Before i Start playing PWI

Options
eclipsenightmoon
eclipsenightmoon Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
OK the last time i play this is when pwi descents came out and i had one problem. that problem is that the book in the login screen well basically the book that shows you the username and password wont appear. so i wonder did they fix that problem or is it still happening. I really want to play the game and i hope its fixed
Post edited by eclipsenightmoon on

Comments

• BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Nope, nobody has been able to log in for months. b:surrender

Sorry, hard to resist sarcasm sometimes. Have you submitted a ticket about this through the support link at the top of the site?

Given that this isn't an issue affecting 100% or even 10% of the playerbase, it's either a flawed installation, or a directx, flash, etc issue on your pc's end.

I'd try removing, and unisntalling the game. Then download, verify, and reinstall to see if that corrects the issue.
  • eclipsenightmoon
    edited August 2012
    Options
    OH no i was just checking i played before descent and when descents came. i was just wondering if they still have that problem.
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    .. and I was explaining that since a problem like that isn't happening to a large number of other people, that the problem is with YOUR particular installation. Reinstall the game, let it download any updates, and see if you are still having the same issue.

There are many here who are willing to help diagnose what setting or software conflict may be causing this for you, but it's not something that's going to be listed as a fix in any update, since it's not something broken on PWI's end.
  • eclipsenightmoon
    edited August 2012
    Options
    oh ok thx for the help Burn
  • Ready_rescue - Lost City
    Ready_rescue - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Try verifying your files. My music wasn't working some days ago, so I had to verify and it fixed it for me :).
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2012
    Options
    The problem isn't a problem with the installation. It's not an issue fixed by software either.

The problem with the book opening is that the specs of the video card you are using no longer meet the minimum specifications to play the game.

PWE isn't going to fix that. They improved the game by upgrading the graphics engine some. They aren't going to downgrade it because 1% of the players are too cheap to have purchased or upgraded a computer in the past 10 years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    The problem isn't a problem with the installation. It's not an issue fixed by software either.

The problem with the book opening is that the specs of the video card you are using no longer meet the minimum specifications to play the game.

PWE isn't going to fix that. They improved the game by upgrading the graphics engine some. They aren't going to downgrade it because 1% of the players are too cheap to have purchased or upgraded a computer in the past 10 years.
    Who says they are too cheap maybe they can't afford a new PC. Not everyone is rich in today's economy getting a new PC is the last thing on people's mind's. To the OP you could check to make sure your video card drivers are up to date it might not be that your card is old as much as maybe your drivers are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Try verifying your files. My music wasn't working some days ago, so I had to verify and it fixed it for me :).

why fix the music lolb:laugh
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Ready_rescue - Lost City
    Ready_rescue - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    why fix the music lolb:laugh

I only started playing bout two weeks ago and like listening to the music of the game...helps me settle into the feel of the game :D.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I only started playing bout two weeks ago and like listening to the music of the game...helps me settle into the feel of the game :D.

yeah that will change
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    D: I like some of the in game music.... favorite example is Plume Lake listening to the water splashing against the shore (even though it doesn't) sound effect with the calming music it's very peaceful :D
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute