SS and GoF proc rates

Typhyse - Sanctuary
Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Assassin
I know these have been stated in here before, but that was a long time ago.
What are the proc rates of SS and GoF? I think the last time Olba mentioned them, he said 15% and 25% respectively. Am I correct, or have people seen otherwise? Looking at an old thread on it from 2010, they're said to be 15-20% and 30-40%, but I'm know those estimates have lowered as it's been around more and people have been able to give more accurate proc rate averages.

For the record, I need GoF and SS's proc rates to help me decide whether I should roll GoF r8r or SS/-int g15. I already have G13, so either would cost about the same. As an additional question, what are your opinions; would it better to have g13 for bosses and single mobs while using GoF r8r for AoE, or just get SS/-int DDT for all and call it a day?
Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
~Spazz~
Post edited by Typhyse - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    SS is 15% and GoF is 20%.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • shotwhointhewhat
    shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Don't they both have GoF? Or is the odds too bad on one and better on the other?
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    For the record, I need GoF and SS's proc rates to help me decide whether I should roll GoF r8r or SS/-int g15. I already have G13, so either would cost about the same. As an additional question, what are your opinions; would it better to have g13 for bosses and single mobs while using GoF r8r for AoE, or just get SS/-int DDT for all and call it a day?

GoF for aoe is nice, but if i was going for a weapon to be a aoe monkey i would choose att levels on the weapon. Main reason is more consistent damage over the possibility to zerk. Plus with GoF you have healing issues if your hp is low or low refined if you will use for your main weapon.

I only used the g13 niv daggers to hit a higher aps to get in nab niv squads, the low damage compaired to r8/g15 is not worth keeping as a end game weapon other than for a backup.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Should you not try getting G16 vana daggers with -0.05 int, i thought they would out dd G15 zerk or R8r zerk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Should you not try getting G16 vana daggers with -0.05 int, i thought they would out dd G15 zerk or R8r zerk.

On average, yes.

Potentially, no.

If we're talking about idealized scenarios, 40 attack levels isn't even comparable to a zerkcrit.

But yes, I would still go for g16. The only trouble with G16 is getting the mold and farming the rerolls. But G16 is about twice as likely to get -0.05 than G15, accounting that you'd only accept SS or GoF as the unique mod. Otherwise it'd be 1.25x.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2012
    On average, yes.

Potentially, no.

If we're talking about idealized scenarios, 40 attack levels isn't even comparable to a zerkcrit.

But yes, I would still go for g16. The only trouble with G16 is getting the mold and farming the rerolls. But G16 is about twice as likely to get -0.05 than G15, accounting that you'd only accept SS or GoF as the unique mod. Otherwise it'd be 1.25x.

Yeah i have seen quite a few zerk crits and they are nice. Farming the molds isnt that bad as long as you have a decent squad, atleast its alot more fun than farming nirvana b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    There are a pair with -0.05 int and +40 attack levels sitting in a catshop on my server was we speak. However, I don't have $700 to pour into one item right now...
    Don't they both have GoF? Or is the odds too bad on one and better on the other?
    Likelyhood to roll GoF on r8r: 11.1%
    Likelyhood to roll SS on g15: 46.5%
    Likelyhood to roll GoF on g15: 2.5%
    SS is 15% and GoF is 20%.
    Thank you very much <3
    I'm assuming factoring it into the DPS equation would be the same as with crit, as it's more or less another crit rate that operates apart from the actual crits; I simply add "*1.15" for SS and "*1.20" for GoF to the equation?
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Thank you very much <3
    I'm assuming factoring it into the DPS equation would be the same as with crit, as it's more or less another crit rate that operates apart from the actual crits; I simply add "*1.15" for SS and "*1.20" for GoF to the equation?

Yup, the multiplier comes after everything else.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    So...comparing +5 1 garnet gem DDTs with +5 2 perfect garnet GoF r8r (because those are the refines and shards my r8 daggers have) with my current other gear, unsparked DDTs out-damage r8r slightly (31,232 DPS for DDT and 30,232 DPS for r8r), yet due to 4/5 aps damage gimp, sparked r8r actually out-damage DDT, albeit by a smaller margin than DDT out-damage r8r without spark (84,686 DPS for r8r and 84,100 DPS for DDT).
    This is, however, not calculating any adds on r8r other than GoF.

I never really pay attention to my hit/miss ratio and I did not achieve 5aps until after the gimp, so another question would concern the accuracy gimp. Have any of you seen a significant reduction in your landings of hits while sparked to 4/5aps since the gimp? If so, is the accuracy bonus of SoFC enough to remedy this? (Talking strictly PvE here, as I know PvP is relative to a target's evasion).
    ~Spazz~
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    I never really pay attention to my hit/miss ratio and I did not achieve 5aps until after the gimp, so another question would concern the accuracy gimp. Have any of you seen a significant reduction in your landings of hits while sparked to 4/5aps since the gimp? If so, is the accuracy bonus of SoFC enough to remedy this? (Talking strictly PvE here, as I know PvP is relative to a target's evasion).

Pretty sure the accuracy gimp has only been observed in PvP.

And from what the GMs told us of the mechanic, it's not a reduction of accuracy by 20%, but rather a forced miss of roughly 1 out of every 5 hits. That is, it's like adding a forced filter to the hits, where, even if you passed the accuracy filter (this is where SoF:C would come into play), you can still miss due to the attack speed filter. That is, it's an additional check that happens regardless of your result in the accuracy roll. Like rerolling your accuracy, this time with a 80% chance of passing.

Basically, you could think of the progression like this:
    1. Roll damage
    2. Roll for accuracy
    3. If APS>=4, roll for hit again with 20:80 split
    4. Roll for crit
    5. Roll for zerk
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Aha, gotchya.
    ~Spazz~
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2012
    There are a pair with -0.05 int and +40 attack levels sitting in a catshop on my server was we speak. However, I don't have $700 to pour into one item right now...
    If your willing to farm G15 or recast r8 and get GoF or SS, it wouldnt be much harder to farm G16, cant speak for your server but on HT the netherworld guidance mold sells for 15m. And drops quite regularly out of 10 warsong runs i have seen it drop 5 times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Thank you all for your help. I believe I shall get DDTs then eventually reforge into g16.
    ~Spazz~