Distrubuting

Options
BlackishWolf - Archosaur
BlackishWolf - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Barbarian
I essentially messed up my Barb Attribute Stats and I am thinking about re-doing the Attributes with a Reset Stone. If anyone can help me with sorting this problem out I would much appereciate it. Here is my current stats with everything off:

Strength:169
Vitality:96
Dextarity: 47
Magic: 3

I am a Lvl 60 Barb if anyone needs to know.
Post edited by BlackishWolf - Archosaur on

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Looks fine to me, although you're a little short on strength. Should have 182 for axes your level.

For a vit build you still need 3 str per level and 1 dex every two levels to use axes. So:

(your level - 1) times 3 str + 5
    (your level - 1) times .5 dex + 5 and then round up
    (your level - 1) times 1.5 vit + 5

So you ideally should have 182 str, 35 dex, and 93 vit. You're not too far off and can correct it in the next few levels.

If you plan on tanking or wanting to hold aggro you may consider adding more dex and strength than the bare minimum, as they'll help your damage output and dd so you'll be holding aggro with a combination of damage and skills.

I might make a thread asking how many barbs have the goal of removing all vitality endgame, since even 150 vitality is only about 10-15% more hp and basically worthless once you have decent refines.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Deago - Lost City
    Deago - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Looks fine to me, although you're a little short on strength. Should have 182 for axes your level.

For a vit build you still need 3 str per level and 1 dex every two levels to use axes. So:

(your level - 1) times 3 str + 5
    (your level - 1) times .5 dex + 5 and then round up
    (your level - 1) times 1.5 vit + 5

So you ideally should have 182 str, 35 dex, and 93 vit. You're not too far off and can correct it in the next few levels.

If you plan on tanking or wanting to hold aggro you may consider adding more dex and strength than the bare minimum, as they'll help your damage output and dd so you'll be holding aggro with a combination of damage and skills.

I might make a thread asking how many barbs have the goal of removing all vitality endgame, since even 150 vitality is only about 10-15% more hp and basically worthless once you have decent refines.

I have totally considered removing 99% of my vit only leaving 17 vit with a base of 200 dex and 300 str. Only reason is with sharding my gears with some josd and more vit stones ill gain most of it back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nothing is true. Everything is Permitted.
    Ezio Auditore
  • BlackishWolf - Archosaur
    BlackishWolf - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    A bit confused on what you mean..
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I haven't played in almost a year, so I could be off on this a bit, but...

You need to have at least enough str/dex for your axes. Otherwise lately there is no correct build, but it use to be: 3 str 1 dex 1 vit until you had 60 dex and then 3 str and 2 vit, but things have changed so much as long as you can use your level axes then your OK. Personally I recommend at least 60-80 dex and 300 str end game. (100+)
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I haven't played in almost a year, so I could be off on this a bit, but...

You need to have at least enough str/dex for your axes. Otherwise lately there is no correct build, but it use to be: 3 str 1 dex 1 vit until you had 60 dex and then 3 str and 2 vit, but things have changed so much as long as you can use your level axes then your OK. Personally I recommend at least 60-80 dex and 300 str end game. (100+)

Steel! Get your furry butt back in the game, pronto!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Steel! Get your furry butt back in the game, pronto!

I would but my current computer is ****, and can't even play on tIhe lowest settings without a book page effect. I miss my 5990. D: *praises AMD* b:chuckle
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • Hazarduz - Heavens Tear
    Hazarduz - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    A bit confused on what you mean..

What he means is, 99+ once everybodys got APS gear, a tanker barb cannot possibley hope to hold aggro for more than a few seconds (You can thank the devs creation of BloodPaint for that b:angry).

So you have to choose between wether switching to a DD barb build (and maybe with good refines you can still manage to hold aggro) or adjust to a new role of secondary tank and buffer/debuffer support.

Dont be too discouraged by that, barbs are still in the aggro management game.
    Its just you are no longer the primary tank (although some bosses will always need a barb b:victory). Your job is still to keep the squad alive, although you do it now a little differently.

For e.g. you stop using fleshream so the sin or BM can keep aggro w/o interruptions and save your chi for devour, so the sin/BM can do more damage and get better heals from BP.

If you see a DD taking a beating, roar and then ream to pull aggro for a few seconds, giving the DD time to heal, recover and regain aggro in his own time.

All this ofc is for after late 90s. Till then stick to your basic tanker build of enough str/dex for axes and rest into vit b:victory (although personally I always put a little more into dex for the added accuracy).b:bye

EDIT: Hmm still trying to figure out why my icon shows me as lvl87 and not 101. Hijack anyone b:laugh?
    Old school demon tank -> LESS PEW PEW, NO Q _Q

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]