Do they still allow non aps/refined people into nirvana runs?

CandyCorn - Raging Tide
CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
the title says it all
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
Post edited by CandyCorn - Raging Tide on

Comments

• bearyflair
    bearyflair Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Depends on the server you're in, but generally it's 5APS +10 that's wanted for 5 mins runs.
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012
    raging tides
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Who are "they"?
    It's not really a matter of allowing. If people have low aps they form low aps/faction squads, while 5 apsers go with 5 apsers. It's slower, but it's still nirvana.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
    edited August 2012
    Who are "they"?
    It's not really a matter of allowing. If people have low aps they form low aps/faction squads, while 5 apsers go with 5 apsers. It's slower, but it's still nirvana.

Good point, thankyou. Lol totally forgot about that.
  • Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    non aps should go casters. some OP squads may take a barb just for 'lols'
    seems to be a trend to ask for +10 4/5aps these days though
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Depend on the server, but in worse case just start a non 5 aps squad, i'm sure if you world chat making a squad nvm what aps you will get a lot of pm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    there are plenty of non +10 5aps people that want to run nirvana.

there are also plenty of scrubs that will demand 5aps +10 even though they dont have it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    bearyflair wrote: »
    Depends on the server you're in, but generally it's 5APS +10 that's wanted for 5 mins runs.

This, however, people just love seeing +10, regardless of what the weapon actually..........is.

The pros demand, at a minimum, +10 Nirv s3 fist/claw/dagger users. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • dog10240
    dog10240 Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Bosses there I heard are phys immune and those who hate playing caster classes but prefer barb or seeker as a main for "fun" are screwed over sadly or just hate APS in general. And for casters you also need good gear, not all are taken. I'm another 5aps tho so I can't say much more then that.

Another thing I've noticed on my server is an increase in Demon HF BM's being wanted over other 5aps bm's without demon hf. This is why I run with my APS friends...we don't care for a stupid skill to be accepted in, its 3 more seconds of a normal HF, big deal.
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    Zanir - Lothranis Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited August 2012

If you're taking a barb "just for the lols" then you must know some craptastic barbs. A well geared, knowledgeable barb can actually increase the effectiveness of a squad. Hard to beat a 50% defense reduction that can be kept up permanently as well as the Attack and HP boost from buffs.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Make. Your. Own. Squad.

Really, why do these discussions even come up anymore?
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited August 2012
    Make. Your. Own. Squad.

Really, why do these discussions even come up anymore?
    That has already been said before sir. Beside my purpose of the thread has already ended after someone had already stated it. You and everyone else is contributing to the livelyness of the thread.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    That has already been said before sir. Beside my purpose of the thread has already ended after someone had already stated it. You and everyone else is contributing to the livelyness of the thread.

I am not complaining that the thread is bumped, I am complaining that it even began. If common sense didn't really dictate what to do, a simple forum search would have probably led you to a similar conclusion concerning 5aps nirvana squads. Plus, I will keep it lively because how else would I reap massive postcountage?
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    dog10240 wrote: »
    Bosses there I heard are phys immune and those who hate playing caster classes but prefer barb or seeker as a main for "fun" are screwed over sadly or just hate APS in general.

Seekers are actually pretty nice to have in Arcane NV. Their shatters (Soulshatter<3) and Vortex vs Vampiric Sovereign (allowing the Wiz to use Undine and other skills) make them a lovely addition to a party running through that place.

I do feel for Barbs in that regard...but they're still in high demand for full RBs and so many end up going claw nowadays for TT/NV anyways... =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
    edited August 2012
    I am not complaining that the thread is bumped, I am complaining that it even began. If common sense didn't really dictate what to do, a simple forum search would have probably led you to a similar conclusion concerning 5aps nirvana squads. Plus, I will keep it lively because how else would I reap massive postcountage?

Your assuming that I would actually forum search, the thread was an obvoius indication that I didnt have any plans to do such a thing. My statement "I totatly forgot about that" also conteracts your common sense remark, we are all humans and we do forgot. Trolling also helps post countage too.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    dog10240 wrote: »
    Another thing I've noticed on my server is an increase in Demon HF BM's being wanted over other 5aps bm's without demon hf. This is why I run with my APS friends...we don't care for a stupid skill to be accepted in, its 3 more seconds of a normal HF, big deal.

It's actually a very nice skill, especially for a support class like a BM. If you can afford 5aps, you can afford HF or at least work towards it. I see far too many BM's prioritising their +10 weapon and 5aps over getting their skills, it gets a little depressing seeing a bm with +10 gear overwriting your lv11 bell. Also those 3 seconds translate to a 50% increase in duration, which is definitely a big deal.

I agree it shouldn't be mandatory, but also it's something you should work towards if you want to be of the best use to your squad that you can.

Anyway, last 2x I actually noticed a large number of vana squads that didn't specify any aps at all. I ended up joining a few for 99 key runs and sure enough, plenty of non-aps players running vana. Best bet is form your own squad.

Though vana seems to be gradually dying out.
    edited August 2012
    what is a vana?
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    what is a vana?

Nirvana, some people call it vana, narnia etc...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited August 2012
    Nirvana, some people call it vana, narnia etc...

Oh Ok thanks.
  • Webspin - Archosaur
    Webspin - Archosaur Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    No - Most people are noobs and can't do Nirvana without 5aps r9 etc. "Link your weapon lol" nooby
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Trolling also helps post countage too.

Lo, too true. Plustree!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    No - Most people are noobs and can't do Nirvana without 5aps r9 etc. "Link your weapon lol" nooby

more like people dont want to think they spent/farmed a bunch of money so they can drag along 4 hypernoob NPC geared scrubs, and split the profit 6 ways while spitting the work 1 or 2 ways and would rather farm with people who have put an equal investment into playing as they have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • doitmuku
    doitmuku Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    more like people dont want to think they spent/farmed a bunch of money so they can drag along 4 hypernoob NPC geared scrubs, and split the profit 6 ways while spitting the work 1 or 2 ways and would rather farm with people who have put an equal investment into playing as they have.

human are greedy... specially when it come to money or coins in our case..
    i'd say wats wrong with helping other ppl ? doenst hurt ?
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    Nana_PL - Raging Tide Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    there are plenty of non +10 5aps people that want to run nirvana.

^ This, if u're not aps, or a low aps, make a low aps squad, or go to caster nirvana. You will be slower thn 5 aps/ r9 +10/12 squads but still getting things done :) that's all that matters b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
    edited August 2012
    doitmuku wrote: »
    human are greedy... specially when it come to money or coins in our case..
    i'd say wats wrong with helping other ppl ? doenst hurt ?

it is just as selfish to expect people to give you charity as is to deny those people that are expecting it.

helping people is fine. but you arent helping people by taking along leeches, you are encouraging them to leech.

giving money to beggars doest help them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Mostly because people asking for +10 5 aps link weapon blah blah are lazy. And also want to spam as fast as possible for maximum profit. Sure you look like an elitist idiot yelling for stuff like that, but hell, you're a rich elitist idiot, so well you do as you like.
    I guess the thought process is too that people with that kind of gear know how to use it b:chuckle flawed logic, but there you go.
    The really funny part is when you assume the person yelling also has the equipment they're requesting potential squadmates to have, but when you join the squad and spy out their gear, they're often not even kinda close <.<

I don't even like high aps squads personally. Ok admittedly if you're going to have medium/low aps, people have to be competent enough to actually do the dungeon, and sometimes that's a tall order to fill these days.
  • doitmuku
    edited August 2012
    it is just as selfish to expect people to give you charity as is to deny those people that are expecting it.

helping people is fine. but you arent helping people by taking along leeches, you are encouraging them to leech.

giving money to beggars doest help them.

if u can run with 4 ppl why u dont bring 1 or 2 with average gear with u ? i think as long as they not standing afk is ok... lets start think like u helping ur faction member...
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    doitmuku wrote: »
    if u can run with 4 ppl why u dont bring 1 or 2 with average gear with u ? i think as long as they not standing afk is ok... lets start think like u helping ur faction member...

The thing is, that is happening all over the place.

Just that squads that stay within your faction or friends list don't tend to go to WC. And thus their public visibility is zero. So it appears like no one is doing it.

Personally I kinda dislike Nirvana. I find it repetitive, so I usually only stick to 99 keys squads within my faction and friends list.

And what exactly is "average gear"? And why should we bother taking some randoms on our runs if we can take people we know?
    The really funny part is when you assume the person yelling also has the equipment they're requesting potential squadmates to have, but when you join the squad and spy out their gear, they're often not even kinda close <.<

That kind of stuff earns a spot on my blacklist. Especially if the person in question has little to no contribution to the squad, such as being a tank barb.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Back when i had silly goals i only did duo/trio.
    When that passed, i tried to organize non aps runs.
  • doitmuku
    edited August 2012
    And what exactly is "average gear"? And why should we bother taking some randoms on our runs if we can take people we know?

average gear for me is r8 but still around 2-2.5 aps.. did we talk about ppl who making squad from world chat ?

1 question for u ? there are 7 ppl u know asking nirv.. 5 is ur ussual squad.. 2 left.. 1 is r9 sin+12 weapon n the other r8 with aps 2 plus weapon refine around 3-4.. both asking u for nirv.. both u know.. who u choose...