need some help with gear

Options
StormShadow_ - Lost City
StormShadow_ - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Archer
Hi there, i really need help. What i want is to be able to solo aoe grind for money at later levels since ive seen it done before and also i want to be able to defend myself or at least be able to help out in pk.
http://pwcalc.com/cf21e69542990dee this is the build i have in mind but im new to building archer sooo yh not sure if this is good to be able to survive a group of mobs using charms genie n what not(yes im gonna learn n practise my class before i do this btw XD).
I know the bow is quite badass ive seen a lvl86 archer tick a r9 bm with it in 1shot n it was +3 thats why i want it XD.
Oh yes can you also tell me the price and if i can just manufacture some of it since im lvling the skills ?
Oh yes n i know r9 can 1shot me in this i mean ppl lvl90
tyb:cuteb:pleased
Post edited by StormShadow_ - Lost City on

Comments

• Thunderbow - Momaganon
    Thunderbow - Momaganon Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    no no get TT90 gear i wudnt advice that bow if its on a budget. and if that bow ticked a r9 bm it had to be Sparked take aim and a debuff on the BM cuz i couldnt tick a r9 BM with DragonBow nameless +3 so i doubt it
  • StormShadow_ - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    ook ty thought i could start saving up the 8mill for it now but i see what your saying il go for TT90 thenb:victory
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    http://pwcalc.com/ffd96ba58793d323

the bow isnt endgame , just a good investment which can be sold easily.

I have similar gear as a lvl 93 archer , just worse hat and not so much refines but i do just fine.

at lvl 95 you can try the Morai slingshot which provides 45 slaying lvls (the dmg is really good even for a slingshot since attack and slaying lvls stack). TT is far better than FF green. Also the ornaments Sky demon pearl is common in the market and the belt is lvl 80 reward from OHT. By continuing the quests of it , you can unlock the better versions.

good luck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • StormShadow_ - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Ah i see then hmm if i get the 8mill for that bow it would be a nice sell later, my i ask how much coins would it cost to make it +4?
    And about the TT90 im working on my manufacturing skill so i might be able to make it myself hopefully and im happy to hear that you do just fine with it, that good enough news for me thanks :D
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Ah i see then hmm if i get the 8mill for that bow it would be a nice sell later, my i ask how much coins would it cost to make it +4?
    And about the TT90 im working on my manufacturing skill so i might be able to make it myself hopefully and im happy to hear that you do just fine with it, that good enough news for me thanks :D

You can easily obtain +4 with mirages, or at the least +3. For a while I was +4ing a new piece of armor for my barb weekly with 2-300 mirages or so each time. It just takes time and a little patience and luck. You can opt to use a Tisha stone from +3 to +4 if needed, but I do not know how cost effective that would be at your level.

My archer looked about like this at level 90: http://pwcalc.com/b0a3f5cd32b6882a

Broadland is a great weapon and you should out DD most things until level 99 with it when it procs. Stack the Frenzy genie skill on it while 3 sparked for some serious DD output.

Full TT90 is a great alternative if you do not get the r5 gear. I personally used that magic hat because it gives a little bit of p def and some mana for more BoA action. If that is the case I would reccomend a Misty Forest Ring as your other ring due to the +50% accuracy increase. I am a bit of an accuracy ***** tho :x

Now for a few tips:

Don't add more than 4 str per level. It is better to have more dex for damage. Eventually you will be able to wear a Warsoul of Earth without adding any extra strength with just the extra gear +str adds.

And I would also recommend Jones Blessing over O'Malley just for the increased damage output. You should be alright in anything FC related without O'Malley (it didn't exist when I did FC on my archer, so everyone had Jones).

It is also worth looking into your end game strategy for future upgrades as you near 100 (decision between r8/tt99/Lunar/etc).
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I don't think archers do well as solo AOE grinders. I know there is that vid of asterelle in Map 3 but that doesn't apply to open world grinding. And I think the rumors of drops being reduced when using AOE skills are true just from my own experience.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    laloner wrote: »
    I don't think archers do well as solo AOE grinders. I know there is that vid of asterelle in Map 3 but that doesn't apply to open world grinding. And I think the rumors of drops being reduced when using AOE skills are true just from my own experience.

item drops have nothing to do with skill use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue