Mystic summons VS Veno pets

rynish
rynish Posts: 5 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Mystic
That as in the title did Summons is better than pets?I mean the damage of skills hp def and other.Ofc taming and other types(fly,water,ground)is not problem.Expecialy in mid lvl 40-80 who have better support(pets,summond) not plants cuz im only using one plant.Btw mystic is a mana burner and that can be problem,veno using a very small amount of mana so i want know ur opinion and experience.

*As mystic ima only use devil and storm mistres.And as veno i mean normal/rare pets NOT legendary like herc and nix!
Post edited by rynish on

Comments

• Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Damn that was hard to read ....

1st of all , if u want to be a good mystic you need to be using all summons and all plants , just to clear this out.

Summons and pets are part of 2 different classes , no clear winner but in short.

Summons
    + Their stats depends on skill lvl and gear of their masters (that can be bad sometimes)
    + Superior DD potential especially for Storm Mistress and Cragglord. Out dmgs pets
    + They lvl automatically , no bother for the player
    + All terrain , no place restrictions

- Cost MP , till lvl 75 , this is a hassle for most Mystics
    - Frail , their defences are **** compared to any Venomancer tank pet (1 shot fodder in PVP)
    - Restricted and limited movepool , maximun 3 skills (if upgraded to demon/sage)

Pets
    + big selection , provides many types of pets for general or specific use
    + Custom movepools lets u cover your weakness and streghten both pet and caster
    + Natural Tanks , msot pets can easily take dmg for the Veno (reason for easy PVE)
    + No need for MP , food need can be countered by Tome that benefits the caster as well.
    + Stronger in PVP (wel let's say they are 2 hit fodder for PVP)

- Need to be lvled manually , hassle on the long run
    - not cheap to upgrade their skills
    - bad offences , no pets can keep aggro from an endgame veno , and lesser dmg than summons.
    - no AoE capabilities

thats all i can think of right now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    That depend for which situation, sometime the mystic summon are better, sometime the veno pet are better.

At lvl 100+ i personally see more mystic use their summon than veno use pets, i don't remember last time i saw a veno use a pet, they use tame for lure, but don't use pet anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Lots of texts b:shocked

Already tested this a long while ago.

My storm mistress (mystic is r9) is better then my lvl 100 phoenix pet on all area's. Be it DD, defence, HP etc.

And to those saying that herc is a better tank.... Good for you, hope you enjoy slow *** killing at lvl 100+ end game stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Lots of texts b:shocked

Already tested this a long while ago.

My storm mistress (mystic is r9) is better then my lvl 100 phoenix pet on all area's. Be it DD, defence, HP etc.

And to those saying that herc is a better tank.... Good for you, hope you enjoy slow *** killing at lvl 100+ end game stuff.

Better tank is a lie:

Herc's aggro sucks
    Herc even at Lv.103 doesn't have 5k HP to survive those 5k AoE's and traps (mystic pets do at 100)
    Herc can't range tank
    Lower HP / higher def also translates to less competence on Armor Breaks

Simple fact is that most of the time a Mystic pet is not as efficient as a Mystic tank; it's not so much that mystic pets can't tank.

Been saying this for years: one of the best skills you can put on a veno pet is Howl. -Great
    advice then, and great advice still.
  • uncleblademaster
    uncleblademaster Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Damn that was hard to read ....

1st of all , if u want to be a good mystic you need to be using all summons and all plants , just to clear this out.

Summons and pets are part of 2 different classes , no clear winner but in short.

Summons
    + Their stats depends on skill lvl and gear of their masters (that can be bad sometimes)
    + Superior DD potential especially for Storm Mistress and Cragglord. Out dmgs pets
    + They lvl automatically , no bother for the player
    + All terrain , no place restrictions

- Cost MP , till lvl 75 , this is a hassle for most Mystics
    - Frail , their defences are **** compared to any Venomancer tank pet (1 shot fodder in PVP)
    - Restricted and limited movepool , maximun 3 skills (if upgraded to demon/sage)

Pets
    + big selection , provides many types of pets for general or specific use
    + Custom movepools lets u cover your weakness and streghten both pet and caster
    + Natural Tanks , msot pets can easily take dmg for the Veno (reason for easy PVE)
    + No need for MP , food need can be countered by Tome that benefits the caster as well.
    + Stronger in PVP (wel let's say they are 2 hit fodder for PVP)

- Need to be lvled manually , hassle on the long run
    - not cheap to upgrade their skills
    - bad offences , no pets can keep aggro from an endgame veno , and lesser dmg than summons.
    - no AoE capabilities

thats all i can think of right now

You forgot Summons don't need to be fed. They can also be resummoned immediatley. Or leeched for power boosters to the summoner.

While Venomancer pets have to be fed. They also can't be resummoned like summons I don't think. Lol also the actual summoning and pet healing is faster on a mystic. Devil can stun and Mistress can seal.
  • LividLemur - Dreamweaver
    LividLemur - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    a high level Herc can fight a high level cragglord (50 attack levels) very well surprisingly. But that doesn't matter, other than just for fun.

But yeah, you wont see a veno's pet tanking the 5th boss in casters xD. I rarely see venos use pets in casters at all, at least ones that do actual magic damage. I thought the orchid petalis did a little magic damage?
  • Lunalinne - Sanctuary
    Lunalinne - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You forgot Summons don't need to be fed. They can also be resummoned immediatley. Or leeched for power boosters to the summoner.

While Venomancer pets have to be fed. They also can't be resummoned like summons I don't think. Lol also the actual summoning and pet healing is faster on a mystic. Devil can stun and Mistress can seal.

- Summons don't need to be fed, but they do require the Summoner to pump Mana into it for it to use its skills, and in the case of Storm Mistress and Salvation, you're almost required to pump MP into it for it to be useful.

- Veno pets take much longer to summon/Stow than a Mystic's summons. When a Veno's pet dies, the Veno needs to feed it to raise its tameness back.

+ A benefit to Veno's pets I suppose can be the ability to pretty much tame anything they need or want. They can name their pets, and teach different move-sets as well as have more moves to use that don't require MP from the caster.

As already said by another above poster, most pets cannot keep aggro from the Venomancer past 100, and soloing with a herc takes a dog's age to get anything done. Most forego pets in lieu of focusing on dealing damage and debuffing the bosses for other classes in Caster. Not to mention that the mob in Caster are Resistant to Physical, and not a lot of pets do damage that's worth the Veno having it out for.

My personal opinion, though not that it matters much, is that All-around that Mystic's summons are more useful than a veno's pets by end-game. The summons grow with the caster, rather than the caster having to manually level them to keep up. (Which is a huge chore in and of itself, if you've ever leveled a Herc/Nix in cube from level 1...)
    It seems to me that the Mystic's summoning system is an Upgraded version of the Veno's pet system. It eliminates many of the issues that Venomancers face with their pets-
    Low damage endgame, leveling, having to tame multiple pets for various pve/pvp situations, and having to spend precious time reviving/feeding pets. The Venomancer's pets do become less useful as the Veno approaches end-game, while the Mystic's summons continue to improve and grow with the Mystic.
    The downside of this is a pretty big one, it comes down to how much the mystic can afford in terms of gear, which means the summons will have a direct link to the summoner, rather than having independent stats like a Veno's pets. So if you cannot afford good gear, your summons will have bad stats. If you can, then they will be good.