Teleport/Quest lag -- New QQ thread =)

Options

Comments

• KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    If it's only RT that is experiencing it, maybe everyone on RT should submit a ticket about it..?

I mean starting a thread is nice and all, but GM's rarely visit the forums these days. The mods are no where to be seen the past few days it seems. I think Frankie's been the only one on lately. So not to sound rude, but making a thread about it won't make much progress on it.

Send mass worldchats telling people to submit tickets about server lag on RT only. They can only "deny" you guys so many times before they realize it's more then just you if this is the case.

Have them submit video proof with their ticket of the "quest lag" to help provide evidence to it.

Here are some recording programs they can use if they have none.

Fraps
    Xfire
    Game Cam
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • azizsixer
    azizsixer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Powerlevel me a character to like 40 on your server and give me enough money to use telestone into an instance and I'll see if I experience this issue you seem to. That way we can have an unbiased and isolation this issue you are having. Because I have yet to date ever experience an issue on my server regarding lag in any form.
    If it's only RT that is experiencing it, maybe everyone on RT should submit a ticket about it..?

I mean starting a thread is nice and all, but GM's rarely visit the forums these days. The mods are no where to be seen the past few days it seems. I think Frankie's been the only one on lately. So not to sound rude, but making a thread about it won't make much progress on it.

Send mass worldchats telling people to submit tickets about server lag on RT only. They can only "deny" you guys so many times before they realize it's more then just you if this is the case.

Have them submit video proof with their ticket of the "quest lag" to help provide evidence to it.

Here are some recording programs they can use if they have none.

Fraps
    Xfire
    Game Cam

*Was just abt to pwrlvl you a nabby alt for ya to share our frustration*

Almost a couple weeks of this kind of lag. Really really annoying, especially when someone dies @ bh snake and take metal teleport only to arrive 5 mins after the sqd wipes -.-

*Edit: Wrong chara i posted on QQ
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    azizsixer2 wrote: »
    *Was just abt to pwrlvl you a nabby alt for ya to share our frustration*

Almost a couple weeks of this kind of lag. Really really annoying, especially when someone dies @ bh snake and take metal teleport only to arrive 5 mins after the sqd wipes -.-

*Edit: Wrong chara i posted on QQ

You still can :O

and then I'll submit a ticket with you if that is indeed the case with video proof as well.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    That's why I always relog before TW or a big pk.

I don't know how long for the OP this fix lasts, but for me it last about 4-5 hours.

can you imagine, that you'll have to relog to enter nirvana TWICE (one to enter and another to get rally stone) every run? and sometimes it doesn't even works you'll need a third relog to get rally... also when you doing cube and you get a bom with half time left, or start a 100 seconds stand, and stucks on 00:00 (sometimes even go negative)

so yeah relog 2-3 times every nirv or cube run is pretty much annoying...
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    b:thanks thanks for this post. GM fixed problem in nirvana. Now, we dont have to relog to get stone.

ty tyb:cute
  • Tailla_Xx - Raging Tide
    Tailla_Xx - Raging Tide Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Well everyone should say thank you to the QQer and the active GM's/developpers, cuz after a mass dc last night, the bug is fixed for everyone!
  • Currant - Dreamweaver
    Currant - Dreamweaver Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Well everyone should say thank you to the QQer and the active GM's/developpers, cuz after a mass dc last night, the bug is fixed for everyone!

Oh, they actually fixed the quest lag? Or do you mean that AEU bug?
    "Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better take things as they come along with patience and equanimity."
    -Carl Jung

This isn't my actual character...I just like the name b:victory
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i have this same problem, and its not just illusion stones, its entering/leaving morai, i quit cube for 2 months because i was getting a min of 1.5min delays in timers going off in my quest log but the game server still keeping track of the time, hell i have to re log to enter my own damn faction base. this is not random either i stay logged in for more that 10min and it starts back up again after i re log, speaking of my faction base im a marshal in my faction and when i try to start a trails my quest lag delays that start of the trial for everyone. i have to re log just do anything involving a non standard tele, this **** is a pain in my *** and as for for nirvana i have to wait 3 min if i w/o re logging first THIS **** IS INTOLERABLE b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • Crypticali - Raging Tide
    Crypticali - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

Thank you QQer, the quest-lag is gone! even sin detection potions work properly again. b:thanks
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Oh, they actually fixed the quest lag? Or do you meant that AEU bug?

Well for now, the quest lag is gone, :D
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i have this same problem, and its not just illusion stones, its entering/leaving morai, i quit cube for 2 months because i was getting a min of 1.5min delays in timers going off in my quest log but the game server still keeping track of the time, hell i have to re log to enter my own damn faction base. this is not random either i stay logged in for more that 10min and it starts back up again after i re log, speaking of my faction base im a marshal in my faction and when i try to start a trails my quest lag delays that start of the trial for everyone. i have to re log just do anything involving a non standard tele, this **** is a pain in my *** and as for for nirvana i have to wait 3 min if i w/o re logging first THIS **** IS INTOLERABLE b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry

So apparently it's not only the Raging Tide server? Also Sanctuary?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I have this problem but it's not the server. Connection itself doesn't matter since I have that problem when I'm in my college flat that has a fast connection and when I'm at parents that have a crappy one.

Sometimes it lags, sometimes it works faster. I've gotten used to it by now that I don't care anyway rofl.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    So apparently it's not only the Raging Tide server? Also Sanctuary?

I personally haven't had a problem but it must be on other servers too, since a friend told me the other day that their friend was stuck in one of the 100 sec stand rooms in Cube with timer stuck at 0, and wanted to know what to do. But I haven't heard about it other than that on HT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Guys, it's not the server. It's your client/system that's the issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JoeDirt - Raging Tide
    JoeDirt - Raging Tide Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

no, it was the server. after the surprise reset the other day there hasn't been any problems with quest lag. haven't even seen anyone else complaining about it in world chat, used to be every third message in world chat was "qq quest lag qq". tired of you nabs always assuming no one knows what they talking about.
    edited August 2012
    Options
    no, it was the server. after the surprise reset the other day there hasn't been any problems with quest lag. haven't even seen anyone else complaining about it in world chat, used to be every third message in world chat was "qq quest lag qq". tired of you nabs always assuming no one knows what they talking about.

+1 for Joe b:victory
  • Reaperarm - Harshlands
    Reaperarm - Harshlands Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Bumping random threads to fight bot spam.
    If you find yourself hopelessly pulled towards running into massive amounts of mobs in a vain attempt to aoe them all to death.......You just might be a bm.
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Bumping random threads to fight bot spam.

Lmfao!! haha
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Ugh good idea, where the heck are the mods these days?

Edit: Ah, nvm, I see from another thread they are working on the problem. Didn't see said thread at first since the whole page was spam. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

You know what kind of computer I have do you?

No, so **** off.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

LOL are you still trying to troll the forums with your its not the server roll b:chuckle. You have no idea what you are talking about.
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory
  • scarfaceclaw
    edited August 2012
    Options
    For the record, for all the "its not the server its your computer twits"
    Fixed a server-time mismatch issue with the Raging Tides server that was causing delays/stalls on quests and zone changes.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    For the record, for all the "its not the server its your computer twits"

Feeling better now that you let that frustration out? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • scarfaceclaw
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Just stating facts.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Yep trolls like SylenThunder get an ounce of knowledge and they think they know everything, in the end they know nothing at all
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2012
    Options
    In reality, the fact that it was the server on this rare occasion for that one server was, well, rare.

99.5% of the time that you folks sit out here and QQ about an issue being with the server, it can reasonably be traced down to something that has absolutely nothing to do with the server at all.

The fact that this one time it actually happened to be the case does, in no way, make anything that I've said incorrect.
    It also does not make me a troll.

I've been playing MMO's and been on the GM and Dev team for games since Meridian59.
    I've been troubleshooting Computers and Networks for well over 20 years now, and I'm current in the industry.
    I even run my own game servers and am intricately familiar with how it works and what's involved.

That said, I've got a hell of a lot more knowledge than most of you kids that just sit around and yell "fix the servers!".
    In most cases, when I respond to these threads, I've already taken a look into it myself and done some testing. When it's a problem that is affecting a small number of players and not everyone, there's a damn good chance that it's local to the systems of those players or their network/internet. (As this case was when people originally started to complain about it.)

Also in most cases, when you kids sit around and blame the servers, I ask for more information and provide helpful tips. A good 90% of the time no one responds with the information I ask for and you continue to stupidly post and blame the servers without doing anything helpful like providing data.

I don't troll, I honestly want to help you guys solve the issues you're having. Unfortunately, you apparently can't be bothered to provide useful information to continue the process, and would rather just sit and pass the blame somewhere else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    In reality, the fact that it was the server on this rare occasion for that one server was, well, rare.

99.5% of the time that you folks sit out here and QQ about an issue being with the server, it can reasonably be traced down to something that has absolutely nothing to do with the server at all.

The fact that this one time it actually happened to be the case does, in no way, make anything that I've said incorrect.
    It also does not make me a troll.

I've been playing MMO's and been on the GM and Dev team for games since Meridian59.
    I've been troubleshooting Computers and Networks for well over 20 years now, and I'm current in the industry.
    I even run my own game servers and am intricately familiar with how it works and what's involved.

That said, I've got a hell of a lot more knowledge than most of you kids that just sit around and yell "fix the servers!".
    In most cases, when I respond to these threads, I've already taken a look into it myself and done some testing. When it's a problem that is affecting a small number of players and not everyone, there's a damn good chance that it's local to the systems of those players or their network/internet. (As this case was when people originally started to complain about it.)

Also in most cases, when you kids sit around and blame the servers, I ask for more information and provide helpful tips. A good 90% of the time no one responds with the information I ask for and you continue to stupidly post and blame the servers without doing anything helpful like providing data.

I don't troll, I honestly want to help you guys solve the issues you're having. Unfortunately, you apparently can't be bothered to provide useful information to continue the process, and would rather just sit and pass the blame somewhere else.

You shouldn't let it get to you like that.

Once you pass a certain notoriety level, people will start looking for flaws in everything you do. The tiniest of mistake, be it a typo or an answer that isn't necessarily as accurate as desired. Even something that you noticed seconds after posting and instantly fixed.

Some people just can't stand the idea that there are people out there that know more than they do. People that routinely do things that go way over their own heads. People don't want to feel inferior or inadequate.

This goes double for every time you tell them that they're wrong. Even if you know that they're wrong, even if you provide adequate evidence and reasons when claiming so, without harboring any kind of ill will towards them. People hate being told that they're wrong just about as much as they hate feeling inadequate.

And of course there's the factor that people want a scapegoat that is someone else. In PWE's case, the company is already disliked for a lot of decisions, so it makes for an easy target. Certainly much easier than some unknown, unaffiliated party, such as would often be the case with server-related issues.

The best thing you can do is ignore them. You know that you're right, the people that matter know that you're right. And really, that's all that matters, right?
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    You shouldn't let it get to you like that.

This. Seriously, Sylen, you're doing your best to help. if people want to be idiots and just keep blaming some scapegoat, let them.

I bet there's at least as many people appreciating you helping. I know I do. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    bleh not worth the effort
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Cinderball - Raging Tide
    Cinderball - Raging Tide Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    The people of RT that posted knew there was something wrong beyond an individual issue because they were experiencing it firsthand along with the majority of their friends/facmates. Because of this, many of us became frustrated and labeled you a troll even when you were giving sound advice based on what your experience told you. Its reasonable to rule out an individual issue first but its also reasonable to be upset after dealing with the lag for so long and having our words dismissed. RT and the rest of PWI were seeing two different pictures so such a conflict was unavoidable.
    RT's Heavy Armor Sin
    pwcalc.com/4b05df7de8c8337f