Demon BIDS broke?

Options
PheosNyx - Sanctuary
PheosNyx - Sanctuary Posts: 224 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Wizard
So I finally got demon BIDS (I converted!) and I ran out and tested it on the mobs north of archosaur. I threw it like 30 times before anything even happened, and what DID happen was it ate 10 chi. Puzzled by this, I continued to throw bids, and the next round it ate like 65 chi, and then the next time it proced it ate a spark and a half, leaving me at 199 chi. o_O Has anyone else noticed this strange happening with demon BIDS? The skill description states has a 20% chance to consume no sparks. I think there's a subtext in need here D=
Ling__Tong 101 bm ~ PheosNyx 103 wiz ~ Arande 100 HArcher ~ xXxKuro 100 barb ~ AnselTyme 101 cleric ~ lukeFONfabre 96 seeker ~ Tori_Anzu 90 mystic ~ KateiiHimura 95 veno ~ Artemaeus 58 psy. Playing since April 2009.
Post edited by PheosNyx - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Yeah the description is wrong, when it procs.. it gives 2 sparks first, then uses 2 sparks. So if you start with full chi, the proc will do absolutely nothing (start with 399 chi, procs so you "gain 2 sparks" but you are at the max already so still have 399 chi then uses 2 sparks so you end up with 199 chi). So you will never have more than 199 chi after you use the skill, and the closer to 2 sparks you are when you start channeling the more effective the proc will be if it works. Significantly less awesome than the description leads you to believe :(

For anyone that remembers me, got a few weeks till school starts back up.. and apparently I suck at life and can't find anything to do over summer, so I figured I'd stop in to say hi to some old friends :D
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    long as you didnt log in and actually play adroit, nirvana 3rd cast farmed in warsong and skills to make sins not kill mages. pwi is finally headed in a better direction though its probably to late to save it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    long as you didnt log in and actually play adroit, nirvana 3rd cast farmed in warsong and skills to make sins not kill mages. pwi is finally headed in a better direction though its probably to late to save it.

Well, my plan right now is to just log in and talk to friends.. and might try making a few coins while I'm talking. If I make some reasonable amount of money (doubtful, never been my forte) I do miss the pk a bit.. and might try it out. Just depends if I can get out of this TT90 +5 gear lol :P
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Hi noob. b:cute

hai <3 howz it goin? b:cute
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Gewd. Yew?

147 kills last TW. "flex e-peen"

haha life is good for me, work is a little boring.. I'm destroying all my classes at school >:D

I wanna kill people in TW again D: I just wish someone with good gear that quit would let me pk on their char for a few days.. get that pk bug out of me XD Probably never happen though, I gotta gear my char up if I wanna pk again haha
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2012
    Options
    haha life is good for me, work is a little boring.. I'm destroying all my classes at school >:D

I wanna kill people in TW again D: I just wish someone with good gear that quit would let me pk on their char for a few days.. get that pk bug out of me XD Probably never happen though, I gotta gear my char up if I wanna pk again haha

I start my second year in a couple weeks. Getting into more in-depth security systems and procedures etc. Excited but at the same time I still ****ing hate school and would rather sleep. b:cute

Yes you do. You and your shetty TT90 gear. If you geared up, we could have done the cross-server PvP event tomorrow :( BUT YOU HAD TO BE A NOOB
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I start my second year in a couple weeks. Getting into more in-depth security systems and procedures etc. Excited but at the same time I still ****ing hate school and would rather sleep. b:cute

Yes you do. You and your shetty TT90 gear. If you geared up, we could have done the cross-server PvP event tomorrow :( BUT YOU HAD TO BE A NOOB

D: Didn't know they did cross server PVP events now, either way still good news for you.. I'd have sent you right back to your carebear server! b:kiss
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2012
    Options
    D: Didn't know they did cross server PVP events now, either way still good news for you.. I'd have sent you right back to your carebear server! b:kiss

Truth is I lied about the cross-server event thing to try and get you back to playing, but it failed :(

And pssssssht. I'd have used my TT60 sword and one shot you scrub wiz.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Truth is I lied about the cross-server event thing to try and get you back to playing, but it failed :(

And pssssssht. I'd have used my TT60 sword and one shot you scrub wiz.

haha that thought was in the back of my mind :P You don't happen to use gchat do you?
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2012
    Options
    haha that thought was in the back of my mind :P You don't happen to use gchat do you?

gchat as in guild chat? Yea Oo
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    gchat as in guild chat? Yea Oo

I meant google chat :P
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I meant google chat :P

Y u gotta B weird 4?

No, I don't. I use MSN like a normal person =p
  • Daemon_Imp - Lost City
    Daemon_Imp - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

but i use gchat and im normal! b:cry i think... lemme check brbb:shocked
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Y u gotta B weird 4?

gchat is so convenient, whai you no use? b:angry
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Now that this thread is completely derailed anyway.....

Lingeh <3 lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    PheosNyx - Sanctuary Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Yeah the description is wrong, when it procs.. it gives 2 sparks first, then uses 2 sparks. So if you start with full chi, the proc will do absolutely nothing (start with 399 chi, procs so you "gain 2 sparks" but you are at the max already so still have 399 chi then uses 2 sparks so you end up with 199 chi). So you will never have more than 199 chi after you use the skill, and the closer to 2 sparks you are when you start channeling the more effective the proc will be if it works. Significantly less awesome than the description leads you to believe :(

For anyone that remembers me, got a few weeks till school starts back up.. and apparently I suck at life and can't find anything to do over summer, so I figured I'd stop in to say hi to some old friends :D

Q,q that's bsy! well thanks for the tip :o I'll always use BIDS second then xD

Now that this thread is completely derailed anyway.....

Lingeh <3 lol

b:kiss yo waddaup
    Ling__Tong 101 bm ~ PheosNyx 103 wiz ~ Arande 100 HArcher ~ xXxKuro 100 barb ~ AnselTyme 101 cleric ~ lukeFONfabre 96 seeker ~ Tori_Anzu 90 mystic ~ KateiiHimura 95 veno ~ Artemaeus 58 psy. Playing since April 2009.
This discussion has been closed.