New Character Event.

Comments

• errowen
    errowen Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm a solo only player so far and I've been wanting to learn how to play with a group (though my few experiences with grouping so far have been, at best, disappointing). I know most of you are veteran players starting new characters, and I was wondering if any of you have the patience to help me learn that.

As a confirmed altaholic, I play all classes, though I don't play the barbarian often so I'd also appreciate a suggestion on a class that would be good for learning -- you know, if I mess up, I'm less likely to get everybody killed.

(As a very shy person, it's taken me all weekend to get up the courage to post this, though I've been following the thread since I discovered it, Friday evening, I think.)
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    errowen wrote: »

I've been messing around here for a while now with not a whole lot to do (though I'll admit the guild chat makes it worth just standing around all day b:chuckle) so I can teach you about everything you need to know about any class.

Edit: as for a class, I guess the psychic would be one with low responsibility.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shotwhointhewhat
    shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    errowen wrote: »
    As a confirmed altaholic, I play all classes, though I don't play the barbarian often so I'd also appreciate a suggestion on a class that would be good for learning -- you know, if I mess up, I'm less likely to get everybody killed.

I would say Veno would be one of the easiest classes to play in early levels.
  • errowen
    errowen Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Appreciate the replies. I think I will come and join you. I like Psychics but I have to admit that Venos are my favorite class to play. (Though I will admit that there's just something very therapeutic about loading up my BM and pummeling monsters with my fists when I've had a really bad day!)
  • MysJenny - Heavens Tear
    MysJenny - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Kay shoot me a pm and I'll invite you :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Fon for the siggy ~<3
  • theyarecool
    theyarecool Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Just to post my "goals" xD :
    1 - Level 1-101 without BH or any daily quest, except CS and WQ.
    2- Do and READ all the quests to understand the background story of all the game.
    2 - Exp only by quests/grind/fb, so I won't do FC or even use hyper exp.
    4 - Do not cash :)
    5 - Enjoy doing stuffs with my low level guild-mates :D

b:victory
  • Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide
    Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    :\ If this was a few months back I would've loved to join. As I rage quitted but, decided to come back.

:P Joined a great guild tho it is declining.
    Born to be an Assassin, raised as a Thief.

Keliska - RT 70
  • Istrya - Heavens Tear
    Istrya - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    b:pleasedI enjoyed the evening, Guild Chat was a lot more interesting than general chat. Made it a lot harder to pay attention to my questing as I usually ignore the chat window, but tonight I found I couldn't do it. I was enjoying the by-play among you all too much.

I'm looking forward to getting to my first dungeon so that I can hopefully enjoy the shared gaming experience with some of you.

A question -- is there a limit to the number of alts allowed to join? As I mentioned in my first post, I'm an altaholic, big time -- Gotta have at least one of everything.

So I expect I will soon have all eight slots filled. I'll probably skip barb and assassin here. Lots of sins already in the guild and while I enjoy them, I like ranged, pet and magic classes better. Maybe I'll even learn to heal with a cleric with all your help.

And barb, while fun occasionally, they seem to attract too many dueling requests, and some of these 'guys' just don't take no for an answer. I've had them resort to constantly pinging me, then when I start ignoring them (after refusing two or three times), they resort to vile pms. I've had to actually log off more than once on a barb to get rid of them.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    b:pleasedI enjoyed the evening, Guild Chat was a lot more interesting than general chat. Made it a lot harder to pay attention to my questing as I usually ignore the chat window, but tonight I found I couldn't do it. I was enjoying the by-play among you all too much.

I'm looking forward to getting to my first dungeon so that I can hopefully enjoy the shared gaming experience with some of you.

A question -- is there a limit to the number of alts allowed to join? As I mentioned in my first post, I'm an altaholic, big time -- Gotta have at least one of everything.

So I expect I will soon have all eight slots filled. I'll probably skip barb and assassin here. Lots of sins already in the guild and while I enjoy them, I like ranged, pet and magic classes better. Maybe I'll even learn to heal with a cleric with all your help.

And barb, while fun occasionally, they seem to attract too many dueling requests, and some of these 'guys' just don't take no for an answer. I've had them resort to constantly pinging me, then when I start ignoring them (after refusing two or three times), they resort to vile pms. I've had to actually log off more than once on a barb to get rid of them.

I don't have a problem with multiple characters for now. There is plenty of space for more people still. :D

Glad we all had fun :3
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • MyssFire - Heavens Tear
    MyssFire - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This sounds like fun I might wanna join. Any requirements and stuff?
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This sounds like fun I might wanna join. Any requirements and stuff?

SHould be a new character or at least one really low level. Can't do anything that would give you an abnormal amount of exp. EG you can't eat the fantasy fruit from lucid or buy fc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Time log on and BEAST this Wizard ****! AWWW YEAH SON!
  • SilverSuede - Heavens Tear
    SilverSuede - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hi guys - Love new siggy Jen, great to see Family growing.

Silver <3
    edited August 2012
    Time log on and BEAST this Wizard ****! AWWW YEAH SON!
    DO ET!!!!
    Hi guys - Love new siggy Jen, great to see Family growing.

Silver <3

<3 I gotta say this little thing is the most fun I've had in years.

At level FBs, no high level help, very social group of people, People be missing out on the funyons :O.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Any particular class you'd like more of? I've done all classes (though only one to 100+) and am reasonably competent in most.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
    edited August 2012
    Any particular class you'd like more of? I've done all classes (though only one to 100+) and am reasonably competent in most.

I think the lowest amount of played class we have atm is veno and seeker. I'm at work atm so I can't look myself but any class is welcome for you to try out. :D

There is an officer list on the first page with current officers and if none are online I'm sure one will glance by at this thread and talk to you when they get on. :3
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Yurizuki - Heavens Tear
    Yurizuki - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    There is an officer list on the first page with current officers and if none are online I'm sure one will glance by at this thread and talk to you when they get on. :3

I'd suggest be what you want, but if you really can't choose our class list reads like this atm:

Blademaster - 4
    Wizard - 5
    Venomancer - 4
    Barbarian - 5
    Archer - 4
    Cleric - 8
    Assassin - 6
    Psychic - 3
    Mystic - 6
    Seeker - 2

Some haven't been active since day 1 but we are pretty much balanced across the board. (I should add both seekers are still only level 1, so if you really have an open mind for any class, we might need a seeker the most)
  • FinnyGuard - Heavens Tear
    FinnyGuard - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Looks like fun... sadly I don't play this enough anymore to keep up with you guys.
    edited August 2012
    Looks like fun... sadly I don't play this enough anymore to keep up with you guys.

Don't worry, it's definitely not about keeping up with anything, we all level at different paces. No pressure at all and just have fun.
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    a Seeker could be fun, also a Veno wich I havn't played yet
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
    edited August 2012
    a Seeker could be fun, also a Veno wich I havn't played yet

Well come on over and join the fun of overwhelming Nostalgia :D
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• DancingDusk - Heavens Tear
    DancingDusk - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Can I join? This sounds like fun and I'm new to the game... I don't know much about it or what to do but maybe you guys could help me a little? b:surrender
  • Shield - Raging Tide
    Shield - Raging Tide Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    QQ I gotta fix the screen of my new laptop...dunt kick me ill be MIA for a few days
    edited August 2012
    Can I join? This sounds like fun and I'm new to the game... I don't know much about it or what to do but maybe you guys could help me a little? b:surrender

Definitely, everybody is more than welcome to join us.

The Server is Heaven's Tear and to get an invite pm one of the officers whose names should be listed in one of the posts of this thread.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Out of topic sorry, but nice signature Jen, if it's your archer she's really pretty. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Don't worry, it's definitely not about keeping up with anything, we all level at different paces. No pressure at all and just have fun.

^This.

I personally am keeping myself at level 30 (you lose the free daily hp/mp charms when you ding 31) until I have no more quests available. This means I could be 30 for days, or weeks, depending on how fast/slow I move through them.

It's all about fun. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    b:avoid I've got some irl stuff to take care of for the next day or so. b:sad I'll miss you guys till then D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    b:avoid I've got some irl stuff to take care of for the next day or so. b:sad I'll miss you guys till then D:

Aww, we'll miss you. b:chuckle

Now I can finally catch up muhaha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
    edited August 2012
    QQ I gotta fix the screen of my new laptop...dunt kick me ill be MIA for a few days
    We won't <3 Hope it gets fixed soon.
    Out of topic sorry, but nice signature Jen, if it's your archer she's really pretty. b:cute
    It is and thank you. :D

Kay Jer :3 Hurry back soon :D
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So I heard... This is going to be the Rulers of Heavens Tear as #1 faction? Maybe I should join before it's too late...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory