making low LV 3 star wep

Options
Ms_BooBooFix - Dreamweaver
Ms_BooBooFix - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
Hello guys (=
I like to make my own weapon from lv 5 and up.And I did notice that it is allot harder to get 3 star on al the other races then Tidaborn ,
i did make 20 lv 5 mag weapon in the Elf city hopping to get one 3 star i got none, b:cry
just 5 2star and the rest 1, now to the funny part i did the same on my Sin before and got around 8 3 star and same on my Psy,
don't say its luck bc its not. There is something wrong here, sure some of you gone say i am just QQing .But it kinda sux to farm mats and see them turn into junk
Post edited by Ms_BooBooFix - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Random is random.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I don't think it's possible to create lv 5 3star weapons. I'm assuming you're trying to make items that have a lv 5 requirement and not grade 5 items right? Look on PWdatabase to see what you can make and what the probability for making it is.

It's like 3% chance to make a 3star or something.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Ms_BooBooFix - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I don't think it's possible to create lv 5 3star weapons. I'm assuming you're trying to make items that have a lv 5 requirement and not grade 5 items right? Look on PWdatabase to see what you can make and what the probability for making it is.

It's like 3% chance to make a 3star or something.

the numbers are wrong i just made 9 daggers in RT and 7 yes 7 of them where 3 star
    http://i47.tinypic.com/mkx1kj.jpg
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I guess that only applies to the Tideborn weapons then...

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/26064

Notice for say...a low level bow:

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/4617

or axe

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/4576

probability to make 3star is 0.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I guess that only applies to the Tideborn weapons then...

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/26064

Notice for say...a low level bow:

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/4617

probability to make 3star is 0.

i know i am silly and its just low lv wep but this is wrong b:cry they cant just give the tidaborn the 3 star low lv wep and ignore the other classes b:sad i wasted allot of my mats hopping to make one
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Ya...and probability to make most 3stars is indeed 3%, not 33% like the lv 5 TB weapons.

Higher level Soulsphere here:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/26102

All classes can get molds, either as drops or by doing Divine Order quests...and 3stars do drop in instances, so you can still have cool stuff as you level up.

It does makes the game more interesting to spend time on if one can gather mats and make one's own 3star gear more often though.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Why do you need a 3* weapon at level 5....

You level up so fast you'd just be trading it in for a better one in 20 minutes of playing or less. I just used quest rewards/supply stash weapons until into the 20s.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Why do you need a 3* weapon at level 5....

You level up so fast you'd just be trading it in for a better one in 20 minutes of playing or less. I just used quest rewards/supply stash weapons until into the 20s.

its more fun to make my own low wep and gear then get it for free, it don't matter if i just gone use it for 20min i made it and that's the fun part of the game for some of us (=
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    its more fun to make my own low wep and gear then get it for free, it don't matter if i just gone use it for 20min i made it and that's the fun part of the game for some of us (=

I do kind of the same thing when I make a new character, I just don't make the gear with the new one. My Cleric has lvl 8 of all the crafting skills so I will go and make a set of gear for each lvl set up to TT70.

Then as my toon lvls I just put on my new armor and equip my new weps as I can. I used to just drop the gear into one of my factions banks so others can use it later on if they want. But since most of my factions are 70-100+ only now I end up just selling or giving to a friend that happens to be making a new toon too lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Dont get too hooked on 3star at the expense of others.

A 2star with good add-ons and 2 or 3 sockets is better than a 3 star item with bad add-ons and 1 socket.
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    exactally the amount of stars is almost meaningless, ive seen 3* that were useless, and 1* that were awesome.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Dont get too hooked on 3star at the expense of others.

A 2star with good add-ons and 2 or 3 sockets is better than a 3 star item with bad add-ons and 1 socket.
    the thing the only race that can make the 3 star low lv weapon (lv5) is the Tidaborn and they have 33% to make them, Al the other race have 0% chance to make a 3 star