Gaia's Blessing

Eoria - Harshlands
Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Mystic
Before I decide whether or not to learn this skill, I thought it'd be okay to ask the mystic community if they found it useful at all. 1 spark for an AOE IH with a 60sec CD kinda seems...idk, not worth it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
I <3 Subtraction.
/blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
Post edited by Eoria - Harshlands on

Comments

• MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I personally would learn it, it seems pretty useful to me mixed if mixed with Vital and Verdant Blessing. I don't have it though so maybe someone who has it could answer better.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I found it pretty useful in hard aoe situations. A constant heal will help a lot when your BB just dropped or you're at a boss where you simply can't drop herbs because of aoe or the trerrain.

And being sage I can't say I ever lacked the spark to cast it. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Even if you sell it, ask the buyer if you can make a video of them using it please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    It's pretty lame looking actually. lol Just the same as aoe rez buff. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• LividLemur - Dreamweaver
    LividLemur - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    well if someone on DW wants to sell it, pm me xD. Farming aeu gets old after awhile
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    get it if you heal in squad. dont get it if you dont.

personally i wouldnt get it cos i do not heal in squad. and most of my faction who i squad with do not get 1h when bb drop if I am a main healer.

I'd rather save the 1 spark for something else.

that's just my personal opinion.
  • eldeljea
    eldeljea Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i bought the skill for 5m and i have to say its not THAT useful because of the cooldown.
    of course i always use it when i can (pretty often main healer) but the 60 sec to cast it again is really annoying.
    i also thought it would look better but developers seemed to be lazy with new myst skills or does any other class have same looking skills?
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I got both the mystic skills for free because a friend couldn't get anybody to buy them.

It costs a spark to cast for 12 seconds of healing, which means you could've just used that spark to AoE heal with vital herb for 20 seconds.

Plus Comforting Mist has only a 1 second longer channel and cost 0 chi.

So don't pay anything over 5mill.
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    eldeljea wrote: »
    i bought the skill for 5m and i have to say its not THAT useful because of the cooldown.
    of course i always use it when i can (pretty often main healer) but the 60 sec to cast it again is really annoying.
    i also thought it would look better but developers seemed to be lazy with new myst skills or does any other class have same looking skills?

It looks pretty amazing, actually. Two huge golden jugs of water pouring all over the squad.
    you have your effects turned up?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited August 2012
    Meh. I got it in AEU. I mostly use my mystic for PVP and the occasional caster's so this doesn't really sound that worth it, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• eldeljea
    eldeljea Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It looks pretty amazing, actually. Two huge golden jugs of water pouring all over the squad.

ye i have the effects turned on but i dont like what it looks like. and why is myst the only class with new same looking skills. it was already lame that invigorate looks same as verdant blessing, now i found out that gaia's blessing looks just the same as aoe ressbuff. so 4 new skills but 2 new graphical innovations yay b:surrender
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Yep, sounds exactly like aoe res. Looks great, but the fact that it's a copy is lame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have it and use it often in PvE since i have the luck to almost always be in squad with lame metal mage, but for PvP i guess people prefer use spark on thicket and other stuff.

But the heal is pretty amazing though on my case it give around 4k hp every 3 seconds for 12 seconds, so i guess that could be a life saver in PvP if the person want to sacrifice a spark for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited August 2012
    Is it worth 20-30m though? I've just had a look through west arch and shops are selling for around that price... don't want to get ripped off.
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Wow, idk what shops you found but I've been trying to buy it forever and no one was selling it anywhere.

That being said I wouldn't pay more than 7mil for it, and that's not just because I currently only have about that much...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
    edited August 2012
    There is a cleric shop near south auctioneer with it for 20m and a shop near west arch teleporter with on that in there. I just WC'd and offered someone 8m for it and got called a noob x_x
  • ichigotomikan
    ichigotomikan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    yeah it's 20-30m in HT. idk if it's worth it or not because of the 1min. cd + 1spark b:lipcurl
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    The only wcs I've seen buying on sanc or catshops were around 30mil. I bought mine off a fac mate for cheaper since books in aeu seem to hate me. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2012
    I bought mine for 10m on HL. I don't regret bought it at all, but i guess that depend how the person play his character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    There is a cleric shop near south auctioneer with it for 20m and a shop near west arch teleporter with on that in there. I just WC'd and offered someone 8m for it and got called a noob x_x

In Heavens Tear people always tend to overprice skills , whethere they are hard or easy to gain. plain stupidness to be honest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I saw it just now for 30m. Eventually just like every other mediocre skill it will end up being 6m in a year. Assuming there is anyone around to buy it a year from now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think it's worth depends on how it works. Does it heal 25% + 785 per tick for 4 ticks? If so then the skill is basically giving your entire squad a multi-stacked ironheart instantly. On my mystic that would mean healing my entire squad for 5200hp/tick for 4 ticks (20800 total for one spell).

It's use in TW is severely limited by the ****ty 20m range, although it could be useful @ crystal (provided you don't get one-shot by all the +12 R9 wizzies, or purged by all the +12 R9 bows, or dragoned and one-shot by all the +12 r9 psys, etc).

If it's 25% + 785 over 4 ticks then it seems incredibly worthless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
    edited August 2012
    I think it's worth depends on how it works. Does it heal 25% + 785 per tick for 4 ticks? If so then the skill is basically giving your entire squad a multi-stacked ironheart instantly. On my mystic that would mean healing my entire squad for 5200hp/tick for 4 ticks (20800 total for one spell).

It's use in TW is severely limited by the ****ty 20m range, although it could be useful @ crystal (provided you don't get one-shot by all the +12 R9 wizzies, or purged by all the +12 R9 bows, or dragoned and one-shot by all the +12 r9 psys, etc).

If it's 25% + 785 over 4 ticks then it seems incredibly worthless.

Every 3 seconds that heal for 25%+785hp, so ye depend on the magic attack in total it's around 20k in 12 seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2012
    I managed to buy it for 15m, haven't really put it to the test yet though.
  • Miiikan - Heavens Tear
    Miiikan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I managed to buy it for 15m, haven't really put it to the test yet though.

gz! too bad most ppl wants it for 20-30m b:sad
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited August 2012
    wtf, HT. Skill is only worth like 8-10m on HL. 15m max.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    yeh... ht... some skills are just rediculiously stupidly high. people think that skills from morai are worth like 50m+ ea of them regardless their usefulness. its so sad b:thanks
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    yeh... ht... some skills are just rediculiously stupidly high. people think that skills from morai are worth like 50m+ ea of them regardless their usefulness. its so sad b:thanks

the most idiotic think is the fact that they are way easier to aquire than the Demon/Sage ones. The more common a skill , the cheaper it is. People are just way too dump to understand simple economics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The heal is really nice, it would heal 24k for me. Add another 20% because of verdant blessing and that's 28k healing for my mystic.

However, i rarely ever use comforting mist. I'm usually the DD in squad, although i often get to be the healer too sometimes. But i don't have trouble in keeping the squad alive. If someone would be too squishy that even i can't heal this person, then i really doubt that a skill with a 60 second cooldown can help him/her out.

As for TW, if you try to heal with comforting mist a lot, then you're doing something wrong. Same could be said about Gaia blessing.

I'd get it for 10m or lower, but not for more than 10m. So i'll just wait on heaven's tear until price will drop. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
    edited August 2012
    Well I put it to the test in full RB last night and it wasn't too bad, only really used it when BB dropped through stun waves or just for support when the puller was about to collect but yeah I agree that it is not worth 15m, with my channeling I feel that if I do need a quicker AoE heal comforting mist would be better.

I've noticed sometimes that the animation after casting sometimes ticks 5 times rather than 4, anyone else noticed that or am I going insane?