Now this was a suprise

Options
Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Psychic
Covered name and stuff for obvious reasons.

So i was passing by this psy and i checked his info so i could preview the White Dark Lord set when i saw his gear.

Yes it is clearly TT 90 Heavy armor with Warsoul of Earth , Band from heaven Jails and stage 2 phys def cube necklace.

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/813/20120814220217.jpg

discuss .....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
<--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
{That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
Post edited by Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Utter noobs are not limited to a single server.

/thread
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Probably someone who already have a barb and use the same gears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Probably someone who already have a barb and use the same gears.

...but for what reason would they stat a Psychic to wear such gear?
    That is the question.

Probably for the hell of it, but you never know...there may be an actual motive behind this <_< >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    ...but for what reason would they stat a Psychic to wear such gear?
    That is the question.

Probably for the hell of it, but you never know...there may be an actual motive behind this <_< >_>

It's like people who have Archer as main than create a cleric and make it to wear the LA gears they already have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Westfest - Sanctuary
    Westfest - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    It's like people who have Archer as main than create a cleric and make it to wear the LA gears they already have.

Well that would still be of some use but a STR based psy ... ehhm ... nice for ... hmm ... donno really what.

+ He was 99, i don't think anyone would go tht far just to equip heavy gears
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If i were a sweet what would i be?
    A hard boiled sweet, that would be me.
    Why a hard boiled sweet?
    My haven't you heard?
    They are the meanest sweets in all of the world!
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2012
    Options

The problem with the example is that Clerics can operate in Lighr Armor (even if gimped).

Psys have completely no reason to go HA. Only class that can benefit from it is venomancer. He could at least do another class selection
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    um... or it could just be a fun char. like how i have an arcane barb b:laugh people are bored they do weird things... who knows... or to troll in tw rofl...... i know way too many of those b:laughb:chuckle
    edited August 2012
    Options
    um... or it could just be a fun char. like how i have an arcane barb b:laugh people are bored they do weird things... who knows... or to troll in tw rofl...... i know way too many of those b:laughb:chuckle

I dont criticise that ofc , the thing that suprised me the most was his stage 2 necklace plus the fact that he was 99. his armor was sharded , refined (couldnt show it in the pic). i dont know , seems really weird.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LuciferV - Raging Tide
    LuciferV - Raging Tide Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    The problem with the example is that Clerics can operate in Lighr Armor (even if gimped).

Psys have completely no reason to go HA. Only class that can benefit from it is venomancer. He could at least do another class selection

A Psy HA build could work if it is highly refined. Soulforce is only based on gear refine and not magic attack. Get highly refined HA G16 nirv psy with josd and 55k soulforce and you can do some interesting things.

You'd still likely only see this as an alt character or a HA class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Kyuushuu - Heavens Tear
    Kyuushuu - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Its a friend of mine its his mess around character his main is a full r9 sin
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

pretty much any class can operate in HA just because HA, defensively, the best armour.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
    edited August 2012
    Options
    pretty much any class can operate in HA just because HA, defensively, the best armour.

That is wrong , how can a class operate effectively when damage or healing power is gimped to horrible lvls.

It isnt just the choice of armor but the stat points as well.

@Kyuushuu that explains a lot i guess , and by the way , i dont mean to make fun of him , just sth that game me lots of questions ( and suprised since i was sure i would never see sth like that)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • witniss
    witniss Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

He's overall knowledge of the class is legit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    Options
    That is wrong , how can a class operate effectively when damage or healing power is gimped to horrible lvls

I never said that wearing HA will make the class' heals better or attacks do more damage, i'm just saying that a build like a HA cleric can be a viable build thanks to the great defensive bonuses granted, especially if they're fighting someone that does not know that they are HA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Was actually gonna search through psy sub forums on the possibility of a HA catapuller. Could this be one?
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Was actually gonna search through psy sub forums on the possibility of a HA catapuller. Could this be one?

no
    /10chars
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
    edited August 2012
    Options

why do that when you could jsut use a barb?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • witniss
    witniss Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

Why use one of those lame a** r9 jaded sage vit barbs when you can have doom panda
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

This doesn't look so bad. 154 def levels seems... beastly. 71 from White voodoo. You're almost hitting the pdef reduction cap when buffed. 17.6k hp at +10 refines. You don't lose as much defenses when you are purged because your def levels remain. You have SoV/SoSilence/SoStunning your own heals, your own purify, ranged stuns...

It's kind of the same idea behind an AA barb. People won't expect it and won't know how to deal with it. It might be stoopid but if you can learn to play it right it may be beastly. Just kind of a fun idea.

Oh! Lower magic reqs on R8r sphere, can self purify or get about an additional 30 def levels... That'd give you 184 def levels.

I understand you'd lose some of the things that make catabarbs so beastly, but you'd basically be perma invoked. You wouldn't have a barbs speed but neither do the actual catas, which is annoying. You wouldn't have a barbs chi gain but there are ways to make it work.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory