Why do r9 people do this?

Options
arowz
arowz Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
This is a pointless rant but, most of them i see are like +10-12 and then their shards are flawless.. like cmon you paid for a +11 orb so ik for sure you can buy vit stone or atleast DoT. Either they have fail flawless or OP Gems. Noticed never in the middle?

Im not hating on r9 people. i just find it weird b:laugh
Post edited by arowz on

Comments

• M_ - Dreamweaver
    M_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    maybe they will shard gear with JoSD that are not so cheap....
    90m for a single

sharding full set - 1,5b (without sharding cape and helmet)
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Yeah, flawless are just placeholders, since many have tons from nirv drops/ff.
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Shards are the most expensive thing. Depending on what you're sharding and what server you're on.
    DoDs are 50-55m each on HT, that's 150-170m per jade. Jades are the main choice for most people with R9. 640M PER armor piece, it's only like 300-400m or so to +12 each piece. It makes more sense to go down the list by what's cheaper than by what's more expensive.
    Which is especially true for jades since they're more effective the higher your defense/HP is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • jimbillybob46310
    jimbillybob46310 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Honestly the reason for this in MOST cases is the LACK of DoDs due to ungodly pack sale prices. Less packs being opened = less pack items to go around. You can refine at your leisure but shards take time NOT just coin. At least on Heavens Tear.
    IJS
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    arowz wrote: »
    This is a pointless rant but, most of them i see are like +10-12 and then their shards are flawless.. like cmon you paid for a +11 orb so ik for sure you can buy vit stone or atleast DoT. Either they have fail flawless or OP Gems. Noticed never in the middle?

If they want DoT, they will have DoT or just keep it empty till then.

If they want survival based shards, they will have flawless gems as place holder till they got what they want. Also, vit stones used to be at a +6 to +7 ratio in price (depending on classes). Now they are at a +10 to +11 ratio and even exceeds that depending on which packs are on sales with what bonus. If you look at JoSD, and how close they are to vit stones in terms of survival (again, depending on class), the ratio will be even higher. We're going to a point where it's rational to first +11 your full armor before sharding it.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Everyone more or less stated it already, but yup they're there to fill in the empty sockets as a small benefit to the player while saving up/farming for their endgame shards.

Flawless shards at easily farmed in Nirvana. Otherwise they're 200k each at an overpriced price. With R9 chest, legs, boots, and bracers, that's 16 empty sockets. For people who get r9 or have r9, 3.2m for that small benefit is pocket change. Whereas endgame shards are a bit costlier. 16 sockets with DoT at 18m each on my server is already 288m, and that's the cheapest endgame shard. As Empu stated, if they wanted DoT, they will have it. Vit stones are 41-43m each on my server, so 16 of them is 656m-688m, which is quite a lot of coin.

For single piece comparison, 4 vit stones is 164-172m. That's 40 vit, and for let's say BMs, that's 600 hp and some m/p def. A +11 orb is around the price of 180m or so if you make it during a d orb sale on my server, and that's a 429 hp difference from +10 on r9 and +11. Throw in the extremely cheap placeholder flawless cit shards, and that's an extra 160 hp, or 589 in the end by going +11 first. It's a close call, but then again BMs wouldn't really be wanting to go Vit stones in the end.

The majority of R9 people really want to go jades due to the fact that it has the highest survival rating out of all defensive end-game shards. And I don't need to compare prices of that vs +11, or even +12 orbs.

Anything in sockets > empty sockets. It bugs me even more when people have +10/+11 r9 and have nothing sharded in their gear.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    arowz wrote: »

Im not hating on r9 people. i just find it weird b:laugh

Well atleast they didn't 'Bankrupt themselves' so much, that they only could afford to be able too place (Shabby Shards) in their gears.......b:dirty

Now that would be funny.....b:chuckle
  • Tenasia - Heavens Tear
    Tenasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    maybe they will shard gear with JoSD that are not so cheap....
    90m for a single

sharding full set - 1,5b (without sharding cape and helmet)

WTF 90m for one JoSD on you server? Brb switching.....
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

Ikr D:. Jades are 120m each on my server.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • _rekresreb - Dreamweaver
    _rekresreb - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    If anyone shards dot on wep, they probably shouldnt have r9'd
  • Tenasia - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Ikr D:. Jades are 120m each on my server.

I only have two pieces of gear sharded JoSD right now because of the price.

2.7b to shard your armor without even getting it/refining it is bull ****.
  • M_ - Dreamweaver
    M_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

if you like playing on half dead server you sure can

i would be happy to see someone new since all we got left on DW is same people with more and more alts
  • Tenasia - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2012
    Options
    if you like playing on half dead server you sure can

i would be happy to see someone new since all we got left on DW is same people with more and more alts

I'm sure that's how most servers are right now. On HT, I would say about at least 1/3 of the current TW force is composed purely of alts. b:chuckle
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Why do R9 people buy R9 for pveb:laugh

man i sure hope pw never goes offline lol there is gonna be a mass suicide if that ever happens.b:laugh
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I'd think that if one can afford near/full R9, they could afford Perfects/Exclusives...

Then again, with gear that good and decent refines, I guess it really doesnt matter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • karmiels
    karmiels Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    They are place holders.

Yes we could afford perfects or something better. But just because we have rank9 does not mean we like to waste coin.

So for me its all about adding a little hp till I get the JOSD..
  • G_tar_God - Dreamweaver
    G_tar_God - Dreamweaver Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Thing is most ppl dont hav dreams of sharding with Jades.

I think the most hilarious thing is the R9 dagger sins who +11/12 their wep but are runnin around with their armor still +5 and flawless shards. With those kinda refines sins can't even handle their own wep n would probly kill themselves or still b a shot as 90% of them still are xD
    G_tar_God ~ 104
    Aussie represent for PWI

"Life without music would be a mistake..." [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Thing is most ppl dont hav dreams of sharding with Jades.

I think the most hilarious thing is the R9 dagger sins who +11/12 their wep but are runnin around with their armor still +5 and flawless shards. With those kinda refines sins can't even handle their own wep n would probly kill themselves or still b a shot as 90% of them still are xD

+12 R9 daggers with Drakeflames and +3 shabby sharded armor is legit.
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Worst thing I seen was someone have full set of immacs i believe as fillers. Finally one day got a JoSD got to excited to put it in, went purged the top- put his josd on, but also filled the remaining slots with flawless..
    re
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Shards are the most expensive thing. Depending on what you're sharding and what server you're on.
    DoDs are 50-55m each on HT, that's 150-170m per jade. Jades are the main choice for most people with R9. 640M PER armor piece, it's only like 300-400m or so to +12 each piece. It makes more sense to go down the list by what's cheaper than by what's more expensive.
    Which is especially true for jades since they're more effective the higher your defense/HP is.
    wth? I NEED THE FORMULA MANZ !!! GIMME !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Worst thing I seen was someone have full set of immacs i believe as fillers. Finally one day got a JoSD got to excited to put it in, went purged the top- put his josd on, but also filled the remaining slots with flawless..
    omg what a tool
  • __ian__ - Heavens Tear
    __ian__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    What always boggles my mind is when i see someone with great gear wearing the ugliest free cloths . Like i just payed xxx amount of money and i wanna wear lime green free cloths b:laugh To each his/her own i guess but i just find that abit odd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Complete your first quest. b:bye
    Feb 24, 2009
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

Hahahahaha! Damn that's funny. b:chuckle
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    wth? I NEED THE FORMULA MANZ !!! GIMME !!!

That's going from +10 to +12 not from +0 to +12 :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    You can easily spot a pure cashshopper+FCC nub from their gear. Seen r9 pants with 2 Citrine Gems, 1 Garnet Gem, 1 MP Gem, lmao. Also seen, top with 2 JOSD 2 DoDs. The funny thing is, the pants are all DoDs... Could just have made top full JOSD...b:laugh
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    You can easily spot a pure cashshopper+FCC nub from their gear. Seen r9 pants with 2 Citrine Gems, 1 Garnet Gem, 1 MP Gem, lmao. Also seen, top with 2 JOSD 2 DoDs. The funny thing is, the pants are all DoDs... Could just have made top full JOSD...b:laugh

Yeah that would make me lol too.

I remember sharding my cleric's gear with JoSD before people realized that it was good for 20 mil b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.