New Character Event.

Comments

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Promised in faction chat to post a ritual from other games that helps with gambling stuff like refines; it's completely superstition and might not work but it worked for that game (which is like, spend 300 bucks gambling for junk every week) and it worked for some other gambling-heavy games too. Not allowed to post vids so here is the ritual as follows:

Gambler and friends in voice chat and in-game normal chat, standing in a circle. Gambler types "I'M A HUGE FGT PLZ **** (the one with R, not F) ME IN THE FACE," all caps, while saying it in voice, friends type and chant "ONE OF US, ONE OF US" and they roll the slot machine (in that game)

for the demo vids I guess you can search up the garapon ritual on youtube or PM for links
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Demote me, Jen.

I'll probably return to the gang at some point but for now I'm totally caught up in drawing, making signatures and a summer love story. b:faint
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Promised in faction chat to post a ritual from other games that helps with gambling stuff like refines; it's completely superstition and might not work but it worked for that game (which is like, spend 300 bucks gambling for junk every week) and it worked for some other gambling-heavy games too. Not allowed to post vids so here is the ritual as follows:

Gambler and friends in voice chat and in-game normal chat, standing in a circle. Gambler types "I'M A HUGE FGT PLZ **** (the one with R, not F) ME IN THE FACE," all caps, while saying it in voice, friends type and chant "ONE OF US, ONE OF US" and they roll the slot machine (in that game)

for the demo vids I guess you can search up the garapon ritual on youtube or PM for links
    Uh... what?
    Demote me, Jen.

I'll probably return to the gang at some point but for now I'm totally caught up in drawing, making signatures and a summer love story. b:faint

You're fine. Have fun with it ;3
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • MyGreatLuck - Heavens Tear
    MyGreatLuck - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Any admin on? I would like to join this event.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Try whispering one of the officers listed in the first post in-game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Uh... what?

ah, sorry, was talking about refining with the other newjen folks and mentioned this b:surrender
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • SilverSuede - Heavens Tear
    SilverSuede - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Congrat's to all in NewJen on lvl's, & almost full memberlist lol.

Things keeping me busy at the moment but see you soon, take care.
  • Yurizuki - Heavens Tear
    Yurizuki - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Congrat's to all in NewJen on lvl's, & almost full memberlist lol.

Things keeping me busy at the moment but see you soon, take care.

We've bumped it up to level 2 so it can hold 100 now, but we've passed 50.
  • MysJenny - Heavens Tear
    MysJenny - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    We're still accepting anyone who wishes to join in this fun little event of Nostalgia ;D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Fon for the siggy ~<3
  • /dwinCastor - Dreamweaver70
    /dwinCastor - Dreamweaver70 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This looks like it might be fun.
    edited August 2012
    This looks like it might be fun.

Feel free to give is a spin if you wish b:victory
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• No_peas - Heavens Tear
    No_peas - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Is there a minimum/maximum level that can join? Or does it have to be brand new chars?
    edited August 2012
    Is there a minimum/maximum level that can join? Or does it have to be brand new chars?

There is no minimum. However I would prefer it if it was under 40 at this time as that is where 90% of the group is. As said before the only requirement is don't use anything that gives you a huge exp boost. Powleveling Lucid etc. Hypers will be allowed after 80.

I am currently online on my archer ATM so shoot me a pm if you wish to join, otherwise pm my mystic or any officer on the list on the first page that is online.

Edit: Currently now on my Mystic. MysJenny
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• MysJenny - Heavens Tear
    MysJenny - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So we ran some FB39s today. When's the last time you saw it done without super high level help? :P

So much fun when you can't just faceroll your keyboard and people have to know what they are doing or die >_>

http://i47.tinypic.com/35kpymd.jpg
    http://i47.tinypic.com/359l75z.jpg
    http://i50.tinypic.com/9sufbk.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Fon for the siggy ~<3
  • BloodSiren - Lost City
    BloodSiren - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Here's the video of our fb39 :3

http://youtu.be/9dy5hvc68dI?hd=1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    /jizzed in pants.

NOSTALGIA ****.

You guys should try it unwined and make a video of that too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    My faction on RT actually had a few at or near level FB19s, 29s and a 39 a few months ago, when a member suggested we start new characters who would level up together. The plan quickly fell apart though, especially after the instigator left faction.

And b:shocked at that screenshot of the fight with Farren, in my opinion all the mystics and the cleric are too close to Farren, I've seen too many at-level arcanes one-shotted by his AOE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Filere - Heavens Tear
    Filere - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Sorry I joined and left so quickly. I just go through the exact same thing every single day on my home server. Solo leveling while my faction mates have fun in higher level instances, only interacting with them through fac chat or if they're helping me go through lowbie ****.

Sorry, but as fun as it is for you, it's same ol' same ol' for me.
    edited August 2012
    My faction on RT actually had a few at or near level FB19s, 29s and a 39 a few months ago, when a member suggested we start new characters who would level up together. The plan quickly fell apart though, especially after the instigator left faction.

And b:shocked at that screenshot of the fight with Farren, in my opinion all the mystics and the cleric are too close to Farren, I've seen too many at-level arcanes one-shotted by his AOE.
    That is an issue with at level fbs is arcanes have to play smart. Unfortunately I don't think the skills used for most of us are at a high enough level for the cast range to be outside of the AoE radius.
    Sorry I joined and left so quickly. I just go through the exact same thing every single day on my home server. Solo leveling while my faction mates have fun in higher level instances, only interacting with them through fac chat or if they're helping me go through lowbie ****.

Sorry, but as fun as it is for you, it's same ol' same ol' for me.

This isn't for everyone. You said you had like 60 characters you do this on so I wouldn't be surprised if you were bored after playing so many.

The point of this little event was for people to relive the old fashioned way of playing that so few do anymore. Since you do it so much you don't miss it.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Do you guys use Reflection Shards for leveling as well or is it off limits? Just wondering what EXP gaining tools you choose to use and don't use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited August 2012
    Do you guys use Reflection Shards for leveling as well or is it off limits? Just wondering what EXP gaining tools you choose to use and don't use.

Things not allowed:

Hypers (Until 80)
    Reflection Shards (until 40)
    Lucid silver/gold
    Perfectquest Master Rewards
    Oracles (Supply stash ones are ok)
    Powerleveling
    100 BH 2 Rewards from your main

I think I covered all of them.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    That is an issue with at level fbs is arcanes have to play smart. Unfortunately I don't think the skills used for most of us are at a high enough level for the cast range to be outside of the AoE radius.

Farren's AOE radius is (as far as I can tell) 25 meters. Nature's Vengeance at level 9 (learnable at level 32) has a range of 25.6 meters, which is enough to keep the mystics out of range. Ironheart Blessing at level 7, learnable at level 36, only has a range of 23.8 meters, but the tank shouldn't be standing on top of Farren, so that should be enough to keep a cleric on healing duty out of range with proper positioning. Plume Shot's range doesn't exceed 25 meters until level 9 (learnable at level 40), so a level 39 cleric shouldn't try to DD. (Break in the Clouds level 8, learnable at 35, has a range of 24.7, allowing mystics doing healing duties to stand back a little bit further.) The archer should have level 5+ of Winged Blessing (level 7 is learnable at level 39) so should have no problem staying out of range with a barbarian tanking... in the absence of a barb, have the archer tank (Farren's AOE hits less hard than his melee attacks) though this has the downside of constant AOE.

Side note, for the next round of FBs: Wyvern's AOE radius is the same as Farren's. Rankar's physical AOE (like Polearm's and Gaurnob's) is shorter ranged, but his magical AOE is longer ranged (again, like Polearm and Gaurnob's AOEs). I don't have hard figures for the radius of either of Rankar's AOEs, but I'd estimate 15 meters or so for the phys, and 30 meters+ for the magic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Filere - Heavens Tear
    Filere - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This isn't for everyone. You said you had like 60 characters you do this on so I wouldn't be surprised if you were bored after playing so many.

The point of this little event was for people to relive the old fashioned way of playing that so few do anymore. Since you do it so much you don't miss it.
    Yeah, I guess you're right.

Anyway, have fun everyone. =D
  • unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This is so much fun thanks guys for doing this and thank you Jen for allow us to be a part of this. Brings back old fond memories of this game and reminds me why I still enjoy it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
    edited August 2012
    This is so much fun thanks guys for doing this and thank you Jen for allow us to be a part of this. Brings back old fond memories of this game and reminds me why I still enjoy it.

D'aww glad you're having fun and everyone else is too. And it couldn't be possible without the others to do it with us. So thank yourself for being a part of it. b:cute
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    b:surrender My recent habit of staying up until dawn has come back to bite me. My sick has returned with a vengeance. D:

If I were to let my partner play as Rej, would that be okay? He knows the rules for the event and technically levels slower than I do. XD

Just...don't let him kill you guys a bunch if you do, he needs more cleric practice...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • ArcHaven - Sanctuary
    ArcHaven - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    b:surrender My recent habit of staying up until dawn has come back to bite me. My sick has returned with a vengeance. D:

If I were to let my partner play as Rej, would that be okay? He knows the rules for the event and technically levels slower than I do. XD

Just...don't let him kill you guys a bunch if you do, he needs more cleric practice...

you're not supposed to be on the computer. go back to bed. >:c

i've been playing my cleric a bit, so i'm not as terrible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~ <3 Jeremied ~
    edited August 2012

Tha'ts fine Jer :P
    you're not supposed to be on the computer. go back to bed. >:c

i've been playing my cleric a bit, so i'm not as terrible.

b:chuckle
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Sosia - Dreamweaver
    Sosia - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'll admit I'm tempted. I've been looking for a good reason to get back into the game.

But what class do I choose? That's the tough part. b:laugh
  • ilithiell
    ilithiell Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    looks like a fun idea :D
    i love creating new chars and i would also love to join a lowbie friendly faction like this one
    though i can't really promise to be very active, but i'll try for now :)