That the heck newbies screwed

Options
davidwilleford
davidwilleford Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
What the heck is going on all the stuff newbies pick up to make a buck is now only worth 1 coin
mystical claws only worth one coin at merchant the list goes on and on.
Now they have to spend real money just to get anywhere , ohh wait thats the Idea Duh!
Post edited by davidwilleford on

Comments

• KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    What the heck is going on all the stuff newbies pick up to make a buck is now only worth 1 coin
    mystical claws only worth one coin at merchant the list goes on and on.
    Now they have to spend real money just to get anywhere , ohh wait thats the Idea Duh!

Actually no. I've tested this out with a new character as well as many others. The coin reward from quests as well as the boost of coin drops makes up for the item devaluing. I've been able to buy all my skills and upgrade armor etc and still have about 10k atm and shes only level 15.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • shotwhointhewhat
    shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Low levels is the best time to spend money. It is the only time it feels like you are getting something for the amount of cash you spend. A 10 year old with allowance moneys could rock the low levels.
  • davidwilleford
    davidwilleford Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    then why have all the **** laying around if its not worth picking up?
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    then why have all the **** laying around if its not worth picking up?

Hay is worth 40k if sold to players. Ton's of other mats are needed for Dragon Quests as well as bank slot quests etc.

Just because it's valueless to npc doesn't mean it is to players.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    My character had 3 mil coin before level 20 (if I remember correctly) from selling quest related items like DQ drops. Even with how they lowered the NPC price, you can make a nice buck from selling them to players, definitely.
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Agreed Kawaii - I see a lot of the low dq stuff in catshops in West arch on RT, and if they sell to those prices, they won't miss the NPC prices :)

Hay and Fruit and other types of petfood is also well priced, in catshops or on ah
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • ILacy - Sanctuary
    ILacy - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    My character had 3 mil coin before level 20 (if I remember correctly) from selling quest related items like DQ drops. Even with how they lowered the NPC price, you can make a nice buck from selling them to players, definitely.

Agreed. Low DQs are needed for various kinds of quests like bank box extention, to get a flyer and so on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Breitling - Raging Tide
    Breitling - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    With hay prices the way they are even the most cash strapped low level player from level 20 to 40 can make a lot of coin farming mobs. You just have to know where to look and what to kill.
    Proud Executor of Rapture

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Like a good timepiece, a cleric is there when you need it.

Alt: Behike
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Rough furs

'nuff said. I keep several toons in their 2X just to farm for rough furs/concentrated glue and other ****s that catshops pay 16K apiece for

Even manage to buy fom 1 catshop and sell to another for a profit of like 10K a fur once b:laugh

EDIT: And lowbie is uber easy atm; my sin got 50+K in bank after skills + sharding FB19 dagger + gears by level 19
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Rough furs

'nuff said. I keep several toons in their 2X just to farm for rough furs/concentrated glue and other ****s that catshops pay 16K apiece for

Even manage to buy fom 1 catshop and sell to another for a profit of like 10K a fur once b:laugh

EDIT: And lowbie is uber easy atm; my sin got 50+K in bank after skills + sharding FB19 dagger + gears by level 19

So you'd need to farm 100 of them to make $1.

Perhaps you should start mowing your neighbor's lawn instead. b:pleased
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • Ms_BooBooFix - Dreamweaver
    Ms_BooBooFix - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    and you get 50k form the new daily low lv quest
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

Please explain. Whats this daily quest. For what levels?? And EACH time you do it, the reward is 50k?? How long does it take?
  • reiklingraider
    reiklingraider Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Why did I only get 20k from the new quest?
  • Eldires - Dreamweaver
    Eldires - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Sell them to other players. Expand your bank with them. Heck, do the Dragon Quest. They're still not useless!

Except the first tier. You can't even DQ with those. :(
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    yep the 1 coin per dq is nothing..kinda look at it this way,your weapon with its NPC price when you know dang well it can sell for millions,the dq may be 1 coin for npc but u can still manage to sell them for 2-3K plus in shop.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.