Weaken Snakefist

Options
13»

Comments

• __ian__ - Heavens Tear
    __ian__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Tanked him w/ roughly 5.2k HP for much of the battle. There were a few close calls, but even while frenzied I didnt get 1-hit from him. True, he's a bit tougher than the other BH bosses, but I dont see anything wrong with a challenge.

Ive tanked him also many times. Only time ive had a problem with him is when im either not paying much attention to health or BB drops quickly and i cant pot in time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Complete your first quest. b:bye
    Feb 24, 2009
  • Liril - Dreamweaver
    Liril - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    take a veno they can purge it for the most part lol especially demon purge venos are handy
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Well there's your problem, your standards for "Good" are WAY off...

Let's put it this way, 7K HP on a 100+ BM? Pathetic...

My level 80 BM will have that soon enough ._.
    Current Gears
    pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    All I'll say about this thread is.

Prime example of why NOT to plvl your butt to endgame without having appropriate gear for end game level instances.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

Prime example of why NOT to plvl your butt to endgame without having appropriate gear for end game level instances.

+1b:cute
    Current Gears
    pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Maybe I should point out there was a period of time way back when... where cvs rules the arrows... and where every last archer and their archer dog was able to solo DD snakefist without BB and little to no outside help.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Maybe I should point out there was a period of time way back when... where cvs rules the arrows... and where every last archer and their archer dog was able to solo DD snakefist without BB and little to no outside help.

Oh God you're infected with Inveturd Disease! Quick someone call helpdesk! D:

I remember that... we had glitched the boss.... and then us archers soloed it >.>

Does that even work anymore?
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Oh God you're infected with Inveturd Disease! Quick someone call helpdesk! D:

I remember that... we had glitched the boss.... and then us archers soloed it >.>

I heard it doesn't, though I wouldn't know. I never had a need to glitch it so I've never seen anyone try it firsthand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Ehh, +6 is still over the average, least on archo that is... It`s a funny server, either you are R9 or you are quite poorly geared. The toons like my sin with R8+10 daggers, 4 aps & +7 armors are quite rare. More often than not my sin is the only "refined DD" in squad.

archo is really a strange server

i could say +10 weapon of r8 /g13 is average on dw...
    ur still missing the entire point on what this thread was about. if u have a 13k charmed bm then obviously u can tank it. thats obviously very well geared.now take away abit of ur dd from refines, abit of ur hp down to say a standerd 9k buffed and take off that charm, then what u say will be relavent to me.

13k hp barb-buffed is not high for a heavy armor bm. maybe for light armor.

BMs get so much HP by adding vitality. why dont they do it when they know they cant afford better armory? :x, pure builds on low gear are kinda counter productive for squad content

ps: i got 1shot by SoT boss on wizard yesterday. i didnt know it can do that too so i pulled it and did nothing to avoid it
    i didnt notice it on assasin before (spark just in time? idk) and never tanked the innitial hits on bm...
    thought bleed was the only thing to "worry" about
    im such a noob
    i like potato
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

i havent power lvled any characters.

as for the bring a purge veno comment. we did his frenzy comes back way to fast

and i do have good enough gear for endgame for right now but getting hit for 23k by snakefist is still redicules. come on someone has to think that cant be normal.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2012
    Options

No idea... i stopped doing BH metal all together a while back and just get them during full warsong.
    and i do have good enough gear for endgame for right now but getting hit for 23k by snakefist is still redicules. come on someone has to think that cant be normal.

I got one hit through BB with full r9 and I still think that normal. And I also seem full r9 jades heavy 20k hp one hit through BB... which is also normal. I am willing to bet that one piece of my gear more then likely cost more then your entire set. Then again... why am I responding to a nobody.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Well there's your problem, your standards for "Good" are WAY off...

Let's put it this way, 7K HP on a 100+ BM? Pathetic...

My level 80 BM will have that soon enough ._.

What this guy said 10k unbuffed is normal if you actually have VIT in your build.

http://pwcalc.com/c90c86efb0a02704 So if your BM had 7k HP it probably looked like this and THIS is a pathetic BM no vit really? the only way I can see him having 7k is if he had vit in his build and still is using TT 90 but all of this is at +4 which is pretty much the min you should have to do BH cause the bosses are harder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2012
    Options
    For a measly fee of 1 million and ownership of the instance... I'll go and tank your BH metal boss on HT.

edited August 2012
    Options
    Psh I'll do it for 500k! b:chuckle
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Nael - Dreamweaver
    Nael - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    13k hp barb-buffed is not high for a heavy armor bm. maybe for light armor.

BMs get so much HP by adding vitality. why dont they do it when they know they cant afford better armory? :x, pure builds on low gear are kinda counter productive for squad content

Back when there were still debates about whether or not Sins can out DD BMs, most BMs had 3-5 base vit, 200 dex with gears, and rest poured into str to increase damage output to fulfill their roles as prime APS DDs. My BM was one of them and she still is although I don't play her actively anymore.

Just the other day she managed to tank Snake and Vile Snake in a caster squad uncharmed, wearing HA/LA mix, and without BP and she has just a bit over 10k hp unbuffed which is not really all that better than 9k hp buffed. Yea there were close calls, but it was nothing worth crying over.
  • katteryne
    katteryne Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Where are these Arcanes with 30k Mdef?

This thread is about players who have **** gear and like 6k mdef.

Even my 282 vit veno managed to top 18k mag defence.

Do the math.

* wtf is wrong with my pic
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Been leveling my BM and gotta wonder how people are saying 6k HP and +5 refines. I'm using some TT90, some TT99 some non-refined, some +2/3, one +5, and have near 6k HP. -No fking vit statted either.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: when I see donkeys dying easily on Snakefist; I look at their equips and they've always sharded citrine and have **** for defense ornaments.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »
    I've said this before and I'll say it again: when I see donkeys dying easily on Snakefist; I look at their equips and they've always sharded citrine and have **** for defense ornaments.

You actually see a lot of BMs that wear Ashura's ornaments and one or two Misty Forests while having 5 aps with anything between +3-10 on their Deicide.

Honestly, if you're going to make a Nirvana farming character, please:
    a. Make sure it's valid elsewhere, or don't bring it outside of Nirvana
    b. Make sure you actually farm the everloving **** out of Nirvana and ditch the farming **** (Ashura's ornaments primarily) as soon as possible
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    You actually see a lot of BMs that wear Ashura's ornaments and one or two Misty Forests while having 5 aps with anything between +3-10 on their Deicide.

Honestly, if you're going to make a Nirvana farming character, please:
    a. Make sure it's valid elsewhere, or don't bring it outside of Nirvana
    b. Make sure you actually farm the everloving **** out of Nirvana and ditch the farming **** (Ashura's ornaments primarily) as soon as possible

Or they could build it right in the first place instead of having absolute **** defense on their character. b:cry
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

Obviously you don't.

Seriously, one instance is giving you trouble while decked out in ho-hum gear and you're crying? This game needs more endgame instances that actually require end game gear, not a nerfng down of the few tough spots that do exist.

If you can't handle it, don't do it, it's as simple as that. When you do gear up, you'll have something to do. Until then occupy yourself with all the rest of the game that your level of gear allows.
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    This thread topic is illustrative in my opinion of the primary reason PWI is going
    downhill:

If something's too hard for me to do, lower the requirements to
    achieve it rather than require me to improve.

And sadly, PWi has accommodated this mindset much too often.