Once again, an endgame gear suggestion thread.

d0pey
d0pey Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Archer
Hello all, I've previously returned from a year's hiatus and the economy situation has gotten worse. I see r9s running around and even fcc and nv runs require squad members to have r9 weps or the likes. I've had a sin as an alt and an archer as my main, but honestly I don't see many archers on LC anymore, it's kinda creepyb:cry I like the sin character for its stealth, but I can't bear to leave my archer behind. Due to monetary constraints, I plan to only focus on my archer in the end, hence I would like to know what kind of gear and weapon would be affordable yet effective for surviving in the game? My archer is currently lvl 95 now, so please give me some suggestions. And I do not think I'd be able to afford rank gears so kindly skip that option. Thanks a million!b:surrender
To act is to live.
Post edited by d0pey on

Comments

• _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Most of the info you'd need is in the stickies, but just to make it easier, here's a link to a useful thread Archer Endgame Builds
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Save your money and buy a Collecters Edition G.W.2 copy.
  • d0pey
    edited August 2012
    Most of the info you'd need is in the stickies, but just to make it easier, here's a link to a useful thread Archer Endgame Builds

I've read that, but it actually suggested heaven shatterer(CV bow) as the endgame weapon. And then goes back to cheap r8 again, which I can't afford. So yeah, kinda confused right now. b:shockedb:sad
    To act is to live.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I am sorry to say , but if you cannot afford R8...I just have such few words left...

That is pretty much the bare minimum that people at level 100 have b:surrender
  • d0pey
    edited August 2012
    Oh... that is sad.b:sad
    To act is to live.
  • kenpachikensai
    kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    d0pey wrote: »
    I've read that, but it actually suggested heaven shatterer(CV bow) as the endgame weapon. And then goes back to cheap r8 again, which I can't afford. So yeah, kinda confused right now. b:shockedb:sad

what are you able to afford? are you in a faction? does said faction do TT runs? do they do NV runs? are you able to join random NV squads?

This is a decent non-R8 Build. Completely farmable if you do TT runs

Rank 8 is a little less than 80m and is quite beneficial

If you absolutely can not afford R8 and have little time to farm/do TT runs, then you can resort to using full molds/OHT/3* b:shutupb:shocked

If anything, for a little under 50m, you can have a good PvE build. It just requires you to be 101, and a long time to build Morai Order Prestige [you would also be able to obtain the new Morai skills as well in the process]

Heaven Shatterer is the best pre-R8/R9/NV bow.
  • d0pey
    edited August 2012
    what are you able to afford? are you in a faction? does said faction do TT runs? do they do NV runs? are you able to join random NV squads?

This is a decent non-R8 Build. Completely farmable if you do TT runs

Rank 8 is a little less than 80m and is quite beneficial

If you absolutely can not afford R8 and have little time to farm/do TT runs, then you can resort to using full molds/OHT/3* b:shutupb:shocked

If anything, for a little under 50m, you can have a good PvE build. It just requires you to be 101, and a long time to build Morai Order Prestige [you would also be able to obtain the new Morai skills as well in the process]

Heaven Shatterer is the best pre-R8/R9/NV bow.

I was actually trying to go for a build(in aspects of gear and wep wise) more towards pvp. Thank you, the build for the first one seems average, whereas the last build seems pretty..... forced(non TT gears) lol. I was actually just thinking of just going with a heaven shatterer; and r8 wise, I've seen debates that if you decide to go r8 you should go for r9 instead or, next. So, this preposition makes me pretty perplexed, and I definitely do not wanna spend a bomb on this haha.

I'm not in a faction, never did nv runs. So, I don't know what I should invest inb:sadb:cry

My build is something like this, can't remember the exact stats on my attributes, but it's very close.
    http://pwcalc.com/ff2fb0b13c827a25

Please advise :D
    To act is to live.
  • kenpachikensai
    edited August 2012
    I was actually trying to go for a build(in aspects of gear and wep wise) more towards pvp. Thank you, the build for the first one seems average, whereas the last build seems pretty..... forced(non TT gears) lol. I was actually just thinking of just going with a heaven shatterer; and r8 wise, I've seen debates that if you decide to go r8 you should go for r9 instead or, next. So, this preposition makes me pretty perplexed, and I definitely do not wanna spend a bomb on this haha.

I'm not in a faction, never did nv runs. So, I don't know what I should invest inb:sadb:cry

My build is something like this, can't remember the exact stats on my attributes, but it's very close.
    http://pwcalc.com/ff2fb0b13c827a25

Please advise :D

i see. you didn't mention in the original post that you wanted this build to be focused towards PvP. The last build is strictly PvE, unless you were talking about the Mold/OHT/3* build...

in that case, this one probably seems more appropriate. Keep in mind, for PvP, a Misty Forest Ring [or two] might help out due to the added Accuracy. I'm against using Helm of Aqua Viciousness, but it does a pretty good job at providing HP to LA users.

Also, try to finish your culti and get the OHT Map 4 belt.
  • d0pey
    edited August 2012
    i see. you didn't mention in the original post that you wanted this build to be focused towards PvP. The last build is strictly PvE, unless you were talking about the Mold/OHT/3* build...

in that case, this one probably seems more appropriate. Keep in mind, for PvP, a Misty Forest Ring [or two] might help out due to the added Accuracy. I'm against using Helm of Aqua Viciousness, but it does a pretty good job at providing HP to LA users.

Also, try to finish your culti and get the OHT Map 4 belt.

Ahh thanks alot, damn, the ashura gears are gonna cost a bomb as well. And heaven shatterer? Hmmm I think these adds up to almost the price of r8, yes?
    To act is to live.
  • kenpachikensai
    edited August 2012
    Ahh thanks alot, damn, the ashura gears are gonna cost a bomb as well. And heaven shatterer? Hmmm I think these adds up to almost the price of r8, yes?

yes. Heaven Shatterer is already about 30m-ish. If you're planning to buy all the mats, Ashura's comes up to around 100m. Ashura's Armor being the most expensive piece. Here's a comparison: Ashura's vs R8 just open them side by side and compare the stats.

If you can farm the full armor set of Ashura's, then yeah, the Ashura's build is the cheaper way to go. but statistically, and price wise, R8 would be more beneficial. And don't worry about anyone egging you to get R9. R8 is generally accepted as end game.
  • d0pey
    edited August 2012
    yes. Heaven Shatterer is already about 30m-ish. If you're planning to buy all the mats, Ashura's comes up to around 100m. Ashura's Armor being the most expensive piece. Here's a comparison: Ashura's vs R8 just open them side by side and compare the stats.

If you can farm the full armor set of Ashura's, then yeah, the Ashura's build is the cheaper way to go. but statistically, and price wise, R8 would be more beneficial. And don't worry about anyone egging you to get R9. R8 is generally accepted as end game.

Just wanna thank you again for the helpful response. However, which refine level would be the minimum if i go for r8? Hopefully it isn't +10....b:surrender
    To act is to live.
  • Thunderbow - Momaganon
    Thunderbow - Momaganon Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    its +3 or +5 +5 is possible to do without d orbs +7 is too but i dont recomend it i was stupid and sused 40m to +7 my r8 bow with tisha''s and tienkang
  • d0pey
    edited August 2012
    its +3 or +5 +5 is possible to do without d orbs +7 is too but i dont recomend it i was stupid and sused 40m to +7 my r8 bow with tisha''s and tienkang

Ahhh i know about the tragedies of refining anything in there :( So it's okay if it isn't refined to the high side uh? Thank you so much!b:cute
    To act is to live.
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ahhh i know about the tragedies of refining anything in there :( So it's okay if it isn't refined to the high side uh? Thank you so much!b:cute

+4 with mirages and try Tienkang for +5. You can go higher if you like, but expect some failure if you do.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • d0pey
    edited August 2012
    +4 with mirages and try Tienkang for +5. You can go higher if you like, but expect some failure if you do.

Thank you b:thanks
    To act is to live.
  • Crematory - Lost City
    Crematory - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    For archer I absolutely recomand R8. At start I was thinking too on ashuras set and nv and stuff but my main plan was to make a "apps" archer who can wear some parts from my bm too (to not spend money without reason) and now Im absolutely satisfied. I just miss the NV pants for apps but it doesnt really disturbs me, with claws Im 4.0 unsparked 5.0 with spark and thanks to my main with +10 Deicides Im a badass DD at bosses, I must check the squads weapons to not aggro and kill myself. And R8 Bow is a blessing...I know CV bow addon is nice but believe me R8 bow normal attack devours. Mine is +8 yet I planned to make R8 recast but decided to + 10 this one and its enuff. U dont need more