You're about to die in FCC...

Options
azza1915
azza1915 Posts: 16
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
You're in an FCC. You're the lowest level, and on 50% HP.
The barb runs through to get the mobs, and somehow you aggro without attacking. The mobs come at you.
You're dying, 5% HP left, and without even thinking you spark, only to realise you're resisting the mobs damage so your team kills them just in time.

Everyone in my squad just looked at me and was like "I never even thought of that."

Anyone else done this without even thinking?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I've never needed to do it in {FC} before, but I have done it B4 in the past during other instances "Especially when my genies hadn't reset their {AD~skills} at the time" so sparking is the next best thing to do, so ya don't get whacked when your HPs running on fumes....b:victoryb:chuckle

• Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Would be nice if the dummybutts that go to caster nirvana with under 4.5k hp could think to do something like that. It's not like that boss with the big red circle that appears under it doesn't clearly telegraph that it's going to 1 hit you if you don't do something beside derp.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    azza1915 wrote: »
    The barb runs through to get the mobs, and somehow you aggro without attacking.

>b:surrender

In any case, I'd rather use Psychic Will/Spirit Phalanx/Expel (and White Voodoo if all else fails) rather than triple spark resist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • azza1915
    azza1915 Posts: 16
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Yes, to produce a charm thick xP

I didn't even have a charm but it's just one of them moments where you do it without thinking or even realising what it does. b:pleased
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i do that in tw for years now

you discovered a nice fast last-survival skill
    i like potato
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Cool story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i do that in tw for years now

you discovered a nice fast last-survival skill

^This.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    >b:surrender

In any case, I'd rather use Psychic Will/Spirit Phalanx/Expel (and White Voodoo if all else fails) rather than triple spark resist.

I can see that as plausible.

I was running an SoT for someone yesterday and I pulled ALL of the mobs to the boss and was setting up IG Barrage and they all of a sudden attacked the BM who was going to HF without him doing anything to them. Sad to say the BM died but the other one came in to HF so I didn't die ;D
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Hanzal - Dreamweaver
    Hanzal - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    ...why does it have to be FCC? Certainly that's not the only instance OP knows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I can see that as plausible.

I was running an SoT for someone yesterday and I pulled ALL of the mobs to the boss and was setting up IG Barrage and they all of a sudden attacked the BM who was going to HF without him doing anything to them. Sad to say the BM died but the other one came in to HF so I didn't die ;D

=/ I wont deny that its a possibility, but its incredibly rare. The only times Ive seen it happen would be when one (of the many pulled) were attacked by a single target move, causing chain aggro from the still-freshly attracted wraiths or if a reflect went off due to an AoE before any of them can be hit.

Its one of the few where large pulls are done regularly, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    The barb runs through to get the mobs, and somehow you aggro without attacking. The mobs come at you.
    You're dying, 5% HP left, and without even thinking you spark, only to realise you're resisting the mobs damage so your team kills them just in time.

Everyone in my squad just looked at me and was like "I never even thought of that."

b:tired
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
    edited August 2012
    Options
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

God damn ponies for everything b:laugh
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

Anyone else done this without even thinking?

No school like the old school, I always use spark to avoid damge if at all possible on my squishy characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    If there's nothing else to do yea i'll 3 spark, but it's more in TW/PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

IKR? FCC is a faceroll instance even for 70+ characters. b:sweat
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Demaulicus - Heavens Tear
    Demaulicus - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Don't see the issue with FCC as you can duo it at the level range it's meant for. Just have to learn the timing on bosses and whatnot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nael - Dreamweaver
    Nael - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    =/ I wont deny that its a possibility, but its incredibly rare. The only times Ive seen it happen would be when one (of the many pulled) were attacked by a single target move, causing chain aggro from the still-freshly attracted wraiths or if a reflect went off due to an AoE before any of them can be hit.

This happens to me quite often while farming 3-1. When I have another person farming with me and I pull Steelation out of his room with mobs and I go stealth (I'm on Sin btw) to lose the mob aggro, the mobs sometimes go straight for the other person who was just standing at the back. I thought Share the Stealth would solve the problem but there has been couple of times when it didn't...which is weird because it would imply that stealth isn't working somehow.