"IDEA" for faction base and wars

Options
AlyssaJen - Raging Tide
AlyssaJen - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
As stated this is just an idea and if you can improve it, please do so.

First off, the faction base now is louse. I believe PWI needs a new base. Using the TW map could work, or something close to it to cut down on programming costs, and it could work for the faction wars as well. Also, why would you waste coin to attack someone's base? I have not seen a high level base, so i am unsure if it is worth having really.

1. Faction Base

With adding a new base, it opens the possibilities to anything. Factions could hire NPCs to work for their faction. For instance:
Apothecary: members can craft apothecary without having the skill.
Teleporter: members can teleaport to any teleporter in PWI for a really small fee.
Warehouse: factions can store items for later use.

I can continue with more, but i am sure you get the point.
All NPCs are hired by the faction leader or director.
Crafting NPCs start at level 1 and have to be upgraded to increase crafting level.
Teleporter starts with a teleport to Arch and can be upgraded to add more.
Warehouse starts with 8 slots and can be upgraded to add more.

2. Upgrading

Keep in mind that PWI needs to make money to pay for servers and programming. I have a couple of ideas for upgarding.

A. If the TW map is used, mobs can be added outside the base, similar to a PvE TW. These mobs can drop mats that are used to upgrade the base. This will give players something new to do, causing players to log into PWI more and generating more funds. Also, with new mats can bring new gear. Perhaps a new PvE gear, high slaying level.

B. PWI can add a boutique item used to upgrade, but what do they charge? I am not in favor of this one cause it could cause things to go crazy and China servers do not use boutique.

3. New Gear

Many might complain about new gear since there has been so many already added, but remember this would take months, if not a year or more, of programming. Since it will take so much time, the level cap could be raised at this time. With new mobs being added PWI could make these mobs high exp and descent for grinding so we can actually level. This new gear could be a level 105 or higher gear. Also, I dislike the fact that most end game gear has set stats and cap on refining. I would like to see random stats as well as unlimited refining. Random stats make players play more to recast to get better stats. Also, not everyone wants the same stats. Unlimited refining is more of bragging rights. Who wouldn't want to say i got the highest refined gear.

4. Faction Wars

Here is the fun part. Rules:

A. No flying. This makes it harder for attackers to get into defenders base. Since they will be able to destroy your base, i think it is best to make it hard as possible to get in.

B. NPCs turn into crystals. Attackers can destroy each crystal once per attack. If crystal is destroyed, NPC drops 1 level. Warehouse will lose slots and if slots have items, items are dropped on ground for attacker to pick up only for 30 secs.

C. Gate doors added. This goes along with making it harder to get into the base.

D. Factions have to declare war before they can attack a faction's base.

E. Wars can go many ways. Time limit only, perhaps 1 hour. Take TWs rules and place attackers base on other side so defender can counter attack. When should wars take place? Monday thru Thursday, to avoid TWs and give some PvP during the week? How to start a war? Was thinking, you have to declare an attack and attack would be 24 hours later. Your opinions here please.

F. Towers. Towers and gate doors could be upgradable as well. This would help fend off the big factions trying to attack smaller ones.

G. NPC archers. Just a cool thought, have NPC archers that you can hire that will fire down from the walls. This could get interesting, cause you could add things like players equipping these archers with gear to make them stronger.

4. PWI MAKES MONEY

To get anything to happen PWI has to know they can profit from it, the way it works. PWI could profit in a few ways. The old fashion way of charms and gold selling to pay for pots. Also, a few new items could be added to boutique or from tokens. Faction base signet, would teleport you directly to base. Since a faction has a teleporter in base, this would cut time off porting chains. With unlimited refining, rather than use Dragon Orbs, players would use Chienkun Stones. This would make it more difficult, upping bragging rights and players would burn thru them ever chance they get.

That is all i have for now.
Post edited by AlyssaJen - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    As stated this is just an idea and if you can improve it, please do so.

First off, the faction base now is louse. I believe PWI needs a new base. Using the TW map could work, or something close to it to cut down on programming costs, and it could work for the faction wars as well. Also, why would you waste coin to attack someone's base? I have not seen a high level base, so i am unsure if it is worth having really.

It should probably have a different map. Players have already been asking for regular TW to have its map/objectives overhauled, so I doubt they'd want to have something fairly similar for Base Wars.
    1. Faction Base

With adding a new base, it opens the possibilities to anything. Factions could hire NPCs to work for their faction. For instance:
    Apothecary: members can craft apothecary without having the skill.
    Teleporter: members can teleaport to any teleporter in PWI for a really small fee.
    Warehouse: factions can store items for later use.

The Warehouse thing sounds like a good idea, as long as its possible to establish who has access to it, or if its possible for a log to be kept saying who withdrew/deposited what into it.

However, I disagree with the manufacturing idea, simply because it would make learning and leveling those skills the old way pointless (also, you'll have to consider that some do end up buying their crafting training boxes, so their sales on those would be affected too). However...if they can allow one to brew/craft special things that are otherwise unobtainable, then that would be nice.

2. Upgrading

Keep in mind that PWI needs to make money to pay for servers and programming. I have a couple of ideas for upgarding.

A. If the TW map is used, mobs can be added outside the base, similar to a PvE TW. These mobs can drop mats that are used to upgrade the base. This will give players something new to do, causing players to log into PWI more and generating more funds. Also, with new mats can bring new gear. Perhaps a new PvE gear, high slaying level.

New PvE gear, when the G15 Morai is already an equivalent to R9 in terms of effectiveness?
    ... ... ...
    If they add "new gear", it would probably end up being a Third Cast of R8r, seeing as its a somewhat unattractive option now that Nv3 is in the picture and the mats for R8r arent as easily available now.

Morai G16 would likely be something farmable in a Morai-related instance...

3. New Gear

Many might complain about new gear since there has been so many already added, but remember this would take months, if not a year or more, of programming. Since it will take so much time, the level cap could be raised at this time. With new mobs being added PWI could make these mobs high exp and descent for grinding so we can actually level.

I shudder to think about what they could add that bests R93/NV3/G15 Morai...
    Gear is already significantly more powerful than the content we've got currently. Whatever new area/quests/instances they add would have to be challenging enough to warrant upgrading what we currently have.

This new gear could be a level 105 or higher gear. Also, I dislike the fact that most end game gear has set stats and cap on refining. I would like to see random stats as well as unlimited refining. Random stats make players play more to recast to get better stats. Also, not everyone wants the same stats. Unlimited refining is more of bragging rights. Who wouldn't want to say i got the highest refined gear.

Refining is currently only as limited as your stock of Mirages/refine aids~
    4. Faction Wars

Here is the fun part. Rules:

A. No flying. This makes it harder for attackers to get into defenders base. Since they will be able to destroy your base, i think it is best to make it hard as possible to get in.

See below.
    B. NPCs turn into crystals. Attackers can destroy each crystal once per attack. If crystal is destroyed, NPC drops 1 level. Warehouse will lose slots and if slots have items, items are dropped on ground for attacker to pick up only for 30 secs.

...I'm not sure of how I feel about this...
    C. Gate doors added. This goes along with making it harder to get into the base.

Hopefully these are at least destructable obstacles.
    F. Towers. Towers and gate doors could be upgradable as well. This would help fend off the big factions trying to attack smaller ones.

G. NPC archers. Just a cool thought, have NPC archers that you can hire that will fire down from the walls. This could get interesting, cause you could add things like players equipping these archers with gear to make them stronger.

Having both towers and archers could be problematic (considering that the enemy's ranged attackers will also be on the attacker/defender. If the Archers do very weak damage, but debuff their targets with the Berserker's Rage effect (unable to use aerogear for a time) then that could be neat.
    4. PWI MAKES MONEY

With unlimited refining, rather than use Dragon Orbs, players would use Chienkun Stones. This would make it more difficult, upping bragging rights and players would burn thru them ever chance they get.

That would affect their orb sales, so I doubt that would be implemented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • AlyssaJen - Raging Tide
    AlyssaJen - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    It should probably have a different map. Players have already been asking for regular TW to have its map/objectives overhauled, so I doubt they'd want to have something fairly similar for Base Wars.

A new map would be nice. I was just trying to cut down on programming time.

The Warehouse thing sounds like a good idea, as long as its possible to establish who has access to it, or if its possible for a log to be kept saying who withdrew/deposited what into it.

agreed

However, I disagree with the manufacturing idea, simply because it would make learning and leveling those skills the old way pointless (also, you'll have to consider that some do end up buying their crafting training boxes, so their sales on those would be affected too). However...if they can allow one to brew/craft special things that are otherwise unobtainable, then that would be nice.

If PWI increases the level cap, then they could add new apothecary and such that can only be made in the faction base.

New PvE gear, when the G15 Morai is already an equivalent to R9 in terms of effectiveness?
    ... ... ...
    If they add "new gear", it would probably end up being a Third Cast of R8r, seeing as its a somewhat unattractive option now that Nv3 is in the picture and the mats for R8r arent as easily available now.

Morai G16 would likely be something farmable in a Morai-related instance...

I shudder to think about what they could add that bests R93/NV3/G15 Morai...
    Gear is already significantly more powerful than the content we've got currently. Whatever new area/quests/instances they add would have to be challenging enough to warrant upgrading what we currently have.

The new gear would be only if they raised the level cap.

Refining is currently only as limited as your stock of Mirages/refine aids~

+12 is they highest refine that you can reach, as far as i know. I was talking about going even higher than that. The chance of +12 is something like .00001% and higher levels would be even lower.

See below.

...I'm not sure of how I feel about this...

Hopefully these are at least destructable obstacles.

Having both towers and archers could be problematic (considering that the enemy's ranged attackers will also be on the attacker/defender. If the Archers do very weak damage, but debuff their targets with the Berserker's Rage effect (unable to use aerogear for a time) then that could be neat.

I should of explained this better. Gates and Towers would be built and upgraded anytime other than during wars. Reason for this: factions will need mats to upgrade and would be difficult to coordinate getting these mats to the right towers and gates.
    Gates and Towers can be destroyed and have to be rebuilt from nothing if destroyed.

Archers can be killed. They will do only normal attacks. If an archer dies and is not rezed in 30 secs, archer disappears and is lost along with all gear or gear is dropped on ground. This would require factions to make gear for their archers, something else to do in game.

That would affect their orb sales, so I doubt that would be implemented.

Orbs could be used up to +12, but i would like to see it opened up to go even higher.
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Orbs could be used up to +12, but i would like to see it opened up to go even higher.

**** you +12 anythings is bad enough as it is the last thing we need is +15 or some such noscence so shut up before you give those greedy buggers any ideas that we will all regret
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)