to "fix" the economy. everytime things start to normalize, someone tries to "fix" things, and throws the economy into even more **** than it just recovered from.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    2WG has great graphics and gameplay, but it's way overhyped...GJ to their marketing team though.

I think PWI will see a decent drop in players, but Arenanet knows how to make a sandbox game...not an MMO. It's kind of like what happened to SW:TOR. People played WoW for years because Blizzard knows hows to make an eternal grind for gears.

We'll see if their static pvp system will be enough to retain players for multiple months/years...

I will still take a 3 month break from PWI regardless to experience 2WG b:bye

There is something called World vs World ........... sometimes takign a risk to change the stereotypes is the first step to revolution ......... many real life examples

i dont like being overhyped , i tried the beta and saw both pros and cons. But it's the fresh ideas that give people reasons to change their tastes in whatever that is
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
    edited August 2012
    . . . .

If you want to level fast youre going to be getting power leveled not doing quests and grinding mobs for "mats".

You're reaching for a poor choice at an attempt to defend your position on this matter no offense. I collected plenty of crafting materials while doing quests. I even made a faction bank for the faction who needed the extras I had left.

That's funny because imo defending any way to nerf farming coins is a poor choice and I see no reason to defend it. Of course your 105 with prob billions of coin's so why should you care about a new player. Let just clear up what I said more all those dq your getting 1 coin for is a lot of lost coin if you like to grind. We don't have a bot problem so this change was not needed on our version it just makes getting coin harder considering the price of stuff is just plain ridiculous anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • bearyflair
    bearyflair Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well I hope that it never gets activated, but if it ever gets activated there better be a way to tell if someone in a squad has used all his time for the day so morons won't be able to **** up drops for others.
    edited August 2012
    That's funny because imo defending any way to nerf farming coins is a poor choice and I see no reason to defend it. Of course your 105 with prob billions of coin's so why should you care about a new player. Let just clear up what I said more all those dq your getting 1 coin for is a lot of lost coin if you like to grind. We don't have a bot problem so this change was not needed on our version it just makes getting coin harder considering the price of stuff is just plain ridiculous anymore.

It's not nerfing farming coins. You're making a complaint about DQ21 and DQ31. The only thing it's really used for is for bank slots which you can still sell to OTHER PLAYERS omg genius thought right there.

You make it sound like EVERYTHING got screwed over. Do you even know how long the average player is killing something with that low of a grade of DQ before they outgrow that level range? Maybe a week.....
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It's allowable because of the large number of people that insist on playing games on either ancient computers with a low resolutions, or on stupid things like netbooks with a screen that's too small.
    Switching to the old UI allows them to be able to click the buttons to log in or create characters.
    You need a 19+ inch screen to play without any overlapping from the stupid new UI, but It's so huge that it would still looked clogged even then, and would require a bigger screen size to not be a gigantic cluster****, it also comes w/ a lovely deadzone. The old UI is just all around superior. But talking about it like it's the "poor man's UI" is cool too I guess.

Anyway, seeing as how These small changes didn't make it into the blue UI, I don't think we will see an 8 hour farming limit at all, at least not any time reasonably soon.
This discussion has been closed.