Advanced Endless Universe- Dark Light New Glitch!

Options
Raphxelion - Raging Tide
Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
Alright, ever since that update (PWI REFLECTION) ADVANCED ENDLESS UNIVERSE- Sub boss chigo, version: Dark Light as been glitched. This glitch happened to me every time i got the Dark Light version of AEU, concluding that this glitch isn't a simple coincidence. I am also assuming that this glitch has happened to many others and I am the first to report it, on forums. I will include step by step screenshots of the glitch happening and things i attempted to do to fix the problem.
The PWI REFLECTION update included a part where AEU Version chigo wouldn't fail if the leader dc or transfer, however it seems it is now all together impossible to fail which means it is impossible to reset, with a glitch that freezes the kill count for both sides!

I took a couple screenshots here are 5 explaining the glitch and attempts to fix.

PART1
http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv82/lagdance/2012-08-08PART1.jpg
AS YOU CAN SEE THE MONSTERS ARE PASSING BUT THE COUNT IS STUCK

PART2 http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv82/lagdance/2012-08-08PART2.jpg
THE LEAD IS PASSED OVER TO ME IN HOPES OF THE QUEST FAILING. IT DOESN'T FAIL AND WE ARE UNABLE TO RESET

PART3 http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv82/lagdance/2012-08-08PART3.jpg
I DELETE THE QUEST, BUT I GET A NEW ONE RIGHT AFTER

PART4 http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv82/lagdance/2012-08-08PART4.jpg
AFTER LEAVING THE INSTANCE, THE QUEST FINALLY FAILS

PART5 http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv82/lagdance/2012-08-08PART5.jpg
I RE-ENTER THE INSTANCE AND GET THE QUEST BACK

PLEASE IT WOULD HELP IF A GM COULD REPLY, I TRIED POSTING A TICKET BUT, THE TICKET PAGE IS DOWN
Post edited by Raphxelion - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Were you ever able to reset the instance like this? That quest doesn't actually do anything but display the value of the kill counters similar to the counter quests in TT. It's never been required to even have it so trashing it should have no effect.

The kill counter being stuck sounds like the actual bug but I haven't encountered that before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012
    Options
    no you are unable to reset the instance, the kill count freezes, and you can't fail or complete. Same thing happened 3 times i came upon this version, only started happening after reflection update
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I would say you post your problem in the new Technical Support Forum, for fast and better response to this issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • WarSky - Raging Tide
    WarSky - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    glitch happened to me also
  • do0cracy
    do0cracy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Hey everyone, we're looking into this now.

Just to clarify - when you say that the kill count quest was "frozen," do you mean that when you continued to kill monsters, the quest did not change its display?

Also, did you have access to the "Start Over" quest from Luminous Jade? Or did that quest not appear? From looking at the screenshots, I'm not seeing the quest flag over his head, which is definitely unusual.

Any more information would be helpful, thanks!

FYI, I've moved this thread to General Discussion to get more views from players.

If anyone else has had this issue, please let me know. All details are helpful.

Thanks!
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Do0cracy wrote: »

Just to clarify - when you say that the kill count quest was "frozen," do you mean that when you continued to kill monsters, the quest did not change its display?

Also, did you have access to the "Start Over" quest from Luminous Jade? Or did that quest not appear? From looking at the screenshots, I'm not seeing the quest flag over his head, which is definitely unusual.

FYI, I've moved this thread to General Discussion to get more views from players.

Thanks!
    Yep, when i say it is frozen, i meen quest count does not change and the freeze happens immediately after starting the quest, we even tried killing for another 10minutes and nothing changed.

The Start over quest never appeared. If you look at screenshot 3, after deleting the quest it automatically pops back up on the quest log. Because we cant fail without getting the same quest right after, it is impossible to reset the chigo instance. But yes we never saw the startover quest.

And thank you very much for the reply! I'll add more screenshots if i come across the version again
  • Merenth - Archosaur
    Merenth - Archosaur Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Heres a new twist. I was in Morai flying from sandscrape tower to the Luminance elder when all of a sudden this same quest 'Balance of light/Shadow' pops up and inserts into my quest list. I then try to trash it and no matter how many times i click the trash button it comes back and i cant get rid of it.

Edit: It did finally fail and leave my quest list when i left Morai
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear. - Socrates
  • Juffin - Archosaur
    Juffin - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    As soon as I entered Morai today the quest poped up. I trashed it and it poped up again. Leave Morai goes away, re-enter morai and get quest again. This is about as annoying as the proposed update of limiting farming to 8hrs or Red Spam heaven.
    edited August 2012
    Options
    the quest popping on and off as never happened to me, only happens when i get the aeu dark/light version, try taking a screenshot and post it here?
  • TheFinder - Raging Tide
    TheFinder - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Heres a new twist. I was in Morai flying from sandscrape tower to the Luminance elder when all of a sudden this same quest 'Balance of light/Shadow' pops up and inserts into my quest list. I then try to trash it and no matter how many times i click the trash button it comes back and i cant get rid of it.

this is unrelated to the AEU gltich.

what you are describing is caused by quest-lag. minutes at illusion stone to teleport into an instance. quests reappearing hours later. turning into a rat in archosaur hours after using the pill in aeu. timers getting stuck at 00:00 in 100 Second Stand rooms in cube. or quest timer of sin detection potions getting stuck at 00:00 for the druation of the entire tw.

but i can reassure you that there is no quest-lag for over a month now. you are imagining it, i am imagining it, my faciton is imagining it the entire server is imagining it. there is no quest-lag. i can save you the trouble of sending a ticket, here is the homeopathic solution: verify your client.
  • True_magic - Heavens Tear
    True_magic - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

Thanks!

it happened on my squad too we wanted to reset but the npc didnt had the quest it was kind of a mess b:surrender
    edited August 2012
    Options

what you are describing is caused by quest-lag. minutes at illusion stone to teleport into an instance. quests reappearing hours later. turning into a rat in archosaur hours after using the pill in aeu. timers getting stuck at 00:00 in 100 Second Stand rooms in cube. or quest timer of sin detection potions getting stuck at 00:00 for the druation of the entire tw.

but i can reassure you that there is no quest-lag for over a month now. you are imagining it, i am imagining it, my faciton is imagining it the entire server is imagining it. there is no quest-lag. i can save you the trouble of sending a ticket, here is the homeopathic solution: verify your client.
    i know this is off topic with the aeu glitch but this as all happened to me and if i send a ticket my answer is "verify my client" doesn't solve the problem quest lag exists!
  • do0cracy
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Hey guys, we're really digging into this issue, and the devs are trying to get a fix for it.

Here's some more information that could help us isolate this issue:

1) Before the Balance Light / Dark quest froze up, what was the team status? Positioning, buffs, kill order, etc. Any kind of details could help.

2) What was the team make up (classes, number of members) when it occurred?

3) For the freeze - did the quest count kills up to about 3 or 4 before freezing, or has anyone seen it freeze at 0? Or well past 3-4?

4) Did the numbers appear different in your quest log?

I know it's asking a lot, but we're doing our best, and this information could help.

So the next time anyone comes across this bug, please gather what information you can and post it here or send me a PM. b:thanks

Thanks everyone.
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    had that glitch also i think;
    theres no other way to reset it than to kill the npc

however, i had that glitch once or twice in the bushes option (boss: locen), after forgequest (flames etc) was done we had to kill those 4 wraiths, and quest said "minions killed: 200/4" and kept increasing, but the quest didnt go on
    in bushes option the problem is that u cant kill the npc, means we had to reset the instance and start over

the twin boss option glitches as well sometimes
    as soon as the mag+phys immune boss spawns u start to dd on those and suddenly u see one of them "falling" through the textures and cant target anymore
    usually some1 in pk mode then has to kill the npc in order to let the restart-option pop up, since simple lead-passing only fails the current quest, not the whole quest itself
    when u re-do that u usually get 3 bosses standing there, depending on which one glitched u either have 2mag 1ele or 1mag 2 ele immunes...lol

a few times also the very last boss (aurogon) glitched, after first teleport he respawned, but the teleported one was there as well..

note: if screenshots r needed, ill have to look them up, not sure if i saved them
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    Deant - Raging Tide Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    1) Before the Balance Light / Dark quest froze up, what was the team status? Positioning, buffs, kill order, etc. Any kind of details could help.

We were on side oposite the side of mobs spowning. full buffed

10 ppl, any class. i dont think its class related

3) For the freeze - did the quest count kills up to about 3 or 4 before freezing, or has anyone seen it freeze at 0? Or well past 3-4?
    It freezes on number 4 for both light and dark sides. As soon as first 4 mobs die on both sides

everyone got "4"
  • Puri_proc - Lost City
    Puri_proc - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    thank you Do0cracy for taking this seriously.

this screenshot shows the quest status. it remains the same from the point of taking the quest until the point wehre the squad gives up frustrated. it remains unchanged, no matter how many mobs have been killed or how much time has passed.

as for you your question about the squadsetup, i have to tell you that it doesnt matter. this bug occurs 100% every time the chigo-wing is selected randomly upon starting aeu. the Bug Fix "AEU, Chigo wing: Balance Light / Balance Shadow quests no longer fails if player goes offline or leader changes." from the Patch Notes Version 658 - Released August 8, 2012 is clearly the culprit here!
    Hey guys, we're really digging into this issue, and the devs are trying to get a fix for it.
    i have a far-fetched idea and some might call me crazy, but how about someone tells the devs to actually play pwi, enter AEU, and see the bug first-hand?

p.s.
    i also have the quest-lag with all the described negative effects. surprisingly the obvious server-sided quest-lag didn't get any better after i verified my client. b:shocked
  • Merenth - Archosaur
    Merenth - Archosaur Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

Cant have quest lag if I never took the quest to begin with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear. - Socrates
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    This bug may be caused by something in particular, cause it doesn't always occurs.
    Tbh, I've never seen it so far.
    I had this version once yesterday and all went well, and got this version again twice in a row a few hours ago, no bug occured...
    In yesterday's run and first run of today we were 10 ppl, today'd 2nd run we were 9...
    Never got glitched :o
    So I'm guessing there gotta be something that "activates" that glitch.
    edited August 2012
    Options

Here's some more information that could help us isolate this issue:

I know it's asking a lot, but we're doing our best, and this information could help.

So the next time anyone comes across this bug, please gather what information you can and post it here or send me a PM. b:thanks

Thanks everyone.
    1. I was at Light with a cleric, 1sin, 2psychic

3. the quest count appeared to 4 then froze there, other times i have done this the count sometimes as been 8 or 6 then froze

4. number on quest list was the same

I'll definitely try and upload more screenshots from different runs this week, when i come across the chigo version
  • do0cracy
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Hey guys, thanks for the additional information.

We're still working on this bug, but it's a bit of a tough one.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, we're having a hard time reproducing it internally, which is part of why we're asking for more information.

Please bear with us as we keep working on this problem!

b:thanks
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Hey guys, thanks for the additional information.

We're still working on this bug, but it's a bit of a tough one.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, we're having a hard time reproducing it internally, which is part of why we're asking for more information.

Please bear with us as we keep working on this problem!

b:thanks
    here is some addition info i got from last encounter,basically took screenshots of the entire process from taking the quest to the first kill count and till it froze.

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv82/lagdance/PART1.jpg (Talked to the npc to start the aeu random instance)

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv82/lagdance/PART12.jpg (Talked to the npc to start the dark&light version)

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv82/lagdance/PART13.jpg (2 dark light npc spawn)

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv82/lagdance/PART22.jpg (starting to kill)

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv82/lagdance/PART3.jpg (killing, quest log count is the same as tab)

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv82/lagdance/PART4.jpg (still killing, dark as 4 light as 3)

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv82/lagdance/PART5.jpg (freezes when dark and light both have 4) quest log is also the same

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv82/lagdance/PART6.jpg (we're still killing nothing changes)

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv82/lagdance/part7.jpg (quest failing after leaving)

not sure if this is enough info I'm thinking of just uploading a video, not sure how but would be a fun process figuring it out lol
  • do0cracy
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Thanks for all the screenshots and the explanations ^_^
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I just ran two Chigo AEU instances yesterday, one right after another.
    I have yet to experience the glitch, but it sounds extremely frustrating, and I hope the problem is discovered and fixed soon! b:shocked

But something must be triggering it indeed x.x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Thanks for all the screenshots and the explanations ^_^
    np just hoping it gets fixed soon so i can go back to doing aeu :D
  • do0cracy
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Hey guys, just checking back in.

Anyone still having this issue? We've been slaying gremlins on our servers, so we're hoping things have improved.

Internal tests have indicated that our live servers are laterally stiff, yet vertically compliant.

b:chuckle
  • samhead
    samhead Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I have never been in AEU, so it is impossible for me to have taken the Dark/Light quest. I entered Morai today and *pop* there's the Light/Dark quest thing in my quest log. I had no idea what it was, at first I thought it was some new Public Quest or something...went searching for Luminous Jade to talk to, to 'reset'...of course couldn't find any such person. Weird.
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

Thanks!

and they say gms dont do anything nowadays. bs. keep up the good work dude
  • Sneaker - Dreamweaver
    Sneaker - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    well i did my morai dailies today...timed quest divine quest and crazy stones but i got the aeu light dark as a quest which i did not take in the first place,

i tried trashing the quest but it keeps coming back b:surrender
    Sneaker 105 sage sin

"Memory is the guardian of all things"

Cicero
  • garoff
    garoff Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    It just happened to me.
    I just spoke with Shroud Knight Synea, to take my daily quest "Buzzard Hunting" and Balance Light / Shadow quest appeared in my quests.

b:bye
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Happened to me Today, went into Morie, green quest appears on screen and in log, I have no idea why, and fails when I leave. I have not been in AEU yet, nor have I ever taken this quest from any NPC.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle