Wuddafuq Gear?

2»

Comments

• Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Probably an alt made on the cheap and the good things he's got like the Pan Gu come from the account stash.
    Were that so, he would have had it from the beginning. This guy has been around 2.5 years and has never had it before.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • _Blackula_ - Archosaur
    _Blackula_ - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well I will admit to being completely confused as to why his gear sucked....because its better than mine:) but after you mentioned how much he spent vs what he has....I see the problem with his gear.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I got some items like that on my cleric, where the coin could've been spent better refining if you go by what its worth. For instance I have a cloud stir ring that I'm just holding onto until I hit 100. But, I also got that cloud stir ring from opening 10 packs only on a whim because I needed tokens. And I didn't even purchase all the packs, some were given to me. I purchased like 5 of them. I suppose that money could have been spent on something better. But it wasn't like I was going to get super great returns on 5 packs and now I have a cloud stir. Found someone who had left off a couple of zeros on their wing trophy, messaged them. They didn't reply. So I bought it. Found a great deal on my warsoul helm at the time as well. Snapped it up because it was ridiculously cheap a long time ago. Glad I made the decision I did because its worth more now.

So yeah, gear is uneven. But if you find someone whose left off a couple of zeros on an expensive purchase and see someone else about to take it. Why shouldn't you snap it up instead of spending more later? You'll have the money back eventually to work on other gear.

The tome for example may have been given to him by someone who was quitting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    More than likely a half-assed alt.

My veno was running around with total **** gear and a Warsong Belt, a Cube Neck, and a Voidlands.

Got some interesting pms.
  • witniss
    witniss Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    More than likely a half-assed alt.

My veno was running around with total **** gear and a Warsong Belt, a Cube Neck, and a Voidlands.

Got some interesting pms.

He literally just said it wasn't ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I've been wracking my brain and blowing the hell out of the calc to understand why his physical defense if so high, and why every time I remove a piece of gear from that calc, it factors defense for twice what the piece says. I just figured out I somehow put a +62% physical defense engraving on the Sky Cover instead of +2%
    -double facefin-
    Correct calc here, and also fixed in my original post.
    R8 ring would give him more attack and crit.
    I stand corrected by myself.
    Unsparked, Sky Cover gives him 99 more DPS. Sparked, it gives him 263 more DPS.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~