The Nostalgia Thread

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I love how you're unbaned after all that bullsh1t and I tell PW to **** off once and I get perma ban on two characters.

If it makes you feel better my BM and Sin on Dreamweaver are still banned
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Guardian Angels were called Dolls, because that's what the icon was.
    Seeing a gold Legendary weapon was an impressive sight.
    When you were strong enough to run your first FBs for other people...
    When you saw something circling someone's head, you knew to show some respect.

etc...

And yes to everything in the first post...
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ah yes, the old autopathing method.

Click the sky in the general direction of where you needed to go and wait...

.....still do this.... b:chuckle
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ahh, I remember all those things, except for the Open Beta as I joined in late October.

I'm not sure if I would want to play the old version again but for one thing, I know I want the old community and atmosphere back. I want the players that didn't care about their e-peen, the players that were helpful, the GMs that were around, the customer service.. and so on.

I don't like this money-hungry, gear-obsessed and rude playerbase. I'm not here to show off with my shiny pixels and run instances in 5 minutes. I'm here to play the game.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I remember looking in AH for some good 3-stars gears.

Back when 3-star gear was considered serious gear.

I remember the first day they introduced triple BH,I was like b:shocked I couldn't believe it until I saw it myself,meh that was the first "cheap" power levelling widely available.
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I remember viewing Sage/Demon as a OP thing. I was so passionate on reaching Lv. 89 so I can be Sage, it was probably one of my biggest achievements I still love to this day.

The feeling of being a Sage Barb back in the day....was epic. b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    My first char
    http://tinypic.com/r/2qn4551/6
    1-6 keys xD
    50k mirages anyone?
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FaelanRain - Raging Tide
    FaelanRain - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Talk about a trip back down memory lane. =^-^= i miss the orignal days of the game. looking at some of the videos made me homesick. btw forum date is not on my main either.
    Beagan agus a ra go maith
    *translation*
    Say little but say it well.
  • X_Dorian_x - Sanctuary
    X_Dorian_x - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I remember:

* Going into pretty much any town and seeing players duel each other or being generally not-AFK.

* Squadding up with random people in the area for endless JQs (bonus if you could take OMA too!).

* Knowing exactly where everything was before autopath came out and giving weird directions to friends ("See where it says Etherblade Lake? It's right on the "b" of Etherblade").

* Multiple squad wipes on Chin.

* ...when it was called Mantavip.

* People doing DQs for the horses and gear.

* Farming mats for every FB; the normal spots were always taken by mat farmers so I'd go to higher lvl areas (thank you pwdatabase) and make an adventure of trying not to get stomped on by the mobs.

* When TT was a fun and social experience. It would take so long on bosses so everyone would just chat throughout it. Then someone would die, of course, and we'd all laugh, except if it was the cleric, who'd probably died five times that day already.

* When having a glowy weapon was really cool and something to look forward to once you hit 60.

* Doing WQ and squadding up with friends who were also doing it, for a WQ chat party xD.

* Doing FQ and getting excited when a mob would drop a crystal (and having trouble finding anyone in the fac who hadn't already done it for the day). I also remember the massive common chat spam for FQ in West/at the Elder xD

* The "new day" messages.

* Being KSed. KSers here, KSers there, KSers *everywhere* but the worst was at Tusk Town. I actually genuinely miss it now.

* Being so proud of every achievement, especially getting past difficult quest areas (tusk town, the swamps etc.). If someone had a violet lightning, I was impressed by their dedication.

* Being in a single faction for a long time and getting to know everyone...grouping up with fac members to quest, do FBs, kill bosses and WBs and zhen.

* When my friend was the only fist BM I knew, and people ridiculed him all the time for his choice.

* Hating genies when they first came out.

* How it would take so long to level but people would still just hang out and chat a lot more. There was a lot less to do compared to now but it never seemed like a problem...there was always something to do, even if just another JQ.

* Training esos, and people using them.

* Having respect for high lvl people (70+) because they put in the hours to get there.

* Being amazed when someone in our fac hit 80.

* Looking back, I remember never having a problem with the leveling speed - it was what it was. You could level with your friends and you'd actually still level together, not log in one day and see they've jumped 10+ levels.

* Having to pick which skills to get very carefully because not only would you run out of SP but you'd have a bit of a wait 'til you could get another.

* People advertising their FB squads on WC.
  • kenpachikensai
    kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    -Actually seeing more than 5 ppl questing [and usually forming squads]
    -Spamming beginning areas for FB's to gain Reputation
    -General Summer's Weapons were not time limited and were actually considered good
    -Finding loads of 3* in Auction House with some good to great adds
    -My best finding was a godly 3* Rocking Thunder Helmet w/ PRes +167, HP +120, Requirement -10% for a friend's Archer [way before Warsouls became so common]
    -Found and bought Shining Snow Helm for 3m
    -When Flyers and Mounts were actually introduced directly into the Boutique rather than in Packs
    -When anyone who had TT99 was godlike
    -When anyone that was 100 was godlike
    -When any barb with over 10k HP was godlike
    -When anyone with over 5k HP was incredible
    -When 4 sockets was unheard of, and was considered extremely lucky [it still is somewhat]
    -Rank 8 was near impossible to achieve
    -When my guild actually had Mold runs in instances

There's just so much...
  • _rekresreb - Dreamweaver
    _rekresreb - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    need 2 for FQ plsb:cry
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I remember looking in AH for some good 3-stars gears.

Back when 3-star gear was considered serious gear.

I remember the first day they introduced triple BH,I was like b:shocked I couldn't believe it until I saw it myself,meh that was the first "cheap" power levelling widely available.

I remember when BH first came out {during that first short Glitched period of time (b4 the ADMINs noticed)} and me and some friends squaded up and noticed that it didn't seem to have a limit too them, so we kept doin them on the '1st day' too see how many runs the limiter was set on??!!??b:dirtyb:chuckle

Most of us quit after a while, outta pure repetitive DrOnInG BoReDoM and sadly because we didn't truely get what a total (XP Blessing) that the BH run concept was initially (in its original glitched state)....b:pleased

Thank god, they fixed that 1 real quick! Because that 1 woulda made the {FC~glitch} look like nothing at all, had it kept going on.......b:laugh
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I know I want the old community and atmosphere back. I want the players that didn't care about their e-peen, the players that were helpful, the GMs that were around, the customer service.. and so on.

I don't like this money-hungry, gear-obsessed and rude playerbase. I'm not here to show off with my shiny pixels and run instances in 5 minutes. I'm here to play the game.

Le sigh... b:sad

Me too, Me too....
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    need 2 for FQ plsb:cry

FQ used to be a daily.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • MostoRos - Heavens Tear
    MostoRos - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    all of it except beta
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I remember most of it. Also:

-- at one point servers had to reset due to overload, it was during the very first week maybe? I was doing an FB19 with a squad and there was a system message reading "the servers will be back in 5 minutes!" or something like that; b:chuckle
    -- people offering help for FBs in starter cities and world chat;
    -- when all whispers were pink;
    -- when the chat system didn't have all the flashy colors and tags.

Nostalgia sure is a powerful thing. ;___;
  • CAZE - Dreamweaver
    CAZE - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i remember:

-holypath was aoe skill b:victory
    -mold-drop was incredible luck and many money
    -no high-lvl-noobsb :shutup
  • laulupullo
    laulupullo Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i only remember from CB that they gave us free gold and i used em to fireworks :P
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2012
    Ahh, I remember all those things, except for the Open Beta as I joined in late October.

I'm not sure if I would want to play the old version again but for one thing, I know I want the old community and atmosphere back. I want the players that didn't care about their e-peen, the players that were helpful, the GMs that were around, the customer service.. and so on.

Yes, that is what I miss the most.
    Sure gear mattered, you wanted to have as much 3* or Legendary gear as you could get.
    Being level 90 at that time was god-like.
    I remember it took us almost a month to get a squad together that could do BH69, (and this was including our cash-shopping friends in Nefarious), and when we did, we just ran 69 over and over for people all night because we had a cleric and a tank that could do it.

I remember having to fight against KS'ers and squad people to do quest mobs, because people actually did their quests.

West Arch wasn't over-crowded, and we complained when gold reached 114k.

I could live with the failing economy, the bugs that have never been fixed, and the hyper-noobs if the majority of the community was like it was then.

Unfortunately these days it's about e-peen, and most of the e-peen is hyper noobs that don't actually know how to play the game. PvP is a joke, as are TW's and trying to get a random squad for just about anything.

Sadly, the game is pretty much dead to most of us because of this. I know I shall be taking my leave shortly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Meeeowwwwww - Lost City
    Meeeowwwwww - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I remember all. It was ... wonderful ...b:surrenderb:kissb:dirtyb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you need me, just Meeeeoowwwwwww!
    b:dirty
  • laulupullo
    edited August 2012
    Yes, that is what I miss the most.
    Sure gear mattered, you wanted to have as much 3* or Legendary gear as you could get.
    Being level 90 at that time was god-like.
    I remember it took us almost a month to get a squad together that could do BH69, (and this was including our cash-shopping friends in Nefarious), and when we did, we just ran 69 over and over for people all night because we had a cleric and a tank that could do it.

I remember having to fight against KS'ers and squad people to do quest mobs, because people actually did their quests.

West Arch wasn't over-crowded, and we complained when gold reached 114k.

I could live with the failing economy, the bugs that have never been fixed, and the hyper-noobs if the majority of the community was like it was then.

Unfortunately these days it's about e-peen, and most of the e-peen is hyper noobs that don't actually know how to play the game. PvP is a joke, as are TW's and trying to get a random squad for just about anything.

Sadly, the game is pretty much dead to most of us because of this. I know I shall be taking my leave shortly.

PvP has been always joke in PWI ^^ and PWI is still in beta ..p2p version is far away from PWI since u all ppl are beta testers for them :P..but in the end i dun care :D

but i agree SylenThunder =)
  • Azizsixer - Raging Tide
    Azizsixer - Raging Tide Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Sighhh I remember starting off with my wizzie on Sanct server and actually making my own nabby gear.

Mobs being a pain in the **** if they were a lvl or 2 higher.

I didnt even knw about gold til much later and was amazed to see it for ~200k

Ahh yes! The good ole days...Remember thinking how awesome it would be to learn BIDS on my wizze and kept looking forward to it!

Nostalgia ftwb:surrender
  • laulupullo
    edited August 2012
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    laulupullo wrote: »

Only playing about a year and a half, but I remember when starter cities were still populated with new players. Ahh...those were the days! I really miss that. b:shutup

Also, when I started playing, I thought the Kirin and Raptor were the most awesome looking mounts, even tho the Chronokey Bike was THE mount to have at that point. b:victory
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    That time when all the mobs were friendly and wouldn't aggro if you walked too close to them. I WANT IT BACK EVEN THO IT WAS A GLITCH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • yamx1
    yamx1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Lets say I am way gone and my accounts are closed.

But watching one of the "new" upcoming mmos PW is releasing I wanted to check what PW looked like now, and, yet, they're sucking everyone's money.

This is sad, as I said way back.

I remember all of these, the way was perfect, until they started with their money starving wave of updates since anniv 1.

I will point out what screwed the game:
    1. "Luck" packs
    2. Genies
    3. Gear sales
    4. FF
    5. Nirvana
    6. Tideborns
    7. Earthguards
    8. Gear sale
    9. Gems sale
    10. BHs
    11. Crazy stone
    12. WQ
    13. Duke Blake
    14. Herc and nix oversale

This, was an epic game, but it is the first time I see the administration of an MMO change treat their customers like trash.

Good relief though, I got a new game coming up on saturday.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2012
    That time when all the mobs were friendly and wouldn't aggro if you walked too close to them. I WANT IT BACK EVEN THO IT WAS A GLITCH

I always figured they did it on purpose for the flood of low level hyper noobs they were expecting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I remember pretty much all of it too. Levelling my first character (this one) was huge fun, each new skill and level was an achievement. I remember saving for ages and spending 3.5m for calamities and 15m on tt80 green and feeling badass. I remember bosses and fb's being faction outings, with the tank usually being 40-70 and everyone coming along just for the fun of it.

Now I just can't bring myself to log on anymore. I've literally run each BH100 hundreds of times now, it seems to be pretty much the only thing left that anyone does in the game. Faction is mostly quiet, wc is even quieter. People running TT's or full deltas is very rare. World bosses are all farmed within minutes of spawning by the big factions. Vana is only run during 2x. I don't even get new players asking for help on bosses any more.
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    A few things you forgot on the list:
    Remember when there were no packs?
    Nor was there such thing as spawn point Delta.
    Remember when there were no hypers?
    I do, and never used hypers on my first 4 characters, which holds true to this day.

I also remember my FB51 taking 6 hours to complete. b:laugh b:laugh b:laugh
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • ShadowIH - Raging Tide
    ShadowIH - Raging Tide Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I remember days when my character (not this) fell through the hole in the bridge near Etherblade city (first steps).

Then he tried to climb up a rocky slope back to the city and stuck in those slope.

Finally I asked support team to help me and they moved my character from those place.

Also I remember how my first character was wondering near entrance of Firecrag grotto, what to do with those stone mobs standing nearby and those blademaster who asked me if I have tab. Looking in my inventory for tab (wondering what is this and is this consumable item), I asked him if he can kill those stone mobs. He jumped down from the stone he was above and had killed one of them. Seeing how easy he did it, I said that I will do this quest later.